88 replies to this topic

#21 nikki

nikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

my ex race mare Kazcade By russian stallion Derbist out of Kazamah (Indian Silver x Kazra) so goes back to Nuhra on the tail female.

Had a still born colt in 2008, her first foal, i am so happy as she had a filly at 4am on sunday morning by rusleem, she is such a wonderful mother too, i am very, very happyxx

#22 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

my ex race mare Kazcade By russian stallion Derbist out of Kazamah (Indian Silver x Kazra) so goes back to Nuhra on the tail female.

Had a still born colt in 2008, her first foal, i am so happy as she had a filly at 4am on sunday morning by rusleem, she is such a wonderful mother too, i am very, very happyxx

Hi Nikki - nice to hear from you. Congrats on the filly!! :) Now that you've told us about her, you're obligated to put up some photos... :)

#23 nikki

nikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

thanks Ray, i had to split the bag when she was born, she is still unfolding but Kaz is being a great mum and producing lots of the good stuff, but she is a very gutsy little filly.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 nikki

nikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

this is her half sister(same sire Rusleem-who is full older brother to Rushan who is in the USA)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 nikki

nikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 sdlarabians

sdlarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:55 PM

Hi Ray...I thought she only went to Manak a couple of times because George White reckoned that these two were not the best combination and said that Nuhra produced better foals from Crabbet and Courthouse stallions.

Jenny

Very interesting discussion. This may sound stupid, but what are Courthouse stallions?
Alison

Shear D-Lite Arabians
Breedres of PERFORMANCE Straight Egyptians
http://sheardlitearabians.com/

Standing at stud: El Rashiid MA (El Majiid x Maar-Riana [*El Mareekh])

"El Rashiid MA is bred generations deep to sire beautiful athletes" ~ Arlene Magid

#27 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

Bill Clarke's Courthouse stud, in England, was founded with mares such as the double Ahmar bay Safarjal (like Rissla she was sired by Berk). Her son Sainfoin was bred back to other Berk daughters such as Rangha and mares from the Bereyda line, full sister to Berk's dam Bukra. In short many of the Courthouse horses were intensely bred to Ahmar. In the stud's last days the little bay St Simon sold to Brazil for a, then, unprecedented sum. Fortunately a few precious foals were produced before he left including Persimmon (from Kazra), a champion sire who often passed on his colour, type and movement.

The above is quoted from the following link:
http://www.crabbet.c...enofsheba2.html

The link also has a photo of the horse mentioned above, Persimmon.

Jenny could probably tell us more about the Courthouse Stud. There does not seem to be much information about Bill Musgrave Clarke on the web. He was a contemporary of Lady Wentworth.

#28 Fairfax

Fairfax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

Thanks Jenny! Some great looking horses and some great advice from George. :PerspectMA19366318-0001:

Hathfan was a dead-ringer for his sire, *Serafix. :)

Hathfan was well known up here in Canada. He had been purchased by the Jim Paetz family and he was actively used in their cattle operation. They could always count on him and he was the first choice during branding season for all of the quarter horse cowboys as he never let them down.

His legacy still lives on through working partbreds in the province.

I believe he relocated to California along with Jims daughter. His dam line sure came through with an inherited toughness.

#29 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

Nikki - thanks for the photos of your new filly - she's very nice!

Hey Leo - thanks for that info on Hathfan - very interesting! It's hard to imagine a better combo than those bloodlines. Do you have any further info on *Thorayyah? I seem to remember that John Rogers may have ridden her in some of the early Tevis Cup events. I also understand that John was a real SOB about people taking photos of him and/or his horses, but it would be absolutely wonderful to find a photo of *Thorayyah under saddle.

#30 Jenny Lees

Jenny Lees

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

On the topic of Nuhra....I have just heard the sad news that George White (stud manager at Barton Lodge Stud where Nuhra was the foundation mare) has passed away. A wonderful gentleman and I will miss his comments and advice. He leaves behind a loyal wife Joan and a loving daughter Pauline. I hope Nuhra was waiting to welcome him.

