#5 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Wow! Thanks Heidi.

I'm going to start off by saying what horses I plan to show this year. What training they've had in the past and what I'm planning to do with them. What my goals are for this season, and so on.

Aimbri El Matrabb - 2003 bay stallion. I trained him in halter as a yearling, and he was shown at the Class A level in 2004 and 2005, by me, in both AOTH and Open. I plan to brush up with his halter training myself. Hopefully attend a couple of clinics with him, and show him at the Class A level in halter. I have started with his performance groundwork training, and hope to do more with him with a view to having him started under saddle this year.

Aimbri Amira Alia - 2006 Chestnut filly. I trained her in halter as a 2 yr old, and she was shown at the Class A level, and at the Western Canada Breeders in 2008. I plan to brush up her halter training, and start her performance groundwork training.

Aimbri Ansarah - 1996 Bay mare. This mare was professionally trained under saddle in previous years, and her training continued last season. She was shown to the Class A level in WP, by me, in 2005, and 2007. I hope to brush up her performance training, and show her under saddle at the Class A level this season.

Aimbri Ibn El Matrabb - 2000 Chestnut Gelding. This gelding was trained in halter and shown by my daughter and/or I in halter in 2001 and 2004 at the Class A level. He was professionally started under saddle in 2008/2009 and I hope to send him for some further training, and then show him in Sport Horse in Hand, and Sport Horse Under Saddle, and/or in Hunter Pleasure this coming season at the Class A level.

Aimbri Zaafinah - 2004 Chestnut Mare. I trained this mare in halter as a yearling, but she was unshown, as the show was cancelled. She was professionally started under saddle this past year. I plan to send her out for more professional training, and show her in WP at the Class A level.

And if this isn't enough . . . I also plan to start Aimbri Fawzia with halter training, and also start her performance groundwork training this season!

Any tips and encouragement that any of you may offer would be much appreciated.

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Tammens Nadira (Tammen x ADH Nadafe by Shukri) 1995 Bay  
Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
MB Faheena (Safeen x AK Bint Fatiha by Moniet El Sharaf) 1997 Ches. 
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 
Aimbri Zaafinah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2004 Ches/Flaxen 
Aimbri Amurra (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2005 Ches. SOLD!
Aimbri Fawzia (Moon Sheine x Tammens Nadira) 2005 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Zakirah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2006 Bay SOLD!
Aimbri Amira Alia (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2006 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Bint Bint Matrabb (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb) 2011 Ches.

2 SE/AK Sweepstakes Nominated Chestnut Geldings by El Matrabb  SOLD! $
Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#6 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

I'm committing myself to loosing weight so I can get back to training and showing my own horses.I have broke horses I've never been on and some that have been saddled but that I won't send out to be finished so I'll have to do it. It might take a couple of knees being replaced but I really am tired of just taking care of my horses, I was reminded this week of what a die hard rider I used to be.

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#7 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

Heidi,

I rode a LOT when I was young, and then kind of handed over the torch to my girls. I still showed a BIT under saddle (at open shows) and in halter and showmanship. But . . . the girls were the better riders, and so I pretty much was "show mom". You know, paying the bills, cleaning the stalls, and so on.

Then the girls moved on, and I was alone. I showed a bit at halter in 2004. Started showing under saddle again in 2005, and then was hurt last year, ill this past year, and starting ALL OVER AGAIN now!

I've started out with huge goals for the 5 or 6 horses, but . . . to be honest . . . if I actually show one or two horses this season . . . I'll be proud of myself! LOL It gets tougher when we're older, and when we've been out of it for a while!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 

Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#8 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

Thank you Soo much Heidi!! I am really excited about the possibilities with the new board.

Wow Jeannette you really have your hands full this year! Please post pictures of their progress and everything :1233_hand_clapping:

I guess I will introduce my training goals for the year,

I have saddled my 2005 mare, Ma'at so far, but plan on introducing her, again, to the bridle this week and would like to ride her a bit in the corral. I have no earthly idea what I want to train her for. Eventually I would like to ride her without a halter or a bridle.

Today I bridled a horse I never thought I would be able to, my coming 3 y/o Ruby. This is a horse that sent a 240lb man flying through the air the day I bought her as a yearling and who couldn't be approached from 50 feet away without trying to run for several months. I bridled her on a whim, while she was haltered cause I simply didn't trust her and I am so happy I did so! She was Perfect. She is exceeding my expectations tremendously and I hope to have her started under saddle after she turns 3.
1227091259.jpg

& Finally, in this coming year I hope to finish my new mare, Mouse, under saddle. She will be bred so I will be very careful and slow with her.

