• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

dear all

thank you for welcoming me. I was referred to here by kimberly nelson.
i broke my right hand wrist in three place, so am typing with 2 fingers of my left hand, in small letters.

i have been a loyal supporter of the straight egyptian forum for the past ten years and issued close to tenthousand post, mostly educational, but also objective.
I have resigned from that forum today due to the unacceptable behavior of the new forum owners/monitors.

I noticed that many of our renowned breeders and owners are posting here. if any of you have any question about pedigrees, etc or if i have knowledge of horses in your pedigree of time ago, please ask, i be delighted to answer to the best of my ability.

those who do not know me, i bred straight egyptian since 1967, am one of the old timers left who know most of the import from 1958 on forward, had 54 in my own canadian quarantine for 60-70 days, and worked with each one. I am also a founding member of the pyramid society, but no longer a member.

i dedicated the better part of my life for the preservation of the straight egyptian horse and helping anyone who needs information etc.

best regards to all
hansi-heck melnyk
serenity arabian farms, florida, usa
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#2 marketing

marketing

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

Welcome, I fixed your signature so it will always show up.
SAHARA CYPRYSS 1995 Chestnut mare
BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse
<!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo-->
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro-->Heidi<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->
Triple H farm

#3 SE Legacy

SE Legacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:SE Legacy Boodstock breeds, shows and promotes Straight Egyptian Arabian horses with a an emphasis on perpectuating the bloodlines of Imperial Egyptian Stud. We stand the 2012 EE Unanimous Class Champion, Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) and always welcome visitors.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

Welcome, I fixed your signature so it will always show up.

Welcome Hansi. I think the exodus from the other forum has been going on for a long time. Some due to the heated discussions and some for the site issues.

I personally would like to see the same good knowledge exchange that was on that forum. And I would love to not even mention that forum here because it is further promoting them in a off handed way.

I think we all know what is up and don't need to make it a topic for discussion here (I hope). This site is about the horses!

SE Legacy Bloodstock

Straight Egyptian Stallions at Stud:

Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) - 2009, SE, AK Grey Stallion
Ibn Glorieta Gazaal (Alfano Mystall (Imperial Imdal) x Glorieta Gabriela) 2009 SE, AK Grey Stallion

Straight Egyptian Bloodstock Sales:

Please visit our web site www.selegacy.com for an updated sales list.

#4 Suellen Taylor

Suellen Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Dolls, Royal Doultons and Antique Costume Jewelry

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hi Hansi..and welcome...I read here a lot..don't post too often..but I can certainly understand your being here!
:)

TOP Of The Hill Arabians

Marshallville GA

Phone: 478-472-6141

Email: tophillarabs@windstream.net

The Gals:

Elegant Dahncer     Mahrdan x Kohlan 1995    Will stay with us for life!

Imdala El Jamaal         Dakharo x Imiella   2005    Bred to Marbeau Le Reve' (My last hurrah????)

The Guys:

Khalid Omar Khayal    GR Shadow x Khalia Spring 2005 (AKA Spunky Bruiser)  With us for life!

#5 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Classical music, Arabians ... SEs in particular ... sporting type, Saluki Hounds, Cockatoos.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

:) So glad to have you here Hansi ! Looking forward to your posts, as always.

Take care of that hand.

I got to meet Kimberly Nelson a couple weeks ago when she was here .... had a marvelous dinner out (Kimberly, her friend, Diane Acox, and me) ... we all had been involved with our Arabs for 30+ years, told stories, and laughed until we cried.

Chrissi and I still have such great memories of our visit with you a few years ago.

