#41 Nancy Bourque

Nancy Bourque

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Riding and breeding Egyptian and Egyptian Related horses

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

A horse that I am very interested in and have followed for the past few years is MB Mistaz. From what I understand there have been a lot of downhill times in this stallions life and so I think it's great that he's now being appreciated and used. I've enjoyed the pictures of his beautiful get. I think he must be a wonderful horse and I hope that I get a chance to see him in person one of these days.
Nancy Bourque

Ibriz Arabians
Cornhill, New Brunswick, Canada
nmbourque@gmail.com

Ansata el Ibriz 1988 gr.s (Ansata Halim Shah x Ansata Rebecca) deceased
Imperial Dakilah 1990 gr. m (Ibn Safinaz x Imperial Mistilll) deceased
Nasula 1990 b.m (Rofann x Naufara)
Raja el Ibriz 2003 gr. s (Ansata el Ibriz x Ansata Omniya)
Ben-Adhem Omar 1995 gr. g (Ansata el Ibriz x SD Athena)
Dahr el Ibriz 2002 gr, g (Ansata el Ibriz x Dalise x Dalul)
Haalim el Ibriz 2009 gr. s (Ansata el Ibriz x Nasula)
Ibriz ben Adhem 2010 gr. s (Ansata el Ibriz x BKL Daari)

#42 Tricia

Tricia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses top the list along with my dogs and activities geared to them. I love making halters and presentation sets - started out by making one for a foal and after a lot of encouragement from people who saw the set started making them - now it is a passion! I also enjoy swimming, reading, traveling and good conversation with friends and strangers alike!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Okay Angella, I'm really going to put your thread to the test to see if it will withstand your challenge. On May 15th I took some photos of one of the biggest legends of our time. I was reluctant to share any of these because I did not want to expose this elderly gentlemen to the rabid criticism I have seen in the past.

The color in the photo is actual. His red bay coloring now is almost black. He is smaller than I expected, but legends seem to enhance reality. He has severe arthritis and is very hard to keep weight on. However, he is still all stallion. He is the first one by about 30 seconds to know if a mare is within 50 feet of the stallion barn and announces his presence to her. He will graciously accept any carrot that is offered.

He still has a presence that commands respect and caretakers treat him with the dignity that he should be accorded. Shawn Crews made a very dignified presentation of the Minstril for his newest caretakers, Paradise Arabians.

Oh, Valerie - what a super picture! I guess my batteries were low and it took awhile to get a picture - I got two that I like, though - I got all choked up, teary eyed, and emotional when I saw him!! I kept running back and forth from my stand to the arena, watching for him to be presented - good thing I didn't see any customers when he was being shown, because I would have ignored them!! :1233_hand_clapping:

I can't thank you enough for taking me up to the barn later to see him in his stall - and for showing me your own horses!! You have some beauties!! Watching your foal made me really want to breed just one more time!! :)

Tricia

Arabian Whimzy on my facebook page - http://www.facebook....89&l=a3600d83fd

#43 Scupu

Scupu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Horses. Most other animals. Family. cooking. Eating. Reading. Farmville on facebook. Having more money......

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

I wanted to say a word of appreciation to Heidi and Dean for the existance of this forum. I'm not a big poster but I log on and read almost every day.

I also want to say a big thank you to Hansi. I know she frequently shakes the tree--But oh the fruit that falls! I've learned soooooo very much from these discussions!

So thank you Hansi!

Lisa

#44 Paradise Egyptian Stud

Paradise Egyptian Stud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Straight Egyptian Arabian Horses, Genealogy, Photography, Gardening

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

Oh thank you so much, Angie for saying such nice things about us. We treasure the friendship we have with you and Rusty. We adore your kids, Troy and Gracie. They are always so well behaved and just the cutest kids. For people who don't know them, Rusty and Angie are soooo nice. They were such a great help to us last year getting the horses ready to show. Great personalities, very kind, always willing to help. Turbo is such a beauty, too. He is very well mannered, and seems to take everything in stride. Very intelligent and sensible.

