2 replies to this topic

#1 Century Oak

Century Oak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

Realized with everything going on I had not updated ya'll recently on Jasoor's progress with his training :th_hehe: He was with Jeffrey Brown of Gold Star Performance Horses from April 2 until September 11 this year and the progress Jeffrey was able to make with him was just short of amazing. I took him a 7 year old stallion that was still quite young in the mental department - he was fine for me but was naughty with everyone else - and brought home a short 5 months later a well mannered, matured, but most of all TRAINED horse that I have really enjoyed riding. He gives me the motivation to get out there and saddle up every evening and it's been a long time since a horse had that kind of effect on me. He's been wonderful and easy to ride, we have a routine and stick to it but outside of a little testing of riders without the trainer around, things have been great - and those tests have been minor and easily dealt with... boy was he surprised :th_cool:

Anyway, our first ridden show is going to be the Arabian Community Show in Decatur, Alabama on October 2, 2010 and I can't wait. We are going to continue taking lessons with Jeffrey so we can continue to progress, and I plan on doing some Trail obstacles with him this winter to start schooling him for Trail. I have no interest -at all- in western pleasure but want to be able to show Sporthorse Under Saddle, Trail and possibly some reining when we get everything solid under saddle.

He's turned into a whole heckuva lot of fun to have around and to ride, is still as sweet and amiable as he ever was... still LOVES his tongue rubbed. So here's to those stallions trained and used for riding, showing off their stuff and proving they CAN get out there and do everything we claim they can, we just have to facilitate it :)
Mental Meanderings Of A Barn Goddess

Guardian still to: Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima) & Impress Rissala (Imtaarif x Zandai Om Roda)

Donna Sabatine
Kryo Kinetics USA Licensed Technician

Now serving Southeastern USA as well as South Central USA

#2 Tricia

Tricia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses top the list along with my dogs and activities geared to them. I love making halters and presentation sets - started out by making one for a foal and after a lot of encouragement from people who saw the set started making them - now it is a passion! I also enjoy swimming, reading, traveling and good conversation with friends and strangers alike!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

Realized with everything going on I had not updated ya'll recently on Jasoor's progress with his training :th_hehe: He was with Jeffrey Brown of Gold Star Performance Horses from April 2 until September 11 this year and the progress Jeffrey was able to make with him was just short of amazing. I took him a 7 year old stallion that was still quite young in the mental department - he was fine for me but was naughty with everyone else - and brought home a short 5 months later a well mannered, matured, but most of all TRAINED horse that I have really enjoyed riding. He gives me the motivation to get out there and saddle up every evening and it's been a long time since a horse had that kind of effect on me. He's been wonderful and easy to ride, we have a routine and stick to it but outside of a little testing of riders without the trainer around, things have been great - and those tests have been minor and easily dealt with... boy was he surprised :th_cool:

Anyway, our first ridden show is going to be the Arabian Community Show in Decatur, Alabama on October 2, 2010 and I can't wait. We are going to continue taking lessons with Jeffrey so we can continue to progress, and I plan on doing some Trail obstacles with him this winter to start schooling him for Trail. I have no interest -at all- in western pleasure but want to be able to show Sporthorse Under Saddle, Trail and possibly some reining when we get everything solid under saddle.

He's turned into a whole heckuva lot of fun to have around and to ride, is still as sweet and amiable as he ever was... still LOVES his tongue rubbed. So here's to those stallions trained and used for riding, showing off their stuff and proving they CAN get out there and do everything we claim they can, we just have to facilitate it :)

Didn't I see a post where you said you had sent entries in for Music City? I know I saw a comment from you that you were looking forward to seeing my Arabian Whimzy items there. I went looking for you and Jasoor in the barn and even went to the office to try to find where you were stabled - I was told you didn't come - what happened?

Tricia

Arabian Whimzy on my facebook page - http://www.facebook....89&l=a3600d83fd

#3 Century Oak

Century Oak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

Aww I'm sorry Tricia. I posted it around and figured everyone would see it.. we had a situation come up - which seems to be the case alot I know - and the people we were going to show with backed out last minute. I had already sent in my entries and luckily the show secretary accepted the reasoning and just sent the entries and check back to me. I simply couldn't swing fuel, hotel rooms and all the extra costs on my own on that short a notice. What was going to be a $150 - $200 show for me quickly escalated with a phone call to over $750 - $1000 for the weekend. I was really looking forward to being able to go with him and have Jeffrey show him, but those things happen.

When a group goes together there is alot of ways to save money and keep it affordable for everyone. I was really bummed about him not being able to go but I figure everything for a reason. This gives me time to get to know him on my own and at home, develop a riding relationship with him and get him working for me as well as he does for Jeffrey, take some lessons together and still be able to show him next year at Class A - possibly the Baker, FL show depending on their class list - and make more of an impression when we do hit the big time :th_cool:
Mental Meanderings Of A Barn Goddess

Guardian still to: Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima) & Impress Rissala (Imtaarif x Zandai Om Roda)

Donna Sabatine
Kryo Kinetics USA Licensed Technician

Now serving Southeastern USA as well as South Central USA

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users