104 replies to this topic

#1 pegasus

pegasus

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

Great opportunity to obtain a lovely SE gray colt by Thee Desperado who's book is now closed to SE mares. Out of a Top Ten World Class mare that just sold for $100K.

Shown successfully, winner of $7K at the Event. Started under saddle.

No Reserve!

http://www.apexarabiansauction.com

Ends at midnight!

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'm curious who won the colt? At last check he was @ $850 bucks.

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#3 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:32 AM

wow someone got a deal!
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#4 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:28 AM

Great opportunity to obtain a lovely SE gray colt by Thee Desperado who's book is now closed to SE mares. Out of a Top Ten World Class mare that just sold for $100K.

No Reserve!

Ends at midnight!

I thought that thye opened Thee's book back up to SE's this year?
I wonder if they offered any refunds to those that they suckered into lifetime breeding when the book was closed? Woud be willing to bet they looked after those people. Solid people like that don't stay in business for as long as they have by screwing people.

#5 NightshadeArabs

NightshadeArabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

As far as I can tell his book was closed to "outside" SE mares, as one set of lifetime breeders recently had foals out of him :Wine_glass_2:
Cordy Brannan
Nightshade Arabians
http://www.nightshadearabians.com

Home to SE AK SO stallion: JT Sadik Sireff
SCID-Clear, CA-N/CA (carrier)

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

I guess "lifetime" = one year... Ha!

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#7 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

No Reserve!

Ends at midnight!

Pegasus, how can a colt out of a $ 100,000 mare bring $ 850.00?
This is absurd. Can we see a photo of his dam please?
May be the mare was overpriced or the colt way underpriced?

When I see a 100,000 mare, truly having such quality value, I expect a 50,000 offspring.
Unless of course, it was a poor mating. Just the same, based on the sire, should he not be
similar?

It is most unusual to sell a mare for the price mentioned, unless of course she is such a phenominal producer, no matter what mating stallion is involved.

Just my opinion
Hansi :)
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#8 Imke79

Imke79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

Here is a photo of her:

http://picasaweb.goo...sxdWybpuGdf_H9w

http://picasaweb.goo...a6KBzeHec3HbNjA
L'homme est condamné à être libré.
(Jean Paul Sartre)

#9 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

Here is a photo of her:

http://picasaweb.goo...sxdWybpuGdf_H9w

http://picasaweb.goo...a6KBzeHec3HbNjA

WOW Imke, this is a $ 100,000 mare? Have to be poor photos.
Of course, if the buyer was so inlove with her, than that is okay.
I cant believe the price. As I said, the buyer had to be deeply inlove with this mare to pay this humengous amount. Amazing, trupy amazing.

thanks for giving the link. Learning every day, eh!

Hansi :)
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#10 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:07 PM

WOW Imke, this is a $ 100,000 mare? Have to be poor photos.

My thoughts exactly.....

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#11 NightshadeArabs

NightshadeArabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Pegasus, how can a colt out of a $ 100,000 mare bring $ 850.00?
This is absurd. Can we see a photo of his dam please?
May be the mare was overpriced or the colt way underpriced?

When I see a 100,000 mare, truly having such quality value, I expect a 50,000 offspring.
Unless of course, it was a poor mating. Just the same, based on the sire, should he not be
similar?

It is most unusual to sell a mare for the price mentioned, unless of course she is such a phenominal producer, no matter what mating stallion is involved.

Just my opinion
Hansi PerspectMA19366318-0001.gif

A $100,000 in what economy. Besides, without doing a reserve and not blasting the internet/having more than one day to get bids only certain people would find and bid. Others may have had money tied up in Christmas presence.
Cordy Brannan
Nightshade Arabians
http://www.nightshadearabians.com

Home to SE AK SO stallion: JT Sadik Sireff
SCID-Clear, CA-N/CA (carrier)

#12 GA Donatella

GA Donatella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:My horses (girls) of course, gardening, reading, crafts.. and did I mention chores and more chores !! I love all the horse activities available in the Lexington area; there always a show or something horse related to go to in the summer. <br />

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

I don't think it's bad photo's .. and the price is wayyyy over inflated imo. Amy's pictures always looked like the horses I've seen at the EE that she's posted. Each to their own .. I hope the colt got a good home for that low price.