Other people that we have a lot of respect for are Connie and Terry Arnett. I look forward to spending time with them every year at the Event. Wish we lived closer so we could spend more time with them. They are both so gracious and kind. Southern Charm describes them perfectly. They have some fantastic horses. Rock is just stunning and one of my favorites! They take such superb care of their horses also.

Rick and Susan Grizzell- just wonderful people. The first time I met them I felt I had known them forever. They have some really nice horses. Hard workers, and always willing to help others. We sure do wish we lived closer to them also because we enjoy our time spent together with them.

Pat and Dick Platzek , El Masr Arabians. We had talked to Pat and Dick for years over the phone before we had ever met them. We recognized their voices one year at the Event and walked up to them to introduce ouselves. They are such fantastic breeders, know their bloodlines and how to use them. EAI Silvereen is siring exquisite foals and it will be a real treat to see him and one of his sons, Madheen El Masr at the Event this year. Madheen is a fabulous stallion. They'll be right behind us in Barn 4 at the Event! So glad about that. Can't wait to see them and Madheen!

Steve and Cyglenda Miller
Paradise Egyptian Stud
Breeders of National and International Champion Straight Egyptian Horses. 30 years in the business Go to Paradise Egyptian Stud

Email me

#45 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

I just hauled one of my mares to go visit with Madeen yesterday :)

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#46 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Small breeders of Straight Egyptian/Al Khamsa Arabians. Standing the El Halimaar son Latif El Halimaar and his son EA Asaalah. Breeding program centers around El Halimaar and Prince Ibn Shaikh lines combined with Ramses Fayek lines. Occasional horses offered for sale.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I would totally remiss in not mentioning Suellen Taylor of Top of the Hill Arabians. Where do I begin? Suellen is first and foremost an AMAZING breeder. I can't just mention one of her horses, because she has SO many amazing Arabians she has bred over the years (I can look out my window and see one right now that I could mention, but that would be breaking my own rules).

She's also a survivor. The past year has been incredibly difficult for her, and yet she remains steadfast in her resolve to make it through this rough patch and continue on. Along the way, she has remained a good friend always open to giving advice and helping others...she's never so caught up in her own problems that she can't lend a hand, or ear, to others.

I know Suellen still has some incredibly well-bred and beautiful horses for sale, and I know that whomever they go to will be truly blessed...all thanks to the great love and care they get from Suellen, as well as the years of experience she has brought to her breeding program.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway...." John Wayne

Desert TAG Arabians
Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians
Standing the Stallions Latif El Halimaar & EA Asaalah

Our Herd:
Latif El Halimaar (El Halimaar x Jamala Zaafinah)
EA Asaalah (Latif El Halimaar x Meadow Merata [x Rasmoniet RSI])
Taza Cindy (Shaikh Farida x Ramses Georgina)--
FOR SALE
AVA Amira el Sakr (SA Shaikh al Sakr x Bint Ishtar)
AVA Chelsea Rose (SA Shaikh al Sakr x Bint Ishtar)

Lezah Fasaalah (EA Asaalah x Azalea Farasha)

Visit Our Website! Desert TAG Arabians

Posted Image

#47 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Ellen Mary and Zach Reagan of Oak Grove Arabians in Winslow, AR. They have a Babson/Tuhotmos/Sirecho mare for sale, Khadiya, and I just HAD to see her. Well, what began as a horsey investigation turned into a wonderful visit with fantastic people. We have rides planned in some of the state parks. She is now retired and rides weekly and I'll be off work starting next week so am excited to spend some time with pleasant, knowledgable, genuine, fun people. My mom is a tough sell and she loved them both. I'm going to post a few pictures I took while there. I WISH I could remember the names of the mares and will edit when she gets back to me, but the one mare that is blurry is AMAZING and would take this mare in ANY DAY. The one running is a former endurance horse, but not the same in type. I believe both were bred by Walter Schimanski (spelling?), but again, will edit and correct if I am wrong. I didn't get any good pics of the mare I went to see, so won't spoil her in case someone is interested. She is small but very nice and very correct. I liked her a lot.

Attached Files

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#48 Paradise Egyptian Stud

Paradise Egyptian Stud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Straight Egyptian Arabian Horses, Genealogy, Photography, Gardening

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Very good choice, Heidi!

