#1 Demelza

Demelza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hi all,
Can anyone please tell me more about Glorieta Arabians... what they bred, how long they were around etc etc? I admire many of the horses I've seen with the Glorieta prefix in photos. :1233_hand_clapping:

#2 Christy Hazel

Christy Hazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

Were they the farm that was down near New Orleans??? A picture is popping in my head of a horse and if it's the same farm I'm thinking of they bred some fantastic horses.

Christy
LEZAH Arabians
EGYPTIAN ARABIANS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT
David and Christy Hazel

North Alabama

AND
Equine Photography by Christy
Visit My NEW Website christyhazel.com
New Lowered fees for ALL to afford nice photos

#3 Bay Mare Farm

Bay Mare Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

I think (I could be wrong) they were in Texas, I know that their head stallion was Ansata Abu Nazeer (*Ansata Ibn Halima x *Ansata Bint Zafaarana) full brother to Ansata El Nisr,Ansata El Alim,Ansata El Mameluke, Ansata El Kedive,Ansata Ali Pasha. They had several stallions, another being El Saqlawi (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x Hoyeda) a full brother to Imperials Moniet El Nafis.

They bred often to Ansata Shah Zaman as well and had a large wonderful group of dtrs. They bred alot of the *Ansata Ibn Halima x Ansata Shah Zaman crossed horses . Donna of Century Oak's ...Zandai Jasoor is a son of a Glorieta mare, Glorieta Saqlima (El Saqlawi x Glorieta Serima) a bit of trivia......Jasoor's dam is a half sister to the wonderful Alidarra (Alidaar x Glorieta Serima) who was sold to Saqr Arabians in Egypt and the dam of the gorgeous Ghazal Sakr, a well respected stallion in Egypt and the Middle East. The tail female line to Ansata Sabiha is a bit harder to find these days. Glorieta Ranch bred many multi champion horses and some of the most beautiful of its day. My 2 cents.

Billy
Billy Williams & Paul Keel

Bay Mare Farm

Stallion:

Zandai Nile Zavon - (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Nile Aziza)

Zandai Issar (*Ansata Ken Rashik x Zandai Zenobia-El Hadiyyah)

Mares:

Krown Princess - (ET Crown Prince x *Ramses Sadaka -Seef)

Bint Maar Juahariel (El Halimaar x Maar Juahariel -Ansata Halim Shah)

Azerii Maar Malak (Richter MH x Maar Juahariel -Ansata Halim Shah)

Zandai Om Zahra (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Zenobia -El Hadiyyah)

Sha Ameera (Anwars Ameer x Sha IQ- ZT Faa IQ)

Tess Trueheart (Prince of The Nile x Moss Hill Sabah)

Gelding:

Zandai Mahfouz (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Zenobia -El Hadiyyah)

#4 marketing

marketing

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

GLORIETA RANCH
1 POWDERHORN GAP
GALENA, IL 61036
SAHARA CYPRYSS 1995 Chestnut mare
BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse
<!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo-->
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro-->Heidi<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->
Triple H farm

#5 PAS

PAS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

One of the foundations mares for Glorieta was Anchor Hill Hamla, sired by the Straight Babson stallion Hadbah and out of the Egyptian import *Gamila. This mare was a super producer for them with many daughters to her credit. She was bred mostly to Ansata Abu Nazeer but produced a filly by Char Echo, Glorieta Gambolia who when bred to Ansata Abu Nazeer produced the stunning stallion Glorieta Gazaal. When bred to *Talal she produced Glorieta Tala, dam of my mare AK Rabiya. Her daughters By Ansata Abu Nazeer include Glorieta Zaafira, Glorieta Zaarina, Glorieta Rabdania and the beaiutiful Glorieta Dalima.

Many of the horses in my herd trace to Rabdania and Dalima. Glorieta Dalima and Glorieta Gazaal lived their lives out ehre with me. We have sons and daughters form both today. AK Rabiya is here as well. She is our oldest horse at 25 years. They are and were extremely beautiful horses and I was lucky to have them as the basis of my program.
Kimberli Nelson
Pyramid Arabian Stud at Zee Ranch
http://www.zeeranch.com

#6 Demelza

Demelza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Thanks all for your replies - to me this breeding programme seems truly remarkable. I'm amazed that the same classic type gets passed on for 2, 3 even 4 generations, even when bred to quite different families. It's about time some of this blood made it's way to NZ or Australia!