Sharon
Sharon Jackson
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#6 ZandaiJasoor

ZandaiJasoor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

Welcome to the forum Hansi :)
Donna Sabatine
Century Oak Arabians
Deatsville, AL

Proud Guardian to Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima)
2003 SE Stallion, silver dapple grey, pure in strain Dahman Shahwan

FreezeMark.net
Kryo Kinetics USA Region 6 Technician
"The Alpha Angle System of Horse Identification"

*Ask me about permanently tying your Straight Egyptian to their pedigree and identification information. Let's cut down the number of Arabians lost from their papers through no fault of their own! *

#7 ShannonC

ShannonC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:A right I'll tell. I am a single mom of a 28 old daughter Shanda with cerebral palsy who is my blessing from God and keeps me sain. We love our Arabians we work, play and breath Arabians. When we not with our horses we like to travel around and see new things and meet new people. Oh and we love to go to concerts of all types of music!!!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

Hi Hansi..and welcome...I read here a lot..don't post too often..but I can ceertainly understand your being here!
:)

Hey Suellen,
Didn't know you were here, glad to see you here. :) How is Inasa Capuchin doing you know I have been wanting to steal her away from you anytime!!!!!
Shannon

#8 Christy Hazel

Christy Hazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

Welcome Hansi. Glad you are here to share your knowledge.
LEZAH Arabians
EGYPTIAN ARABIANS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT
David and Christy Hazel

North Alabama

AND
Equine Photography by Christy
Visit My NEW Website christyhazel.com
New Lowered fees for ALL to afford nice photos

#9 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:22 AM

Welcome to the forum Hansi! I'm very happy someone who has been involved in SE's for many years is here on this forum.. Can't wait to learn some of what you have experienced working with SE's. :)

#10 Juniper

Juniper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hi Hansi

It's me, TousCrins. Glad to see you here!

Christine

#11 Suellen Taylor

Suellen Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Dolls, Royal Doultons and Antique Costume Jewelry

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

Hi Shannon...and yes, I have been here for a while..just read mostly.

Inasa Capuchin is doing very well...there are new photos of and a video on the TOTH website..OMG..can I say that...yikes! I just never know what can be said or not anymore...LOL

I guess I have been terribly naive' about a lot of things..and I suppose I have been looking away from a lot of the controversy..but some things are waaay out of hand these days.

Good to see so many friends are here.

All the best!

TOP Of The Hill Arabians

Marshallville GA

Phone: 478-472-6141

Email: tophillarabs@windstream.net

The Gals:

Elegant Dahncer     Mahrdan x Kohlan 1995    Will stay with us for life!

Imdala El Jamaal         Dakharo x Imiella   2005    Bred to Marbeau Le Reve' (My last hurrah????)

The Guys:

Khalid Omar Khayal    GR Shadow x Khalia Spring 2005 (AKA Spunky Bruiser)  With us for life!

#12 Brenji

Brenji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Glad you are here Hansi & Suellen!!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these beautiful horses. This is gonna be a GREAT PLACE TO BE :)
Bren

#13 Willowbreeze

Willowbreeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

Welcome Hansi,

Its great to have you here and look forward to having your experience shared with us.

Also welcome Suelllen, didn't realize you were here either. Good to see so many finding their way over here.

sandy johnson
Sandy
Willow Breeze Arabians
Visit My Website

#14 sheikh rissan

sheikh rissan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Oncology, Medicine, Arab Horses (obviously!), Driving Cars, Reading, Cooking, Eating, Pilates.... not in any particular order.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

dear all

thank you for welcoming me. I was referred to here by kimberly nelson.
i broke my right hand wrist in three place, so am typing with 2 fingers of my left hand, in small letters.

i have been a loyal supporter of the straight egyptian forum for the past ten years and issued close to tenthousand post, mostly educational, but also objective.
I have resigned from that forum today due to the unacceptable behavior of the new forum owners/monitors.