Cyglenda
Breeders of National and International Champion Straight Egyptian Horses. 30 years in the business Go to Paradise Egyptian Stud

Email me

#49 Cheryl L

Cheryl L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Arabians
    Gardening
    Poodles
    and a touch of photography

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:20 AM

Nancy.....If you ever get to see Mistaz.....I hope you will be as smitten as I am.

Valerie....Thank you so much for showing The Minstril. I noticed the older he got, the darker and darker his coat became. He is a sweet horse and was always face first in his stall at the EE. Greeted everyone.

#50 vclink

vclink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:36 AM

Cheryl, he still does that. It's like he's afraid he will miss something.

Nancy, I really can't comment on Mistaz in this thread since I did breed to him. However, I promise to take lots of photos of him at the EE for you!

Tricia, it was my pleasure to meet you and to show you some of my horses. I will see you and Melissa at the EE!

Valerie Clinkenbeard

Bloodstone Farms

#51 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

Man there are a TON of horses that I like... I can't really think of just one to post. I try and look at horses the same way I look at people...they all have to be good for SOMEthing. Everyone is different, and not ONE is perfect. When I see someone tearing apart another horse, be it a mare, or a foal or a stallion, show horse, race horse or pleasure horse....the first thing that enters my mind is that they must be insecure...or jealous...or both.

Having an opinion is great, discussing what you don't like about a horse is fine...but I think people should practice the "compliment sandwich" more often when discussing things. You know say " I love his typey head, however I find him to be coupled quite weak, but he has a very nice shoulder angle". I learned this method in kiddie school as well as again through my coaching programs. People are way to negative about things.

Right of the top of my head when I think of something nice someone did horse wise for me, is Sandra Arabsky of Sky's The Limit Arabians... she gave me a wonderful opportunity to own some horses I never thought I would be able to afford...and I could have sold them all ten times over by now for good money had I wanted to. I am still dumbfounded how someone I have never met could give me a chance like that...and I am honored that she felt I deserved it.

I have met so many wonderful people willing to help me ... Amanda Ubell of Dare to Dream farm not only also made my stallion available to me on a payment plan that I could make work, but has helped me with many things along the way, and with learning about breeding, and being there to support me through showing, and helping me to see that halter IS fun if you have the right attitude...she didn't just sell me a horse and walk away, she became a wonderful friend.

Kristine Rennich of RNX Arabians has also been a great help, always there to answer questions I have about the latest breeding techniques or leg therapies.

Tammy Hayward of Hayward Arabians gave me a leg up, introduced me to many people in the industry and show world, supported me and gave me the courage to start showing again after bad attitudes soured me years before, and has vouched for me and plugged for me many times.

I might add the last THREE listed here ALL have their OWN stallions...we are competitors and we are FRIENDS. It can be done! :) They all have beautiful amazing horses... I can't post ANY horses I like because if I had the opportunity I WOULD own them...and if its a stallion, and I like them, I may also breed to them. Don't wanna break any rules ;)

#52 Windfall

Windfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:18 AM

Wow, Angela, what a great thread! And not just a chick flick, Ray! :)

Well, I must start with Angela. Thank you so much for all your nice comments about us and Rock. It's hard to find words, it was just such a nice thing for you to do. And that's why you are one of the people I admire. The very existence of this thread is evidence of your warm heart and sense of justice. You are blessed with a beautiful family and a wonderful stallion, Turbo! I remember when you posted about his injury a few years ago and how sad you were. I'm so glad I was there to see his electrifying liberty performance at the Event last year! There was no question of his complete recovery, thanks to your loving care! I hope I see you and Rusty this year!

Cyglenda and Steve Miller of Paradise Egyptians are dear friends that we always have such a good time with when we get together! And Cyglenda is a world class cook! I'm sure we'll have some good food for everyone at our barn party! She made the best chili last year, at a moment's notice! Who would have ever dreamed that a day in KY in June would be rainy with a high in the 50's? Chili sure hit the spot! And Steve is such a knowledgeable horseman and I love listening to him talk about pedigrees. Their horses are proof that they sure know what they're doing! They have so many beautiful SEs and I can't wait to see the yearlings they're bringing to the Event. And I have a real soft spot for their young stallion, Shah Nile Jamill. I haven't seen him in the flesh since he was a baby, but he has the most beautiful, liquid eyes! And from his recent pictures, looks to be a real powerhouse as a 3 year old! Can't wait to see you at Barn 4!