Jenny

#31 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

On the topic of Nuhra....I have just heard the sad news that George White (stud manager at Barton Lodge Stud where Nuhra was the foundation mare) has passed away. A wonderful gentleman and I will miss his comments and advice. He leaves behind a loyal wife Joan and a loving daughter Pauline. I hope Nuhra was waiting to welcome him.

Jenny

Sorry to hear this, Jenny. Our condolences to his family and friends.

#32 Trish aka JMO

Trish aka JMO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

I also would like to send on condolences to his family and friends...I also like to think that Nurah was waiting to welcome him.

#33 Fairfax

Fairfax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

Nikki - thanks for the photos of your new filly - she's very nice!

Hey Leo - thanks for that info on Hathfan - very interesting! It's hard to imagine a better combo than those bloodlines. Do you have any further info on *Thorayyah? I seem to remember that John Rogers may have ridden her in some of the early Tevis Cup events. I also understand that John was a real SOB about people taking photos of him and/or his horses, but it would be absolutely wonderful to find a photo of *Thorayyah under saddle.

Hi Ray

I am trying to contact Jim Paetz's daughter as I believe they had a picture of John on Thorayyah...I do not know if it was taken at the ranch or an activity. John could be very difficult to deal with, however Muriel Lacey was rock solid for him. Most people do not know that John was at a show, discovered he had forgotten a piece of equipment and rather than borrow it, he sent his wife (I think her name was Gladys) back for it. She was killed in a car accident returning to the ranch. I don't think he ever forgave himself. He was one way with people...pay me the money and buy the damn horse but when he looked at a baby...his eyes shone.

#34 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

Thanks Leo! I appreciate you taking the time to try and round up a photo.

That's a sad story about John and his first wife - life deals some crazy hands, sometimes.

#35 marywweeks

marywweeks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

Ray?

Wasn't it *Naganka's dam that Varian spoke of as being uncatchable when the Russians took a group of Polish horse into the East with them after the war? She was considered the Queen of Poland for her fierce "resistance" to the Russians? I remember listening to Varian talk about her the year that she had Huckleberry Bey and Bey El Bey at the US Nationals. Bey El Bey was on his way to Rohara on lease. It was a magic moment for sure! For if her dam had gone to Russia, there would have been no Bey El Bey. My aging memory prohibits me from remembering the whole story but I was definitely mesmerized when I heard it.

Mary

Jenny Lees has written a very nice article on the Bahraini Pearl who went to Poland, Kuhailan Afas (she spells the name differently, but it's the same horse). The link that article is:

http://www.bahrainro...om/features.htm

Jenny's discussion is mostly regarding the offspring of Kuhailan Afas in Poland - some great photos in there! It is likely that most everyone in Arabian horses has heard of the great Polish stallion, Comet, who was a great grandson of Kuhailan Afas.

Kuhailan Afas had only two sons to carry on his line. Bad Afas and Drop. In the US, the line is from Bad Afas, as one of his daughters, *Naganka, (a Kuhailan Afas granddaughter) was imported by Varian in 1961. And the rest, as they say, is history! Among *Naganka's notable produce was Mikado++, Motif++, Mandarin++ and Bay El Bey++ (note - every one is a Legion of Merit horse). Bay El Bey++ had 446 offspring, including greats like Barbary+++, Bey Shah+ and Huckleberry Bey++.

I don't think it would be overstatement to say that *Naganka pretty much made Varian's fame and fortune. If anyone has a photo of *Naganka, I would like to see it. :68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn:

#36 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

Ray?

Wasn't it *Naganka's dam that Varian spoke of as being uncatchable when the Russians took a group of Polish horse into the East with them after the war? She was considered the Queen of Poland for her fierce "resistance" to the Russians? I remember listening to Varian talk about her the year that she had Huckleberry Bey and Bey El Bey at the US Nationals. Bey El Bey was on his way to Rohara on lease. It was a magic moment for sure! For if her dam had gone to Russia, there would have been no Bey El Bey. My aging memory prohibits me from remembering the whole story but I was definitely mesmerized when I heard it.