Sandra A.
Lawrenceburg, Ky

Home of:

GA Donatella gm ( Ansata El Halim x GA Alis Dream ) SE Al Khamsa
Yermeh Rozette bm (Orzelladdinn x Yermeh Druzette ) 86% Polish Related

#13 sheikh rissan

sheikh rissan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Oncology, Medicine, Arab Horses (obviously!), Driving Cars, Reading, Cooking, Eating, Pilates.... not in any particular order.

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:33 PM

Amen to the good home

It takes only a tiny little searching to see that the Dam was sold via the "Arabians Ltd Consignment" to her new home. Now, this means nothing to me, as I am in the UK, but looking at the website I found this info on, they have sold A LOT of horses to new owners, who obviously consider themselves very fortunate.
Julia

Kalinin ibn Baletina - 2001 Metallic Chestnut Stallion, Double Balaton
Strain: Hadban Enzahi (TF Elsissa DB 1870)
SCID, CA and LFS Clear.. Testing Centre VHL Holland

Sire: Kais
Pakistan (Kumir/Panagia) x Proba (Balaton/Palmira)
Dam: Baletina bint Inez
Balaton (Menes/Panagia) x Indirah bint Inez (Kauri/Shams el Inez)

Al Zomorood Arabian Stud

Allbreed Pedigree - Kalinin ibn Baletina

#14 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

Amen to the good home

It takes only a tiny little searching to see that the Dam was sold via the "Arabians Ltd Consignment" to her new home. Now, this means nothing to me, as I am in the UK, but looking at the website I found this info on, they have sold A LOT of horses to new owners, who obviously consider themselves very fortunate.

Let me finish your research for you.........This basically means that the mare was sold in what recenty has been coined a ponsi scheme. Before everyone became so politically correct, this was called a scam.

#15 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

Let me finish your research for you.........This basically means that the mare was sold in what recenty has been coined a ponsi scheme. Before everyone became so politically correct, this was called a scam.

You're just pissed 'cause you missed thee seminar... :Wine_glass_2:

#16 sheikh rissan

sheikh rissan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Oncology, Medicine, Arab Horses (obviously!), Driving Cars, Reading, Cooking, Eating, Pilates.... not in any particular order.

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

Ah, right. Have to admit, it did look rather like that.

Thanks for clarifying, and I have "larned" a new word... Ponsi Scheme.... May this be used in polite society? Perhaps not

J
Julia

Kalinin ibn Baletina - 2001 Metallic Chestnut Stallion, Double Balaton
Strain: Hadban Enzahi (TF Elsissa DB 1870)
SCID, CA and LFS Clear.. Testing Centre VHL Holland

Sire: Kais
Pakistan (Kumir/Panagia) x Proba (Balaton/Palmira)
Dam: Baletina bint Inez
Balaton (Menes/Panagia) x Indirah bint Inez (Kauri/Shams el Inez)

Al Zomorood Arabian Stud

Allbreed Pedigree - Kalinin ibn Baletina

#17 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:19 AM

Also known as:

Attached File  shell_game.jpg   40.06KB   1 downloads

and before that:

Attached File  snakeoil.jpg   94.99KB   1 downloads

#18 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:24 AM

You're just pissed 'cause you missed thee seminar... :Wine_glass_2:

It is not so much that I missed Thee seminar but more about me still having to pay Thee tax bill.

#19 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:32 AM

I guess "lifetime" = one year... Ha!

wow wonder were they learned to count! doesn't lifetime mean until death do they part!
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#20 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

I hate to agree with all of the above... wow. I have a couple mill. out in my pasture :D

His dam is 9 this year. She was purchased by a U.S. buyer btw.
I would think that a WORLD top ten would be on a horse's show record through AHA- am I correct?

According to AHA this mare has NO show record. I know datasource cant be counted on 100% but if this mare did so well, one would think at least one of her accomplishments would be listed. AND because I feel like being nit-picky... she sold in 08 not 09.

The dam has had a whopping TWO foals too, so she certainly didn't sell on her production. Her one colt has no show record on datasource (he's just a yearling though). The colt in question doesn't have any show record showing either strangely. Someone got a deal though- they had him listed at $6,000.

Rumonek Arabians

Home To

In Gold We Trust rca
53% Arabian Cremello colt

Breeding quality Arabians and Colored Half-Arabians for all-around performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users