3 replies to this topic

#1 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

I'm trying to add my horses into pedigree manager.

So I do a search for the name of an anscestor in both caps and first cap rest lower case and nothing shows up...so I add that anscestor and move on to it's progeny.

THEN when I do a search for the parent of that progeny (that I just got done adding) two different instances of that parent show up. One in all caps and one with first cap and rest lower case.

If that horse was already in the database I'm not sure why it didn't show up in my search initially.
Also is the search case sensitive? So..if I don't match the exact case that someone entered that horse in, the horse does not come up?

I don't mind adding all of this data in, but it looks like I'm creating duplicates because the initial search is not coming up with the horse that I'm searching for (and I am selecting the gender of the horse when I do the search, and I do it in both CAPS and Initial cap and lower case)

Am I screwing up the database?

When the parent search comes up with duplicates, one entry has a birthdate (which I'm entering for all that have birthdates that are known to me) and one does not.

Can you tell me if the search is case sensitive and regardless to the answer to that, why the horse that appears to be already in the database isn't showing up in my search? (I'm searching from the main pedigree page at first to see if the parents are in there already)

#2 vclink

vclink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

I'm trying to add my horses into pedigree manager.

So I do a search for the name of an anscestor in both caps and first cap rest lower case and nothing shows up...so I add that anscestor and move on to it's progeny.

THEN when I do a search for the parent of that progeny (that I just got done adding) two different instances of that parent show up. One in all caps and one with first cap and rest lower case.

If that horse was already in the database I'm not sure why it didn't show up in my search initially.
Also is the search case sensitive? So..if I don't match the exact case that someone entered that horse in, the horse does not come up?

I don't mind adding all of this data in, but it looks like I'm creating duplicates because the initial search is not coming up with the horse that I'm searching for (and I am selecting the gender of the horse when I do the search, and I do it in both CAPS and Initial cap and lower case)

Am I screwing up the database?

When the parent search comes up with duplicates, one entry has a birthdate (which I'm entering for all that have birthdates that are known to me) and one does not.

Can you tell me if the search is case sensitive and regardless to the answer to that, why the horse that appears to be already in the database isn't showing up in my search? (I'm searching from the main pedigree page at first to see if the parents are in there already)

Kathy, it is not case sensitive but there is a default box checked for search "My horses" meaning only those you entered. You need to uncheck that box then search. You can also search on a partial name like Ansata and it will find all of the horses with Ansata in the name even if it is not at the beginning (i.e. Imperial Ansata). I can delete duplicate entries but I know it is a lot of work to reenter that data only to find out it was already there. I am trying to get the database changed so the default has the box unchecked. If you have anymore questions will be glad to help.

Valerie Clinkenbeard

Bloodstone Farms

#3 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

In the initial search, there is no check box

http://www.egyptianb...html?view=horse

on the adding a horse search I unchecked the boxes (if I hadn't nothing would show up at all)

btw thank you for trying to help me. :)
I'm not sure why the search doesn't show the horse until after I've entered it, then it shows up twice.

#4 LPA

LPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:51 AM

I have a similar question in this subject. Why, after a couple weeks, did my horses which I put in, suddenly disappear from my manager box thing? They still appear in the database, but I cannot access them now to add a photo to one. My manager box only has my last entered horse in it and that's it. Actually, that one may have disappeared now too! Better check.
Lisa
Lavender Park.

Lisa Whitehead
Lavender Park Arabians
lavenderparkarabians@hotmail.com

Home of the Straight Egyptians,
Dunwingeri El Shaareef (Imperial Maakir x Dunwingeri Samiha) (senior sire)

Soterion LP (Dunwingeri El Shaareef x Jazz Rah Amira) (junior sire)
Jazz-Rah Amira (Simeon Stav x Dunwingeri Samiha)

Zahrah Al Sahrae (Jadid El Halimaar MH x Loubna)

Malleegrove Indiia-Dawn (Taywoonah Qariim x Kyang Dark Angel)
Sweet Meadows Sanaya (Simeon Sandek x Nurelee Zabaya) - on lease

Jazz Rah Sanayd (Fayrid (US) x Sweet Meadows Sanaya) - on lease

and the Egyptian Related sensations,

Amir El Shaareef (Dunwingeri El Shaareef x Dunwingeri Maarisa) (junior sire)
Dunwingeri Maarisa (dec) (Imperial Maakir x Dunwingeri Anisa)

Lavender Park Eternal (Dunwingeri EL Shaareef x Dunwingeri Maarisa)
Lavender Park Stardust (Dunwingeri El Shaareef x Jayhal Mystique)
and the irreplaceable little Crabbet mare,
Pegasus Czardinki (Diinh-Moe Sayyid x Czarina)

Queensland,
AUSTRALIA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users