26 replies to this topic

#1 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.

I am Jane Vockrodt of Qismet Arabians, Spencerville, Ontario, Canada.

I have Spanish and Spanish-Related arabians. My pride and joy is my Spanish-Related stallion ZLA Nemesio.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also show and occassionally breed German Shepherd Dogs.

Jane

#2 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Ooops..forgot to add that Nemo's outcross from the Spanish lines is his second dam ( maternal grand dam), the imported mare *SZED Fakira is a daughter of FAKHR EL KHEIL, the infamous jumper of the Maxwell's in the UK. So I guess this makes Nemo a "Golden Cross" stallion.

His pedigree can be seen here:
http://www.allbreedp...com/zla nemesio

Jane

#3 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:25 PM

Welcome Jane, from beautiful BC.
SZED Fakira's breeder is a member here too (szedlisa) helping us to understand genetic issues.
Cathy

Posted Image

#4 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

:th_party0033:

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#5 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

Welcome!! I am sure you will enjoy it here. He is a pretty boy too :th_party0033:

#6 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

Welcome Jane, from beautiful BC.
SZED Fakira's breeder is a member here too (szedlisa) helping us to understand genetic issues.
Cathy

Thanks for the welcome. Awesome that Lisa is here!
Jane

#7 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:02 AM

Welcome!! I am sure you will enjoy it here. He is a pretty boy too :PerspectMA19366318-0001:

Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure Nemo gets his looks from his Egyptian blood.
Jane

#8 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:04 AM

:PerspectMA19366318-0001:

Thanks. I'm hoping to learn more about the Egyptian lines.
Jane

#9 Ashanti

Ashanti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Horses, riding, nature, reading, painting

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

Welcome here!

Greetings from Switzerland
Mel
www-melhan-arabians.com

#10 ShannonC

ShannonC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:A right I'll tell. I am a single mom of a 28 old daughter Shanda with cerebral palsy who is my blessing from God and keeps me sain. We love our Arabians we work, play and breath Arabians. When we not with our horses we like to travel around and see new things and meet new people. Oh and we love to go to concerts of all types of music!!!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

Hello Jane,

:th_thparty0036: Just love the pic of your boy. I really really like the Spanish/Egypitan crosses. Look forward to see more pics of your horses.
Shannon

#11 ArleneMagid

ArleneMagid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Besides my lifelong passion for Arabian horses which has led to my research and writing being published worldwide, I love houserabbits, cats, dogs and Chinchillas, reading about European history, and travelling to go to art museums and historic sites of interest.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Wonderful to see you here, Jane-and love the photos of Nemo.

Do you want me to post his pedigree writeup for you?

#12 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

Welcome here!

Greetings from Switzerland
Mel
www-melhan-arabians.com

Thanks Mel.

#13 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hello Jane,

:th_thparty0036: Just love the pic of your boy. I really really like the Spanish/Egypitan crosses. Look forward to see more pics of your horses.
Shannon

Thanks Shannon. I am looking forward to learning more about the Egyptian lines.
Jane

#14 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

Wonderful to see you here, Jane-and love the photos of Nemo.

Do you want me to post his pedigree writeup for you?

Hi Arlene. Thanks - he sure is handsome, isn't he?

I would love for you to post his pedigree research that you did for him. Thank you for thinking of that.

Jane

#15 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

Ooops..forgot to add that Nemo's outcross from the Spanish lines is his second dam ( maternal grand dam), the imported mare *SZED Fakira is a daughter of FAKHR EL KHEIL, the infamous jumper of the Maxwell's in the UK. So I guess this makes Nemo a "Golden Cross" stallion.

His pedigree can be seen here:
http://www.allbreedp...com/zla nemesio

Jane

Dear Jane

Welcome, welcome, welcome my countrywoman.
So glad you joined and so happy you enjoy your beloved stallions. Yes those spaniards bred some fine horses and still do.

Now what you kight want to consider adding a nice Straight Egyptian female, breed it to some nice SE stallion you have up your area. I can lead you to some, if you like.

Take care, post often and tell us all you can.