Thank you, Tracy! I have such respect for you and Tim, your words really mean a lot. If I stick to Angela's "rules" I can't mention Maria and Adam, but you know how I feel about them! Sure wish you and Tim could make it to the Event!

Another horse I really like is Amiin+. I saw him at the Event and he is really something! I would love to see him in action, working cattle!

I have more! Be back later!

Connie
Terry & Constance Arnett
Windfall Arabians
Henrico, VA
(804)795-1954

El Rhaqiis DSA 2001 SE Stallion (El Majiid x Rhalah by Ibn Shaikh)
Rapture DSA 1998 SE Mare (Fakim El Mareekh x Rhalah by Ibn Shaikh)
Dameera DSA 2000 SE Mare (Harakka x Delha by Dalul)

www.windfallarabians.org

#53 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Small breeders of Straight Egyptian/Al Khamsa Arabians. Standing the El Halimaar son Latif El Halimaar and his son EA Asaalah. Breeding program centers around El Halimaar and Prince Ibn Shaikh lines combined with Ramses Fayek lines. Occasional horses offered for sale.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

I second this comment... Rock it true to his El Majiid bloodlines.. I have put hands on three of El Majiid's sons... Each one is beautiful and personality++++. The two others are SA Farhan, a tall grey stallion with fetish for having his tongue scratched and El Rashiid MA, a beautiful bay stallion I met one day while he was out raking the yard...Connie is a lovely, classy lady... Adam and Maria Malinowski owners of SA Farhan have been true friends and Alison owner of El Rashiid, although I have never met her in person has always been a friend to us at Avalondales... Tracy

I haven't had the opportunity to meet SA Farhan, but I also agree that El Rashid MA, and his owner Alison, are quite a team :) . I am so proud of Alison for the wonderful job she has done managing this magnificent horse. Along with his beauty, his versatility is extremely impressive. Not just another halter horse, this one! He's excelling in the performance ring as well.

As for Alison...what a lady, and I do mean that in the true sense of the word. She has shown herself to be one with grace, honesty and kindness. Just as Rashid is a true ambassador for the SE, Alison is the epitomy of what we should strive to do and be as SE owners.

Attached Files

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#54 carolynw

carolynw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:06 AM

No question about it...Jon Michael's HHA Manabi. What a gorgeous, charming, gentlemanly stallion!

Carolyn
Carolyn Jacobson
Beaux Chevaux Farm
Alpharetta, GA
Straight Babson Egyptian Arabians

#55 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:18 AM

Okay Angella, I'm really going to put your thread to the test to see if it will withstand your challenge. On May 15th I took some photos of one of the biggest legends of our time. I was reluctant to share any of these because I did not want to expose this elderly gentlemen to the rabid criticism I have seen in the past.

The color in the photo is actual. His red bay coloring now is almost black. He is smaller than I expected, but legends seem to enhance reality. He has severe arthritis and is very hard to keep weight on. However, he is still all stallion. He is the first one by about 30 seconds to know if a mare is within 50 feet of the stallion barn and announces his presence to her. He will graciously accept any carrot that is offered.

He still has a presence that commands respect and caretakers treat him with the dignity that he should be accorded. Shawn Crews made a very dignified presentation of the Minstril for his newest caretakers, Paradise Arabians.

I just love that horse!
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#56 sgarabians

sgarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:03 AM

Well he is inaccessible to me here in OZ but from afar I greatly admire the horse NAGSOUS at Treff Haven.

A very nice mover - great substance and quality AND a lovely pedigree which as a big plus is low level Nazeer so excellent for refreshing a lot of high % Nazeer bred lines. I like this horse a lot and am trying to mirror the same sort of breeding here in OZ.