I noticed that many of our renowned breeders and owners are posting here. if any of you have any question about pedigrees, etc or if i have knowledge of horses in your pedigree of time ago, please ask, i be delighted to answer to the best of my ability.

those who do not know me, i bred straight egyptian since 1967, am one of the old timers left who know most of the import from 1958 on forward, had 54 in my own canadian quarantine for 60-70 days, and worked with each one. I am also a founding member of the pyramid society, but no longer a member.

i dedicated the better part of my life for the preservation of the straight egyptian horse and helping anyone who needs information etc.

best regards to all
hansi-heck melnyk
serenity arabian farms, florida, usa

Hi Hansi, it's Julia ... welcome. I have just joined here too. Must stick my Avatar on next!
Looking forward to a lot of informative discussions...
Julia

Kalinin ibn Baletina - 2001 Metallic Chestnut Stallion, Double Balaton
Strain: Hadban Enzahi (TF Elsissa DB 1870)
SCID, CA and LFS Clear.. Testing Centre VHL Holland

Sire: Kais
Pakistan (Kumir/Panagia) x Proba (Balaton/Palmira)
Dam: Baletina bint Inez
Balaton (Menes/Panagia) x Indirah bint Inez (Kauri/Shams el Inez)

Al Zomorood Arabian Stud

Allbreed Pedigree - Kalinin ibn Baletina

#15 Sweetness

Sweetness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

Welcome, I am very pleased to see you here Hansi. You gained my respect from the first I started reading your posts, and I look forward to continue doing so here!

Teresa den Hoed
Proudly owned by 2004 grey SE/AK mare KARIMA LAHEEB (Lazaan Al Badeia x WSA Kara Mia)
and 2 other non-Egyptian Arabians:

1985 liver chestnut mare MICHAEL SHAWNEYGAY (Nazaar [Hifashion Imperal] x JC Shawney Gay)
2004 black gelding ASA TSUNAMI TSURPRISE (Dokkalfar x ASA Turks Twist)

#16 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:52 AM

Hansi, I feel your pain! really, broke my wrist in Dec. Think you got problems, I was a two finger pecker to begin with.........man that just doesn't sound right! Anyway still recovering! Hope you get well soon. Salutations !
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#17 Seglavi

Seglavi

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, preservation, trail riding. History, Family, Travel

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

Oh Hansi,
So glad you have gotten on this forum, you and your experience are just too valuable to lose! Hope that wrist will continue to heal and stop giving you so much grief. Jill is on here now too, check out her first mare she has posted for an Avatar. That was an Al Khamsa (not SE) daughter of RG Joshua (Alcibiades X Faaraa) and quite the bold mover.
Pam
Pam Studebaker
Saqlawiyat Arabians
Trotwood, Ohio, USA

#18 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

Oh Hansi,
So glad you have gotten on this forum, you and your experience are just too valuable to lose! Hope that wrist will continue to heal and stop giving you so much grief. Jill is on here now too, check out her first mare she has posted for an Avatar. That was an Al Khamsa (not SE) daughter of RG Joshua (Alcibiades X Faaraa) and quite the bold mover.
Pam

thanks pam, well it heals slowly and cant hold any weight as yet. it will take some time.

so gad you are on here too. read my last topic. met very few businesses run as a kindergarden.
yes, i will look at jill's mare. thanks for letting me know.

take care
hansi :1233_hand_clapping:
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#19 crfarm

crfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

HI Hansi
welcome to the forum and glad to see you here. A real shame what is happening over on the other board. I look forward to reading all your educational posts as always! :WELCOME56:
Stephanie & James Lynn JR

Chestnut Ridge Farm
MCF Nicole (Ruminaja Bahjat x SF Bint Sonbolha) CH SABINO
The Markaysa (The Minstril x Maali RCA) BL RABICANO
The Rose Ali (The Minstril x AK Gabbari) CH RABICANO
The Marionette(The Minstril x Ansata Diana) B
CRF Maariia Nefretari (KF Maar Amir x MCF Nicole) pending GR Sabino
KF Maar Amir (*Farazdac x MFA Maariia Isis) GR, Maar-Ree grandson. pending sale
Ezekiel QPF (Thee Desperado x Bint Bahila) B, Champion, At Stud
ES Defining Moments (Al Azhar WDA x MCF Nicole)CH, flaxen mane/tail

#20 Demelza

Demelza