Hansi :bigemo_harabe_net-123: :1233_hand_clapping:
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#16 bellestar

bellestar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

Dear Jane

Welcome, welcome, welcome my countrywoman.
So glad you joined and so happy you enjoy your beloved stallions. Yes those spaniards bred some fine horses and still do.

Now what you kight want to consider adding a nice Straight Egyptian female, breed it to some nice SE stallion you have up your area. I can lead you to some, if you like.

Take care, post often and tell us all you can.

Hansi :bigemo_harabe_net-123: :1233_hand_clapping:

Thanks Hansi,

I will take you up on advising me for sure. . . it is a good idea. I like to research things really well so any info regarding horses, pedigrees, and why the bloodlines are good would be really helpful to me in understanding the Egyptian lines.

Jane

#17 ArleneMagid

ArleneMagid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Besides my lifelong passion for Arabian horses which has led to my research and writing being published worldwide, I love houserabbits, cats, dogs and Chinchillas, reading about European history, and travelling to go to art museums and historic sites of interest.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

ARLENE MAGID
PEDIGREE RESEARCH
Email Arabbits@aol.com
ZLA NEMESIO

ZLA NEMESIO is of all Spanish breeding, with an outcross to the straight Egyptian stallion FAKHR EL KHEIL as the sire of his second dam (he was leased to Diego Mendez Moreno in Spain).

ZLA NEMESIO’s sire TOBASCCO was named a show champion sporthorse stallion when just two months of age, prior to weaning, in his only time shown. TOBASCCO is a full brother to 2009 U.S. Top Ten Hunter JTR YO, a full blood brother to 2009 U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Jackpot Gelding CIRRIUS and a maternal brother to 2009 U.S. National Champion Sporthorse Jackpot Colt CZANTIAGO. TOBASCCO is by 2006 U.S. Top Ten Hunter Hack AOTR *S S ORION, who has multiple regional wins including 2007 Region 3 Champion Third Level Dressage ATR as well. *S S ORION is closely related to 2008 Spanish National Champion Mare PIKARA, also awarded the title for best movement at the 2007 Spanish Nationals, as they are both by sons of ZACATECO out of daughters of MIKADO. *S S ORION is a son of National Champion sire FAKATEKO, whose get include Spanish Reserve National Champion Mare BRAKEN and Spanish Reserve National Champion Gelding XOKOALT. FAKATEKO is by ZACATECO, whose National Champion get include Spanish National Champion Gelding ZAFRAN, Spanish Reserve National Champion Stallion FIOLEK (sire of PIKARA), Spanish Reserve National Champion Mare GHORAK and Spanish Reserve Junior Champion Colt YAQUE. ZACATECO is by JACIO, sire of Spanish National Champion Mares HAMIDA and HEZINA (she the dam of two Spanish National Champions), of American National winner sires *GG SAMIR and *SIDI BRAHIM, and of GHADAMES (sire of British National Champions., ZACATECO is a maternal brother to GARBO, sire of Spanish National Champion Stallions *PADRE and *EL JUATOR, Spanish National Champion Mares ZUJAIRA and *MARSALA, and of National winner producers *LANGARA, *MEDINA AZAHARA, *RALEA and *YANIFA. FAKATEKO is out of ZAKATEKA, whose sire MARMOL also sired multi-regional winner in english pleasure, pleasure driving, informal combination and show hack *EFIGIE SSB. ZAKATEKA is out of Spanish National Champion Mare SAMARKANDA, a ¾ sister to National Champion sires NAGASAKI and *OSAKA.

*S S ORION’s dam DAIKIRI is a ¾ sister to Spanish Reserve National Champion Stallion TARIK. DAIKIRI’s sire MIKADO is a National Champion sire and her dam POLKA is a Spanish National Champion Mare. POLKA is a full sister to Dutch National Champion Stallion NAGASAKI, sire of European Reserve Champion Stallion, Dutch National Champion Stallion and National Champion sire *MARHABA, National Champion sire *FORELOCKS PETJA, and National winner sire *SASAKI (the maternal grandsire of twice U.S. National Champion Stallion MAGNUM PSYCHE). She is also a full sister to Canadian Top Ten English Pleasure *OSAKA, sire of multi-National Champion dressage WINDFAL+ and of SUROKHAN, a remarkable sire of sport horses including 18-time National winner GHIAS GAL+// , 8-time National winner SUR-LISA+, 14-time National winner A LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN+//, 20-time National winner SUR TEDDY’S MAGNA+// SUROKHAN is also the double grandsire of SURPHIN BOY+//, a multi-National Champion Hunter and Jumper.