Attached File  NAGSOUS.jpg   82.15KB   1 downloads

Dave
Dave

SGA ARABIANS - Australia.

www.sgarabians.com

#57 arabrider57

arabrider57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

I really like the Ibn Morafic son, Amiin who was 2007 U.S. National Reserve champion Cutting Novice Horse. He is not only athletic but a well conformed stallion. And Shy Gayfeen (Safeen x Galeen RCA} is another stallion I really admire. He is probably the top SE stallion with wins under saddle.

I not a fan of stalllions that just pose in grassy fields and don't have a job. Before I breed any mare I have, I would have to see those boys under saddle doing something.

Its really hard to find any egyptians that are ridden that are alive. If you look back years ago, most of the stallions were ridden. Glennlock, Imperial, etc. put most of their stallions in some kind of performance. But its getting harder and harder to find.

With that being said, there are a couple of stallions that are not currently under saddle that I do like:

Ali Mutazz (Imperial Baarez x Moniet Fernazz), who is standing at Whitehaven Plantation is a very good looking, well conformed horse. He has a deep heart girth and correct straight legs. They have a picture of his new filly on the Whitehaven website. She is really nice.

Hajari Al Saba (Anaza Bay Shah x Halimas Tiara) owned by Phoenix Rising Arabians is a beautiful, athletic stallion, who is siring some really nice babies. They also have one of the last of the Ruminaja Ali sons, Al Matrah, (x Charm of Halima) who is another stallion I like. His babies are also very correct and athletic.

Marie
Windward Farm, SC

Home of Galaxy Aanuket wz (aka: NUKE)
2001 bay AK/SE/ Asil - stallion
current job: endurance

SCID,LFS and CA clear

#58 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Carl and Shelley Starr of Wind Drinker Arabians are exceptional breeders of SE horses. Sadly, they lost the legendary Mohummed Sadden earlier this year, but they have a fine line-up of future sires and they also stand the Imtaaarif son Parys LDV. Parys is one of the most exotic stallions I've ever seen. He also has substantial build and boy, can he run! Watching him at liberty in their arena was a true treat. He can really turn it on!

As for Carl and Shelley...I've known Carl for many years, and he is one of the most unassuming, down-to-earth and modest fellas you'll ever meet. Even though he owns some top-notch horses and a facility that will make you drool, he's the type of person who, when you meet him, puts you right at ease. And Shelley is the wheel that keeps the wagon rolling. She's such a hard worker and puts in many hours every day at their stable taking care of their beautiful Arabians (along with some very nice Gypsy Vanners as well!).

Pictured is Parys LDV.

Attached Files

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#59 FOLATH

FOLATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, Arabians and more Arabians.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

I got a email blast today on the filly Scarlet Night, (Alixer x Minstrils Jewel). She will be at the EE. I thought she had a pretty profile. She wasnt in a hard stand up, was alert, looked happy and wasnt greased like a stuck pig. I dont know her owners or who bred her. I hope she does well at the EE and if she is as well put together in person as she looks in photo's I hope she is shown at Open shows looking as calm as she does in her advertisement.
The Arabian horse. IF God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself.

#60 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Carl and Shelley Starr of Wind Drinker Arabians are exceptional breeders of SE horses. Sadly, they lost the legendary Mohummed Sadden earlier this year, but they have a fine line-up of future sires and they also stand the Imtaaarif son Parys LDV. Parys is one of the most exotic stallions I've ever seen. He also has substantial build and boy, can he run! Watching him at liberty in their arena was a true treat. He can really turn it on!

As for Carl and Shelley...I've known Carl for many years, and he is one of the most unassuming, down-to-earth and modest fellas you'll ever meet. Even though he owns some top-notch horses and a facility that will make you drool, he's the type of person who, when you meet him, puts you right at ease. And Shelley is the wheel that keeps the wagon rolling. She's such a hard worker and puts in many hours every day at their stable taking care of their beautiful Arabians (along with some very nice Gypsy Vanners as well!).

Pictured is Parys LDV.

During my moving trip down to Arkansas took a detour to their place. They are very nice people and do have an amazing facility.
I'd have to second Parys LDV. I saw almost all their stallions when I was there including Mohummed Sadden. He was a super classic stallion. I went in the stall with Parys and he had amazing temperment, was loving and kind with quite a sweet personality. He can turn it on and is very smooth bodied and tall.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users