71 replies to this topic

#1 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

Does anyone now how many stallion breedings were sold this year? How many stallion owners had to buy their own stallion's breeding?

#2 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

About half.

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Tammens Nadira (Tammen x ADH Nadafe by Shukri) 1995 Bay  
Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
MB Faheena (Safeen x AK Bint Fatiha by Moniet El Sharaf) 1997 Ches. 
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 
Aimbri Zaafinah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2004 Ches/Flaxen 
Aimbri Amurra (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2005 Ches. SOLD!
Aimbri Fawzia (Moon Sheine x Tammens Nadira) 2005 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Zakirah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2006 Bay SOLD!
Aimbri Amira Alia (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2006 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Bint Bint Matrabb (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb) 2011 Ches.

2 SE/AK Sweepstakes Nominated Chestnut Geldings by El Matrabb  SOLD! $
Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#3 Zaarina

Zaarina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

I was talking a lot during the EBC Auction, but was seated close to the front. It seemed that a lot of stallions did not get a bid. (I do know that Ala Jabar did not get a bid.) Some breedings sold only for the Opening Bid. Most of the stallions breedings were undersold, in my opinion.

The highest bid was for Mishaal HP, at $8,200.
Next was Desperado and Alixir, at $6,000 and $6,500.

None of the unsold breedings will be held over, as they have in years past.

M

#4 RZugg

RZugg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Everything horses and bulldogs... I love my family dearly they are my only real reason I can be a part of this wonderful world of Egyptian Arabians!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

You can purchase those breedings from the owner who had to buy their own.... or so I was told.

#5 ponytail

ponytail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:35 AM

23 stallions were not bid on. 8 sold for their opening bid. One of the Rock Creek stallions didn't get bid on. All of the stallion owners that had to pay for their own breeding can bring foals to the EBC and compete, or sell their breedings. It seems that the economy has finally caught up with the EBC auction! The pot is the smallest that it has been in a long time! The people that did purchase breedings, for the most part, got them for well below the stallion's posted stud fee.

#6 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:00 AM

Is that that as many unsold breeding as last year or more?
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#7 ponytail

ponytail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

Since people had to risk paying $1,000. to "donate" this year, there were a lot less breedings donated. I don't know what percentage didn't get bought the last couple of years. I thought attendance at the EE was down this year as well. Most of the people there had horses there. It was said that there would be telephone bids accepted this year, I didn't hear of anyone doing this, nor did I observe anyone taking a telephone bid.

#8 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

For those who were at the EBC auction or those who had thought of bidding on a certain stallion did the change in format make a difference for you? If so, how much?

I am told that during the week in previous years there was a huge scorecard up where people could see what stallion was being bid on and what the bid was --- and that a bid could be left on that stallion if the person was not there at the auction -- not so this year.

Do you think that made a difference? Or just the economy? Do you believe that people not knowing the status of CA with stallions had any difference in the bids?

#9 Saazar

Saazar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

For me there were to many stallions in the live auction, I was interested in a couple of stallions, the main one was late in the alphabet and honestly I was just to hot and tired to sit in the areana and wait on him. I prefer the format from past years, where you place silent bids all week and the top stallions go live. If they want to do all stallions live maybe split it into 2 session? I don't know the answer, but I do know for my short attention span (especially after being at the show for 9 days) I just couldn't sit through all the stallions.

#10 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

I was going to bid on one stallion but the bidding was pretty fast and he got past the price I had set as a personal limit before I could get a bid in. I did bid on a second stallion but got outbid on that one. I was hoping both were going to have gone for less than they did...

#11 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

Just give me a bit of time and I will list what each stallion sold for, we wrote each bid down, I'm still unpacking.

I wish I had bid on Amiin. However I really like his son who is tail female Mona. My SE Ruminaja Ali and Safeen daughter will be open next year and I have a feeling this will be a superb nick of bloodlines since she has a stellar pedigree. We shall see and time will tell.

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#12 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Small breeders of Straight Egyptian/Al Khamsa Arabians. Standing the El Halimaar son Latif El Halimaar and his son EA Asaalah. Breeding program centers around El Halimaar and Prince Ibn Shaikh lines combined with Ramses Fayek lines. Occasional horses offered for sale.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

I feel badly for the people who have to buy their own breeding. It's bad enough when no one bids on your stallion, but then to have to pay for a breeding to your own horse......I'm not pointing fingers or criticizing, just saying I would be terribly disappointed and probably not donate in the future.

Of course, even if you have to buy your own breeding, those foals are eligible for EBC classes. For those who are interested in the EBC for that avenue, it would still be worth the donation. However, for those who are donating for the promotion, the entire thing can actually be a downfall.

Am I correct that the number of mares for the Jewel of the Nile sale were way down? A few years ago I met a lady with a very nice filly who put her mare in this sale with no bids/buyers. This was the only reason she had come (I believe she was from Canada, but don't quote me--that was three years ago). I know she was terribly disappointed at all the work and money she had put into coming to get no interest in her beautiful filly. I would have bought her myself, but didn't have the funds.

Anyway, just wondering what the future holds for both programs....the ideas for both are excellent, but if numbers continue to decrease I'm guessing they could come to an end???