#7 Alara

Alara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

Glorieta Gabriela is a daughter of Glorieta Gazaal out of Glorieta Farahlea by Ansata Shah Zaman, she is in foal to our Imperial Imdal son, Alfano Mystall (what a golden cross). We allready have a 2007 filly from them who graces the beauty, elegants, nice croup, level topline, straight legs, beautiful big black eyes, with a very feminine body. Myeta has a exotic dished head, excellent conformation couple with floating movemnet and tail carriage. We knew that we had a gem out of our cross the day she was born. Gabby, as we call her, is 19 years old, we got her from a lady that wanted her to go to a home where she would never be sold. Back in the last 80's and early 90s this lady worked for Glorieta Farms and Gabby was a gift to her. When Gabby was around 2 she was boarded at another farm because of family sickness. After the husband died, the lady went to get her horses and found a stick in Gabby stomach. She ended up at U of I, they had to cut the stick out and by doing so cut her strap mucsels holding the spine up. In about six months Gabby had a sway in her back so she could not be broke to ride nor was she shown. Gabby has had 4 babies and she never has a bit of trouble with brithing. She is the most wonderful mother and loves when you pay attendtion to her baby. When we went to look at Gabby, it was love at first sight, we said we would take her and paid the lady $1.00 (One Dollar) for her and I would not take $50,000 for her. Gabby is our queen and she thinks she is queen of the farm. I would love to have about 10 mares just like her. We are keeping Myeta, but if she has a another filly we will sell that filly or if she had a colt we will be keeping the colt. Just as soon as she foals I will post some pictures of her. This one is of Myeta who will be 2 in Aug.Attached File  clip_image002.jpg   3.93KB   0 downloads
Marlys
Alara Egyptian Arabians
www.alaraarabiansstables.com
Geneseo, IL

#8 Christy Hazel

Christy Hazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

AWHHH!! What a precious story about your "Gabby". What a perfect diamond she is.

Those kind of broodmares are priceless.

Christy
LEZAH Arabians
David and Christy Hazel

North Alabama

AND

#9 PAS

PAS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

What a wonderful story about a priceless mare! thank you for sharing that with us. I love to hear about the daughters of Gazaal. He was such a beautiful stallion and produced such outstanding offspring. I was only lucky enough for get two foals from him both of which are fillies! Marilyn Lang has one and I have the last born. She is Hadba Bint Gazaal. Her dam is a Glorieta Dalima daughter. I love this filly. She was born black going grey.

Demezla, get on a jet headed for Arizona and I will send you home with a few horses in your suitcase! You do need them you know!!!! hahahhaa
Kimberli Nelson

#10 Alara

Alara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Attached File  image0_1.jpg   329.73KB   7 downloadsI just found a book that Glorieta Ranch put out about their farm, mares, and stallions.
The address on the front of the book reads
Gloriet Ranch
Finest Egyptian Bloodlines
Mike and KiKi Case, Owners
Apple Springs, Texas

Quote from inside of book

One of nature's most exquisite creations is the Ggyptian Arabian
horse. With its beauty of form, grace of movement, warmth of
personality and ethereal air, the Egyptian Arabian provides a glimpse
of nature's perfecdtion. This glimpse of perfection instills in many a desire to capture and perpetuate nature's excellence.

In order to perpetuate these magnificent qualities the source
genetic material must be identified and intensified. In working
toward this goal the pedigree proves an invaluable tool, and the
intelligent use of linebreeding and inbreeding is a necessity.

Glorieta Ranch has collected and created a nucleus of breeding
stock that represents some of the most successful Egyptian
bloodlines in the world. In the future we will continue to add to our
genetic pool those Egyptian bloodlines that have proven their
potency. Through intelligent linebreeding we will intensify--through
occasional outcrossing we will strengthen. The possibilities are
boundless.

Featured on the following pages are those straight Egyptina
individuals that are currently included in our breeding program.

End Quote

Then on the following pages are pictures and write up about Ansata Abu Nazeer, El Saqlawi, Ansata Reza Shah, Ansata Sabiha, Glorieta Sabdand, Glorieta Salima, Glorieta Shahlana, Glorieta Shahlima, Glorieta Sabieta, Barakaa, Anchor Hill Hamla, Glorieta Dalima, Glorieta Gambolia, Glorieta Angelima, Glorieta Maarqesa, and Glorieta Farahdia (This mare is the granddam of our Gabby)

I would guess they started breed maybe in the late 1970
Here is a picture of Glorieta Gazaal when he was 18 months old
Marlys
Alara Egyptian Arabians
Geneseo, IL

#11 Alara

Alara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

This is from a page in the book, 2 full sister Glorieta Shahlana and Glorieta Shahlima
Sire: Ansata Shah Zaman
Dam: Ansata Sabiha
Is say these full sisters are two of the finest young Egyptian mares to have sailed high tailed over the turf. They are the stuff of which dreams are made, the foundation of an empire , glorious testimony to the magic of the Sabiha-Shah Zaman cross.

