123 replies to this topic

#81 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

Sorry to hear that you haven't had much opportunity to ride . . . . it rarely gets too hot here for riding, but . . . of course . . . most of the winter here . . . it's too cold, so . . . we all have our own special kind of hell at times.

I DID go to the clinic both Sat and Sun. Sat I rode one mare, and today . . . I took 2. Rode my older mare in the clinic, and then used the opportunity with people around to mount my younger mare, after her not being ridden for well over a year. I just rode her around a bit at a walk, and she was VERY good . . . next time (in 2 wks) I hope to ride them both in a class at the clinic!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Tammens Nadira (Tammen x ADH Nadafe by Shukri) 1995 Bay  
Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
MB Faheena (Safeen x AK Bint Fatiha by Moniet El Sharaf) 1997 Ches. 
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 
Aimbri Zaafinah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2004 Ches/Flaxen 
Aimbri Amurra (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2005 Ches. SOLD!
Aimbri Fawzia (Moon Sheine x Tammens Nadira) 2005 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Zakirah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2006 Bay SOLD!
Aimbri Amira Alia (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2006 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Bint Bint Matrabb (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb) 2011 Ches.

2 SE/AK Sweepstakes Nominated Chestnut Geldings by El Matrabb  SOLD! $
Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#82 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

I attended the clinic yesterday, but only took my young mare. She did a nice job at the walk/jog . . . .

So . . . have the rest of you had some opportunity to ride?

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 

Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#83 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

I decided to show my mare, Aimbri Ansarah, at the Fall Classic Combination, Class A show in September . . . We showed in 6 classes each show (2 - 1 day shows). This was a combination show, so some were Class A Arabian Classes . . . and some were all breed.

We came away with 3 firsts, 2 seconds, 3 thirds, a fourth and 2 fifths. The firsts and a 2nd were in Adult Showmanship, which, unfortunately is NOT a qualifying class . . . as I was told it was going to be. But . . . the official points are now up on the AHA site, and although Ansarah and I weren't stellar in the performance classes, competing against Regional champions and National Top Ten horses, we did well enough for her to have enough points to qualify to the Regional level in 2 categories, and to the National level in one.

Pretty exciting for someone who thought she was never going to be able to ride again . . . .

More plans for this coming year . . . hope to show more than one . . . hopefully two at each show. A foal due in April and more planned . . . . I'm getting my life back.

So . . . what have the rest of you been doing with your horses, and . . . what are your plans for the coming year?
  • diane and VanAlma like this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#84 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

:laughing1: Glad to hear you had a productive show! That always feels good.
As for this year, I feel will be much of the same for me with some added shows (as long as my notorious luck doesn't get in the way). Bubba and I are still working on ring work. He's still not real consistent and, frankly, I'm not either, but every ride we work on specific things with good results.
I've also been working with Nicole here and there. She's coming along but she really has enough work in the ring that it's time to get her out on the trail and expose her to all those monsters. She's very level-headed and I'm not too worried about that <knocking on wood>. Mares are better than geldings for that, IMO.
ACTHA rides are pretty cool and there's one already scheduled in April. Those are really fun and with doing obstacles it makes you and your horse work differently, so is good mental stimulation.
I'd also like to get some work done on Salma before she gets bred again even if just very basic W/T/C and some trails. We're currently working on the lunge here and there but she's still a bit distracted by her child who runs around like a goon while mom is in the ring at work.
As for the kid, she'll continue to be pampered and spoiled with an occational lesson here and there. Still needs to be clipped, has only been sprayed once, but is good with haltering and feet. Oh, she needs to be tied up to something as well. My horses need to learn how to stand tie to anything. I am often the only person handling them or shipping them etc and it doesn't work to have horses I can't tie up to something solid and walk away.
Lastly, I have some group therapy in the works. I've talked to a substance abuse program for kids 13-18 and they do lots of outdoor stuff. They might want to come out every month and do some work with the horses.
Other than that, I won't be doing too much more than my typical schooling, casual trail rides, lessons and small events. I'd love to do an AERC or NATRC ride but we'll see if we're conditioned enough for that. I need more time than I have to get conditioned for those kinds of rides but they aren't out of the picture yet.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#85 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

This board has been dead for a while. Any updates???

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#86 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hi Kate . . . .

Here are my plans for 2012 . . . .

Aimbri Ibn El Matrabb (Little Mini) is booked for training with a dressage trainer. Was supposed to haul him over TODAY, but there is a snowstorm warning, and it's a 3 hr drive, so thought it best to wait for a better day. I have registered in a dressage clinic in April, so hope the trainer can get him going well enough for me to ride him there . . . he has been previously started, however has never done dressage. And nor have I! Something new for BOTH of us . . . yippeee! I love learning new things.

I plan to ride and show both Aimbri Ansarah and her daughter, Merit (Aimbri Zaafinah) in WP this summer. I have decided to join the Victoria Plains riding club again this year. They have clinics every 2nd weekend from the beginning of June to early Sept. I want to attend some smaller shows, as well as the Class A shows and, if things are going well, use my qualifications at the Regionals!

I also have some breeding plans, as two of my Moon Sheine daughters are being bred with the EBC breedings that I purchased at the event.

I have one mare due to foal in mid April, and she's looking rather rotund. She's in foal to Moon Sheine (aged 25), and is currently with him in his paddock, along with the weanling filly . . . . . sounds like an odd group, but they are doing really well together.