TOBASCCO’s dam, multi-National winner producer PASCION S, is a full sister to ROSE SR SWEET, dam of 2008 U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Jackpot Filly BDAZZL and 2009 U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Jackpot Gelding CIRRIUS. PASCION SS is by *ESPERANTO, a blue ribbon winner in english pleasure and sire of multi halter champion SR RICO, Scottsdale Top Ten Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse winner PICAZZO, and Region 3 Champion Jumper ATR and Hunter AOTR and Top Five Hunter Hack RHUMMBA , multi-National winner producers PASCION S and ROSE SR SWEET, and WRADAR (sire of 2009 U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Jackpot Filly CAYENNNE). He is by MARMOL, also sire of the multi-regional saddleseat performance winner *EFIGIE SSB. MARMOL is by TABAL, sire of Canadian Top Ten Mare *TADURIA DE WASHOE and of NEVISCA, dam of *OSAKA and NAGASAKI. TABAL is also the maternal grandsire of British National Champions HAGUNIA and ESPLENDOR and of *GG SAMIR, sire of National Champions in halter and performance. TABAL’s son *FIGUROSO is a Spanish National Champion Stallion and National winner sire, and *FIGUROSO daughters have produced multi-National Champion Trail TA AURORA BEY+/ and multi-National Champion Half-Arabian Dressage SD DARTANIAN++++//. MARMOL’s dam ESCALA II is a paternal sister to 5 National winner producers including *SABIDURIA, dam of 3 National winners.

*ESPERANTO is a maternal brother to *OCHAVA, dam of QUEST MF and BINT OCHAVA, both National winners in western pleasure. *OCHAVA also produced National winner sire *CYPRES, regional halter champion and regional champion producer SYLVI, and *AVILA, dam of multi-National winner in western pleasure GRAND AFFAIR and of National Champion sire EL DORADO I. *ESPERANTO’s dam CANTINERA II is a full sister to DACIA, whose daughter COLIMA is a Spanish National Champion Mare who produced Spanish National Champion Mare *MARSALA, Spanish National Champion Stallion and National winner sire *KAZAK SSB, ONIX (dam of Spanish National Champion Stallion and National Champion sire RAWALPYNDI). PASCION S is out of Canadian National Champion Hunter *IBERIA. She is a daughter of GEBEL TARIK, who is closely related to ZACATECO . *IBERIA is out of KADOFA, dam of 4 North American performance stars: *EFIGIE SSB, *IBERIA, Canadian National Champion Hunter *GALAXIA SSB and 21 time National winner *JEZABEL SSB+//, a multi-National Champion Hunter. KADOFA’s sire, National winner sire ZANCUDO, sired 10 producers of National winners. KADOFA is a full sister to JABALPUR (sire of British National Champion Mare HAGUNIA), to LADRONA (dam of Spanish National Champion Mare BACANALA), and to IABA (dam of *ABHA ODALIC, whose son EXODUS I+// has 14 National wins and is a multi-National Champion Hunter, and granddam of National Champion producer ABHA INSOLITA). KADOFA is a maternal sister to GARPA (dam of U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure JOTR 14-17 and regional halter winner *GALANT SSB+, and European Champion and Reserve World Champion mare ORLA II), to SARGENTO (sire of National Champion producer *ABHA QUIMBA), and to BAMBU (sire of U.S. and Canadian National Champion Mare and U.S. National Champion Pleasure Driving *ABHA HAMIR++/ ).