They did love thier breeding program and who wouldn't, they are breathtaking and in every respect the superior quality to strive for in every mating. Can you tell I love Glorieta horses.Attached File  image0_2.jpg   363.54KB   42 downloads
Marlys
Alara Egyptian Arabians
Geneseo, IL

#12 PAS

PAS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THAT BOOK...

Mike Case came to see Glorieta Gazaal a few months before he died (Gazaal died not Mike). He said that Gazaal had been one of his favorite horses and he was glad that he was in Arizona. At one time glorieta Ranch was located not far from here where the 101 and a shopping center is now located. times change.

i have some wonderful photos of Gazaal and will try topost some of them tonight. i also have one photo of Dalima but it is the only good photo of her ever taken.

I too love the Glorieta program, can you tell?
Kimberli Nelson

#13 Alara

Alara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Christy and Kim for Gabby, she is the love of my life (well maybe 1 of the love of my life, maybe hubby should come first).

I will make some copies of the book Kim and mail it to you. When we bought Gabby the lady gave us pictures of Gazaal, Glorieta Azzfira, Glorieta Maarques, and other Glorieta horses along with Ansata Abu Nazeer.

Right now hubby says Gabby looks like a C-130, coming out of the barn, she is so big, but it won't be long now, can't wait. I not sure I was this excited when the grandkids were about to arrive. I hope the foal looks just like Myeta.
Marlys
Alara Egyptian Arabians
Geneseo, IL

#14 ZandaiJasoor

ZandaiJasoor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

This is from a page in the book, 2 full sister Glorieta Shahlana and Glorieta Shahlima
Sire: Ansata Shah Zaman
Dam: Ansata Sabiha
Is say these full sisters are two of the finest young Egyptian mares to have sailed high tailed over the turf. They are the stuff of which dreams are made, the foundation of an empire , glorious testimony to the magic of the Sabiha-Shah Zaman cross.

They did love thier breeding program and who wouldn't, they are breathtaking and in every respect the superior quality to strive for in every mating. Can you tell I love Glorieta horses.Attached File  image0_2.jpg   363.54KB   42 downloads

thank you for posting that picture of Glorieta Shahlima as she is Zandai Jasoor's tail female line. :) Love the story of Gabby, these mares are truly priceless gifts :wub:
Donna Sabatine
Century Oak Arabians
Deatsville, AL

Proud Guardian to Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima)
2003 SE Stallion, silver dapple grey, pure in strain Dahman Shahwan

FreezeMark.net
Kryo Kinetics USA Region 6 Technician
"The Alpha Angle System of Horse Identification"

*Ask me about permanently tying your Straight Egyptian to their pedigree and identification information. Let's cut down the number of Arabians lost from their papers through no fault of their own! *

#15 SE Legacy

SE Legacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:SE Legacy Boodstock breeds, shows and promotes Straight Egyptian Arabian horses with a an emphasis on perpectuating the bloodlines of Imperial Egyptian Stud. We stand the 2012 EE Unanimous Class Champion, Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) and always welcome visitors.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

thank you for posting that picture of Glorieta Shahlima as she is Zandai Jasoor's tail female line. :) Love the story of Gabby, these mares are truly priceless gifts :wub:

I had the pleasure of meeting Gabby in person and her beautiful foal, Amirah Myeta. If that filly was for sale - she would be mine. I am visiting Alara Arabians again this weekend and I am hoping that Gabby foals out while I am there so I can see the next little treasure myself. Hmmm....boy or girl? Can't wait to see.

SE Legacy Bloodstock

Straight Egyptian Stallions at Stud:

Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) - 2009, SE, AK Grey Stallion
Ibn Glorieta Gazaal (Alfano Mystall (Imperial Imdal) x Glorieta Gabriela) 2009 SE, AK Grey Stallion

Straight Egyptian Bloodstock Sales:

Please visit our web site www.selegacy.com for an updated sales list.

#16 Christy Hazel

Christy Hazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

How exciting Carey! I got to watch a friends mare give birth once and it was a priceless moment.

Christy
LEZAH Arabians
David and Christy Hazel

North Alabama

AND

#17 PAS

PAS

Advanced Member