Mary

Hi Mary,

What an interesting tale - and one I don't recall. I wonder if MJ Parkinson wrote it up? Leo might know something, should his dial-up decide to cooperate. Najada was the mare's name and Tom Chauncey imported one of her daughters, as well.

#37 pucaru

pucaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Bedouin Arabian horses
    Singapura cats

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

Well, I didn't want to announce this prematurely, but since I see that Edouard has just written a blog entry on the subject, I will confirm that Rodger Davis and I have sent two Al Khamsa, Blue Star mares to Michigan to be bred to the Bahraini stallion *Mlolshaan Hager Solomon. One is of all Sa'udi lines, and the other has Sa'udi and Bahraini sources.

Here is a picture of the mare I'm leasing from Rodger, DB Kalila:
Attached File  DB_Kalila.jpg   462.02KB   4 downloads

Kalila is a full sister of Troy's endurance mare, AAS Ghaliah (Ghaliah's pics are in the BLUE STAR thread). She's a very sweet mare, an excellent riding horse, and has been a good mama in the past. I'm keeping all my fingers & toes crossed that this preservation breeding works out!
Kalila's sire is of all Roach breeding (*Taamri, *Rudann, *Halwaaji, and *Amiraa) and her dam is a *Furtha Dhelall daughter with lines to *Munifan, *Munifeh, and tail female to *Muhaira/*Mahraa, an 'Ubayyah of Ibn Jalawi. Edouard likes her long ears...

Rodger sent a mare by a *Furtha Dhelall son. The middle of her pedigree is *Jalam al Ubayyan and *Sindidah, and her granddam has Roach lines over the tail female to *Sawannah, from the Royal Stud of Bahrain. How cool is that?

We're very excited about this!
Jenny Krieg
Poolesville, Maryland

Lady Fuchsia (Rafik El Bedu x Jasmine CRF) 1991 bay mare, Kuhaylan Haifi
HS Marayah (Hadaya Nile Anwar x Sherlaila) 1998 grey mare, Shaykhah - from Ubayyan Sharrak
Labwah al-Shaykhah (DB Khrush x HS Marayah) 2009 bay mare, Shaykhah - from Ubayyan Sharrak
Ubayyat al-Bahrain (Mlolshaan Hager Solomon x DB Kalila) 2011 mare, Ubayyan - co-owned with Desert Bred Arabian Stud
Sarita Bint Raj (Rajmoniet RSI x Nejd Sahra Nisan) 1998 chestnut mare, Saqlawi Jidran al-Dirri

#38 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

That is VERY cool, Jennie! Great looking mare - congrats - should be a great match up. :roflmao:

#39 pucaru

pucaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
    Singapura cats

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

That is VERY cool, Jennie! Great looking mare - congrats - should be a great match up. :bigemo_harabe_net-03:

Thanks, Ray! Keep your fingers crossed...
Jenny Krieg
Poolesville, Maryland

HS Marayah (Hadaya Nile Anwar x Sherlaila) 1998 grey mare, Shaykhah - from Ubayyan Sharrak
Labwah al-Shaykhah (DB Khrush x HS Marayah) 2009 bay mare, Shaykhah - from Ubayyan Sharrak
Ubayyat al-Bahrain (Mlolshaan Hager Solomon x DB Kalila) 2011 mare, Ubayyan - co-owned with Desert Bred Arabian Stud
Sarita Bint Raj (Rajmoniet RSI x Nejd Sahra Nisan) 1998 chestnut mare, Saqlawi Jidran al-Dirri

#40 pucaru

pucaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
    Singapura cats

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

Here are some pictures of *Mlolshaan Hager Solomon that I took last month. They're not great photos, but they give you an idea. He's a little underweight from romancing the two lusty ladies... :)

Attached File  Mlolshaan Hager Solomon, tack removed.jpg   307.68KB   16 downloadsAttached File  Mlolshaan Hager Solomon eating 09-08-10.jpg   221.94KB   13 downloads
Jenny Krieg
Poolesville, Maryland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users