ZLA NEMESIO is out of SZED FANTASIA. Her sire, U.S. Top Ten Show Hack JTR and English pleasure champion *SZED PAYASO, sired just 12 registered foals, among them Region 8 Top Five Gelding and multi-western pleasure champion CONEJO II and U.S. Top Ten Working Hunter JTR KARACHE. *SZED PAYASO is by FALCE, whose sire TABAL has already been mentioned (SZED FANTASIA has two lines to TABAL). *SZED PAYASO is out of *SZED PAJARILLA, a fill sister to champion producer *SZ PARILLA. She is by PEPETE (sire of just 10 foals, including *SZED ADDAL, dam of successful endurance horse VAST GLORY and of halter reserve champion DAMA DE ESPANA). *SZED PAJARILLA is out of Spanish Reserve Junior Champion Filly *SZ JARILLA, dam of 1980 Region 5 Top Five Mare and champion producer *SZ JAULYN++/, halter and western pleasure champion *SZ JARINKA, and 1987 Region 17 Top Five English Pleasure AOTR EDR EL VENCEDOR. *SZ JARILLA is a full sister to Spanish National Champion Stallion LATINO and a maternal sister to Spanish Reserve National Champion Mare MEHARILLA. by Spanish National Champion Stallion and National winner sire *FIGUROSO, whose daughters have produced multi-National Champion Trail TA AURORA BEY+/ and multi-National Champion Half-Arabian Dressage SD DARTANIAN++++//. Her dam ARILLA is the dam of 3 National Champions and 3 producers of National winners. She also produced regional halter winners and National winner sires *RASTANO and *NILO and Canadian National Champion Western Pleasure AOTR and National winner sire *URANIO+/. Also of the ARILLA dam line is multi-Top Ten Western Pleasure winner and National Champion producer BELAMY DE NILO, who traces to ARILLA through both her sire and dam in tail female. The double ARILLA grandson *SAJALIN sired SPRING AZURE, dam of 5 champions (including Canadian Top Ten Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse MICHELANGELLO+) and of HONEICOMB (dam of 2 National Champions-U.S. National Champion Western Pleasure LINK TO FAME and U.S. National Champion Gelding PSYCHIC POWER+++/).

SZED FANTASIA is out of *SZED FAKIRA, a daughter of FAKHR EL KHEIL, who was bred in Egypt. He is truly an international sire, with get in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and North America (his son *AL MUSTARI is an American multi-champion in hunt pleasure and show hack who competed till he he was 18). In Britain FAKHR EL KHEIL is known as the sire of MUNEERA, dam of British National Champion, World Champion and Nations Cup Champion Senior Stallion MALEIK EL KHEIL, sire of British Junior National Champion Colt KURAISHI and British National Champion Stallion and National Champion sire EL SALEEM (this is the sire line of British Supreme Champion Stallion *RUSHAN and of 2007 Canadian Top Ten Stallion ANTHAM). FAKHR EL KHEIL’s son EL KHERON sired British Supreme Female Champion FARAHNAZ. The FAKHR EL KHEIL daughter JEHANI is the granddam of RULA, dam of 2 New Zealand National Champion Mares, and his daughter SELIMAH (best Austrian Mare of 1988) is the dam of Austrian National Champion Mare AALIYAH BEY. *SZED FAKIRA is out of *FRUTA, whose sire *KOMUSTE sired multi-performance champion *SENADOR and is the grandsire of National winner producer *KARABAA and of *LI, dam of U.S. Reserve National Champion Trail JOTR *SZED VOLPE.

#18 Etaya Stud

Etaya Stud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

Welcome Jane,

Very nice to see a fellow Canadian here. Wish you the best.

Jennifer Parsons
Etaya Egyptian Stud
Victoria Harbour, ON (that's just N of Barrie)

#19 dakhilah

dakhilah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hi Jane,
Welcome here [I'm also a newbie ]
Great boy you have there, very handsome !
Greetings sas.

#20 Kristine

Kristine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Welcome Jane!!

Great to see another Canadian!! I grew up in Vancouver BC, and now live just outside of Edmonton, Alberta.

Kristine

Home of and slave to

Spencer, Psyfawn, Black horse and Diva.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users