#9 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

Hi Janessa,

I assume that bit is just being used for "practice", to see if she would accept it? It's far too severe to be used as a training bit. My opinion.

#10 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

Hi Janessa,

I assume that bit is just being used for "practice", to see if she would accept it? It's far too severe to be used as a training bit. My opinion.

Ray,

You gonna do any training on those pony's you have? If you need help let me know, I know of a few those professions that others have vouched for that have a real gift and are real gentle./

#11 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:34 AM

Yes, just to see if she would accept the bit. I got the thing when I was 14 cause it was cheap. It is flat so I thought it would be the easiest.

What types of bits do you train with Ray?

#12 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

Janessa,

I start all of mine in a mullen mouth. This is when they're in lines. I like a mullen mouth because there is very little severity to it and at this stage, I'm not asking anything technical of them. They can't really crack themselves on it and it doesn't send a lot of info to a virgin mouth. Once they're ready to progress from being in lines, I go to a copper snaffle or french link snaffle.

For "most" horses and "most" disciplines that is all you will ever need. Anything above a snaffle and both the rider and the horse should have more training.

I know you didn't ask me....but experience is experience.

Thank you for the info. This is why I really wanted this forum! :1233_hand_clapping:

I do have a copper snaffle. So basically the longer the shanks, or shanks period, mean more severity.

#13 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:14 AM

I start mine in a D-ring snaffle. Once they're going well with that, I will sometimes progress to a Tom Thumb, then there's another transitional bit - can't remember the name of it right now - and then on to a curb for the Western horses. Unfortunately, the showring rules say that once the horse is over 5 years of age, a WP horse MUST be shown in a curb bit. Some of my horses are over 5 when I start them, so . . . no showing until they have a curb.

It's OK to show a hunter horse in a snaffle all the time, but the more advanced English horses (Show Hack, CEP, EP, Costume) of age should be shown in a double bridle.

I bought a bosal but have NEVER used it. Anyone experienced with a bosal??

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#14 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:17 AM

Thank you for the info. This is why I really wanted this forum! :1233_hand_clapping:

I do have a copper snaffle. So basically the longer the shanks, or shanks period, mean more severity.

A bit with shanks (like the one in your photo) is a curb bit. A horse should NEVER be started in a curb, IMO!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#15 Cheryl L

Cheryl L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Arabians
    Gardening
    Poodles
    and a touch of photography

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:19 AM

Well, the longer shanks are severe, when you put a chin chain on them.
I prefer a thinner snaffle (not bridoon thin), when first bitting a horse. I really like the french snaffles. There is not a lot of room in a horses mouth when it is closed and when you put a fat snaffle in there, it can really put pressure on the bars. I then put a halter over the bridle and lunge the horse using the halter only.

#16 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

I'm committing myself to loosing weight so I can get back to training and showing my own horses.I have broke horses I've never been on and some that have been saddled but that I won't send out to be finished so I'll have to do it. It might take a couple of knees being replaced but I really am tired of just taking care of my horses, I was reminded this week of what a die hard rider I used to be.

I think I may jump on your band wagon! LOL!
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#17 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:21 AM

http://www.animalforum.com/hbit.htm

#18 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:23 AM

http://www.horsemans...ue-2-part2.html

#19 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

Thank you Soo much Heidi!! I am really excited about the possibilities with the new board.

Wow Jeannette you really have your hands full this year! Please post pictures of their progress and everything :1233_hand_clapping:

I guess I will introduce my training goals for the year,

I have saddled my 2005 mare, Ma'at so far, but plan on introducing her, again, to the bridle this week and would like to ride her a bit in the corral. I have no earthly idea what I want to train her for. Eventually I would like to ride her without a halter or a bridle.

Today I bridled a horse I never thought I would be able to, my coming 3 y/o Ruby. This is a horse that sent a 240lb man flying through the air the day I bought her as a yearling and who couldn't be approached from 50 feet away without trying to run for several months. I bridled her on a whim, while she was haltered cause I simply didn't trust her and I am so happy I did so! She was Perfect. She is exceeding my expectations tremendously and I hope to have her started under saddle after she turns 3.
1227091259.jpg

& Finally, in this coming year I hope to finish my new mare, Mouse, under saddle. She will be bred so I will be very careful and slow with her.

may want to look for a d ring or eggbutt snaffle. I use them in a training bit size. The bit will be thicker and if you can find one with a French link you won't get that nut cracker effect in the horses mouth
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#20 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

Amanda,

What is a "Mullen Mouth" bit?

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users