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway...." John Wayne

Desert TAG Arabians
Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians
Standing the Stallions Latif El Halimaar & EA Asaalah

Our Herd:
Latif El Halimaar (El Halimaar x Jamala Zaafinah)
EA Asaalah (Latif El Halimaar x Meadow Merata [x Rasmoniet RSI])
Taza Cindy (Shaikh Farida x Ramses Georgina)--
FOR SALE
AVA Amira el Sakr (SA Shaikh al Sakr x Bint Ishtar)
AVA Chelsea Rose (SA Shaikh al Sakr x Bint Ishtar)

Lezah Fasaalah (EA Asaalah x Azalea Farasha)

Visit Our Website! Desert TAG Arabians

Posted Image

#13 Saazar

Saazar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

Angela,

You are right the Jewels of the Desert sale is a great idea, but it is an additional expense with a likely chance you will still be going home with your horse. I had considered putting my 2 year old in it this year, but the presentation of the horses was just prior to his futurity class and I honestly just did not want to spend another several hundred dollars. The stallion showcase is another wonderful idea and opportunity whose future I am unsure of. I am sure I will be yelled at for saying this, but this year's showcase (as many in the past) was disappointing to me. Of all the stallions entered I only saw one I thought was actual stallion quality. Remembering the early days when all the greats of the breed were stalled in Big Barn and presented daily to what the showcase has become is sad. I would love to see it revamped somehow, with some of our legendary stallions presented along with the up and comers. As for the EBC auction I think it is safe as many of the horses sold, some for much more than their stud fees. From what I saw the horse either sold fast with strong bidding or not at all. I don't have a problem with haveing the stallion owners guarentee the $1000, most of the other similar programs are set up the same way and the money goes into the winnings pot. I do think they need to go back to the way it was with silent bids over the coarse of the week with the high bidding stallions going live. I also think it would be nice for the PS to make a list of stallions who did not sale and whose owners may be willing to sale those breedings. Lots of ideas to include on my survey this year. Over all of course I love the week and love the Event and am already looking forward to next year.

#14 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

The Jewels of the Nile Sale SOUNDS like it should be a great idea, but from what I understand, few . . . if any . . . horses were sold through that sale. Someone please correct me if I've been misinformed about that.

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 

Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#15 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Small breeders of Straight Egyptian/Al Khamsa Arabians. Standing the El Halimaar son Latif El Halimaar and his son EA Asaalah. Breeding program centers around El Halimaar and Prince Ibn Shaikh lines combined with Ramses Fayek lines. Occasional horses offered for sale.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:16 AM

Angela,

You are right the Jewels of the Desert sale is a great idea, but it is an additional expense with a likely chance you will still be going home with your horse. I had considered putting my 2 year old in it this year, but the presentation of the horses was just prior to his futurity class and I honestly just did not want to spend another several hundred dollars. The stallion showcase is another wonderful idea and opportunity whose future I am unsure of. I am sure I will be yelled at for saying this, but this year's showcase (as many in the past) was disappointing to me. Of all the stallions entered I only saw one I thought was actual stallion quality. Remembering the early days when all the greats of the breed were stalled in Big Barn and presented daily to what the showcase has become is sad. I would love to see it revamped somehow, with some of our legendary stallions presented along with the up and comers. As for the EBC auction I think it is safe as many of the horses sold, some for much more than their stud fees. From what I saw the horse either sold fast with strong bidding or not at all. I don't have a problem with haveing the stallion owners guarentee the $1000, most of the other similar programs are set up the same way and the money goes into the winnings pot. I do think they need to go back to the way it was with silent bids over the coarse of the week with the high bidding stallions going live. I also think it would be nice for the PS to make a list of stallions who did not sale and whose owners may be willing to sale those breedings. Lots of ideas to include on my survey this year. Over all of course I love the week and love the Event and am already looking forward to next year.

I was discussing this with someone at the Event, and they also brought up the Stallion Barn idea, which seemed like a good idea to me. Having all the stallions in the same barn, presented daily, would make it easier for everyone...the stallion owner wishing to promote, and the mare owner looking for a stallion to breed her mare(s) to. It seems like an even playing ground for stallion owners. The way things are set up now, those stallions in the presentation get the most exposure (of course, they probably deserve it since their owners put up the money for it). Those planters are real eye-catchers and serve their purpose well, but those who bring stallions not in the showcase can be over-looked more easily (that's not a criticism, just an observation).

Quality of stallions, to a degree, is subjective...not sure how you can keep the ones you believe of lesser quality out of the game. But with a stallion barn, as I said, it would be easier to compare the stallions at the show more fairly.

I also agree a list of stallions whose breedings don't sell, with further opportunity to sell those breedings, is a good idea. Of course, I realize this means more work for the Pyramid Society, but either way (the ways things are set up now) they will get the money from the breeding. It would just make things more fair for the stallion owners who donated. Just because a stallion breeding doesn't sell at the auction doesn't mean it's not a good stallion, or that the breeding couldn't have sold--it all depends on who and how many are bidding.

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#16 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:20 AM

I'd want my stallion stalled with my other horses so I could keep an eye on him and his visitors - not in a totally different barn.

#17 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

I agree with you, Melissa!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

Colt:

Mares:

#18 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:16 AM

I hadn't thought of that...just for me, personally, it wouldn't be a problem because thus far all I've ever taken was just my stallion. I can see how it would be a problem if you have other horses at the show (which most people do).

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#19 Cheryl L

Cheryl L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Arabians
    Gardening
    Poodles
    and a touch of photography

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:39 AM

People wanting their stallions with their own horses is the reason why they are no longer shown in the Big Barn. Hard to divide your time between being there and back at your stalls.
I don't know if they still do it or not.......the program used to mention which stallion was in which barn.
That way, you may get a chance to see the stallions offspring.

I remember the days of the stallions being in the Big Barn. Great for us..... although the lighting was not conducive to getting good pictures.

#20 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

There are a lot of perks to doing the stallion presentations---the presentation itself (complete with a write-up about the horse), the planter, and exposure in the stallion guide to name a few. However, with the cut of only one day a week (and still the same price) I think the number of stallions in future presentations will dwindle. Why pay the same price for half the exposure?

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users