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#87 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Please post pics and progress. It's nice to hear from people who don't study paper all day ;)

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#88 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Mini made it over to the Dressage trainer yesterday . . . . she messaged me this morning to say that he had settled in well . . . looking forward to going for a lesson in 2 wks . . .

The western mares are still in the pasture, and will remain there until the weather improves . . .
  • VanAlma likes this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#89 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Went out to see my gelding at the dressage trainer's arena. She seemed to LOVE him . . . and said "THAT is what an Arabian is supposed to be like!"

After she finished showing me what the boy had learned . . . I hopped (dragged myself) on, and took him for a test drive. He's such a good guy. I just love him!
  • VanAlma likes this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#90 crooked creek

crooked creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

Glad to hear you are getting some riding time in, Jeannette! We are having some great weather so both stallions, the gelding and 3 mares are getting ridden. So fun.

Jan
Jan Alexander
Crooked Creek Arabians
Jacksonville, Arkansas

#91 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

That's wonderful, Jan . . . glad to hear that! So proud of you for all you put into your horses!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#92 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Love that you are trying dressage. I took lessons in 1978 when we did not have an Arabian, and that knowledge has forever changed the way I think about horses and how I study them (anatomy and movement). So when we got Macho REA in 1981 (Ansata Ibn Sudan X 3 lines to Fadjur), that was the direction of our training----the least in aids and gadgets and shortcuts (zero) we could use to train him and keep him sound. Used those methods and philosophy with each of the other horses I have had since then. Long neck, long reach at the walk, reaching into the bridle, correct gaits and bending or straightening. Lots of riding in the desert/ mountains for muscling up and conditioning and mental freedom for horse and rider...Good for you and your horse..... :cool: .
  • sheikh rissan likes this

#93 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Thanks Merilee. I'm heading out to see him again on Sunday. It's a 2 hr drive each way, so I can only go once every 2 wks. Looking forward to seeing how much he's learned since my last visit!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#94 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Went out again on Sunday, but the frost is coming out of the ground, and the footing in the arena was very deep and boggy . . . . I could only ride him at a walk, but worked on some leg yielding, walking in a straight line with the proper cadence, or as good as we could too with the footing . . . . it's always a work in progress trying to get a horse ready when the weather conditions always seem to ge against you!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#95 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Despite losing the barns, and having to pull a foal on Friday evening, I decided to catch at least SOME of the riding clinic this weekend. I was supposed to ride once on Friday, twice Saturday and twice Sunday. I made it over for the Sunday rides. I was VERY impressed with Mini (miss-named as he has grown to almost 16hh) He did really well in the walk-trot Dressage classes! I was so happy with him!
  • VanAlma likes this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#96 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Glad to hear you've still got your spirit and are still getting out there despite everything that happened recently. Congrats on a successful outing :)

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#97 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Took Ansarah to the Class A Arabian Show this weekend. She got 1 first, 2 seconds, 1 third, 1 fourth. I decided Mini was NOT ready for the Dressage Show, but am heading over there today to watch and learn.

And . . . I'm planning to take Ansarah and Merit to the Riding Clinic next weekend. Then there is another clinic, and another couple of small shows, another Class A show, and maybe even a couple of SMALL Dressage Shows . . . .

I have a season of riding, learning and showing ahead . . . and am very excited to learn more and improve my skills.

I sincerely hope that others are riding, training and learning with their horses. It's such a joy!
  • diane and VanAlma like this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#98 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Congrats on the wins!! Would love to learn dressage...

Been messing around with mine whenever possible, so not often lol...

#99 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Another successful season of riding is done.

Took Ansarah to the Class A Fall Shows this past weekend. 2 days, 2 shows, 10 classes. 4 firsts, 2 seconds, 1 fourth and 3 fifths. Went to several riding clinics through the local riding club with all 3 of my riding horses, Ansarah in Advanced, Mini in green horse, and Merit in Walk/Trot. The girls FAR out performed the boy, who had an off day . . . I mean that "I" was tossed off . . . . and therefore he is going to go BACK to the trainer for the winter . . . and another shot at dressage next season.

I will give Ansarah a much deserved break over the winter, and start again in the spring. Her daughter Merit will get some attention over the winter, and another young mare will be sent out to be started. We'll see how it goes. I will keep you all updated.

How did everyone else do with their riding and/or showing plans???
  • VanAlma likes this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#100 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

So glad to hear you had a successful show!
I only went to the Texarkana show this spring. There is an Arab show this weekend outside of Little Rock but highly doubt I'll make that. There is another Class A show the first weekend in October in MO, which I might attend. I figure I have a health certificate that will still be good to cross state lines. We'll see.
I did lots of riding this summer on Bubba, but also worked Nicole and Sultry a bit on the trails. Nicole is learning how to neck rein and she has been the pony horse for Yumi, who is almost broke now. Salma got backed a few times, got upset with my husband and scooted quickly and Doug baled, but did allow me back on bareback. I'm leaving her be because she is pregnant. She's gotten lunged here and there with a saddle but nothing stressful.
I don't have lots of stories or ribbons, but I do have lots of time in the saddle logged. If I go to the show in MO I'll report back :) There is also an Arab fun show in October in NW Arkansas that I might attend. It's all up in the air until I make the final decision to go - which is usually last minute for me!
Anyone else?

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users