6 replies to this topic

#1 Century Oak

Century Oak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

Considering doing a USDF show with Jasoor and wondering how their cost and fees relate to the Class A fees? I have been told there is an open dressage show at the Music City Show in TN in September and am considering going up for this part of the show and skipping the Class A. Would there be a very big difference in cost? :PerspectMA19366318-0001:
Mental Meanderings Of A Barn Goddess

Guardian still to: Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima) & Impress Rissala (Imtaarif x Zandai Om Roda)

Donna Sabatine
Kryo Kinetics USA Licensed Technician

Now serving Southeastern USA as well as South Central USA

#2 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

Although I wish I had an answer for you, you might want to contact Sharon Jackson - Larapintavian. She knows all that stuff.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#3 Century Oak

Century Oak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:25 AM

good call.. thanks!

Guardian still to: Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima) & Impress Rissala (Imtaarif x Zandai Om Roda)

Donna Sabatine

#4 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

The Magnolia SUMMER SIZZLER show that's coming up in early Aug in Perry has dressage classes too. Of course there's a reason they call it the summer sizzler. Hopefully will be in one of the covered arenas....

#5 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:48 AM

Would be about the same or cheaper. They don't have the AHA fee and sometimes the office fees are less then what Arab shows charge. Stalls generally are less expensive then an Arab show if you stay over night. You should definately enter, I've found most judges are open to "alternative" breeds. Good luck!!

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Nile Roze+

(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

Noble Kamara

(Imperial Al Kamar x Imperial Sahrapha)
2000 Straight Egyptian Mare

Rest In Peace:

Amer Azhaar

(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

http://www.rozearabians.com

#6 AA Wish

AA Wish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, piano, my family and ancient religious texts......

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

Considering doing a USDF show with Jasoor and wondering how their cost and fees relate to the Class A fees? I have been told there is an open dressage show at the Music City Show in TN in September and am considering going up for this part of the show and skipping the Class A. Would there be a very big difference in cost? :PerspectMA19366318-0001:

From my past experience, you still have to go to the Music City Show (we are talking about the arabian show right?) You will pay their stall fees and office fees just as if you were entered in the class A part of it....because it is part of the show. You are just paying for a dressage class rather than a regular class.

There are a lot of nice 'outside' dressage shows you can attend. They are fun and informative. Give some of them a try. There's a really good group in the Atlanta area. I forget what the name of their organization is (haven't gone in a while) but they have shows about every month and they are in a different location each time. I can dig further and look it up if you are interested.

Good luck with your pretty boy!
Julee

"The only foundation of a free Constitution is pure Virtue, and if this cannot be inspried unto our People in a greater Measure, than they have it now, they may change their Rulers and the forms of Government, but they will not obtain a lasting liberty." John Adams

#7 Century Oak

Century Oak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

thanks everyone ! Just playing with options as we are going to try to make the music city show and possibly show dressage both. Trying to keep costs as reasonable as possible! Do plan on doing some outside dressage shows with him as well...as I watch my dreams for a kickbutt little western horse evaporate *sigh* Oh well... guess someone upstairs laughed when I said NO MORE BREECHES FOR ME!! :PerspectMA19366318-0001:

I'll be sure to post more pictures when he's cleaned up, braided up and ready for show. Actually getting a video camera here soon so look out! Posted Image

Donna Sabatine

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users