13 replies to this topic

#1 PR Arabians

PR Arabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

Zutar FF #AHA626707 registered as bay 2006, is now grey. Was starved but has recovered nicely except for height. Standing about 14.1 H still needs to put on some weight. Disposition is wonderful. SE Sire BKA Imeer {Ansata Imperial [Ansata Ibn Sudan x Ansata Delilah] x Imperial Mistic [Ibn Morafic x Ansata Nile Mist]} dam Song Sabreenah {Total Chaos [ The Minstril x Jamal Kumait ( Theegyptianprince)] x JP Shaikh Shameel [Shaikh Al Badi x JP Shameela (Moniet El Sharaf)]}. Currently in custody of Osage County Kansas sheriff's office. Send me an email for more info paradiseranch04@yahoo.com. Trying to find someone who would appreciate his bloodlines and give him a good home.

#2 WindCzar

WindCzar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, Horses, Family History

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:13 AM

My first thought was...
Wouldn't it be nice if he were gelded and used for a pony club mount for a youth who has always dreamed of having his/her own horse, instead of a breeding stallion, and live happily ever after.
Julie
Facebook: WindCzar Arabians
Click Here to Email Me

Willing to sale any of our horses
Stallion: Galaxy I Kuhaylan Ajuz in Strain (RA Jahim [Nabiel x Masarra] x Etnasha [*Sultann x Yathreb])Tail-female Nazeera
Mares:
NightWind Serenade wz Pure in Strain Kuhaylan Ajuz (Galaxy I [See Above] x Antaras BintRabha [*Sultann x *Lancers Rabha (x Kayed)])
LL Mystique (Sultann El Saud [*Sultann x *Lancers Nora (x Kayed)] x Chal-Petra [Ferseyn, Gazi, & 3 crosses to *Mirage])

#3 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:04 AM

sounds like a good idea.
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#4 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Classical music, Arabians ... SEs in particular ... sporting type, Saluki Hounds, Cockatoos.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Nice as that would be, in reality a donated PC mount of smaller size must be solid under saddle (horses with former trail experience are super), settled, usually an older horse (preferably in the teens or even early 20s) as they will usually go to younger, less experienced or completely inexperienced PCers and PC parents (most parents are as 'green' as their kids...they learn together). It's an admirable goal for this horse a few years from now, but not yet as a completely 'green', recently gelded 5 yr old. Horses for young, smaller stature PCers (and PC is big on horse/rider size suitability) who are usually less experienced, must be consistent mounts at walk, trot, canter, inside and OUTSIDE a ring, and at least experienced over x-rails. The only exception would be the 'games' ponies.

Sorry, but I spent 10 years as a PC Jt. DC, and young, untrained horses (any breed), no matter how promising or good natured, simply did not work out for YOUNG PCers who were trying to learn and advance up the ratings on horses that were not yet ready themselves. We kept one for a girl here that did work out, but he was much larger, older, well handled (though not under saddle) and had been gelded for several years. Also, the recipient PCer was a young teen with some riding experience (including over fences) though she was new to PC. She was also a CONFIDENT rider and the horse was stabled here where we did have 'green' horse experience. Even then the horse's 'level' of training held the child's advancement back while he learned (we were in an area where there were no other experienced horses available for her to use for rallies, etc., and we didn't have a more suitable horse for her to use either).

That said, many more advanced PCers (C2 or higher rated ... ready for regional or national ratings) DO take on a second inexperienced (meaning basics) horse to start training for their own later use, but realistically, these are larger animals that can physically compete with the Tbs and Wbs in the sporting disciplines ... been there, done that too, but with larger Arabs.

Good luck with this guy, sounds like a nice horse, but be very careful about placing him, young and untrained, in a home that may have a young PCer with stars in his/her eyes and not have the experience necessary to train him so the child can advance along with his/her peers.

PC is focused on rider training with well established incremental advancement tests. The horse, ideally, should be SLIGHTLY more advanced than the rider (but not so much that the rider accidently confuses it with unintentional incorrect signals ... have seen THAT too). If that criterea is met and both have potential, they can then develop further together.
Sharon Jackson
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#5 valley horse center

valley horse center

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:46 PM

Zutar FF #AHA626707 registered as bay 2006, is now grey. Was starved but has recovered nicely except for height. Standing about 14.1 H still needs to put on some weight. Disposition is wonderful. SE Sire BKA Imeer {Ansata Imperial [Ansata Ibn Sudan x Ansata Delilah] x Imperial Mistic [Ibn Morafic x Ansata Nile Mist]} dam Song Sabreenah {Total Chaos [ The Minstril x Jamal Kumait ( Theegyptianprince)] x JP Shaikh Shameel [Shaikh Al Badi x JP Shameela (Moniet El Sharaf)]}. Currently in custody of Osage County Kansas sheriff's office. Send me an email for more info paradiseranch04@yahoo.com. Trying to find someone who would appreciate his bloodlines and give him a good home.

Wow- how unwelcoming to a newcomer here..

PR Arabians- let me say THANK YOU so much for posting this here where the SE SHOULD be supported and people SHOULD be willing to step up and find someone interested.. Let's keep this thread "up" so that someone might see it and may be interested in helping!
Jodi

Jodi Tuft
Valley Horse Center
www.valleyhorsecenter.com

Posted Image

#6 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

This stallion at one time belonged to Racheal Peters who starved her horses, hopefully being this is the second time he needed to be rescued he'll find a good home.

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#7 WindCzar

WindCzar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

Thanks Sharon,
Wise experience is always good to heed and helps us avoid mistakes. I figured I was just dreaming.

We all hope he finds a good home, and always appreciate those helping horses in need and bringing it to our attention.
Julie
Click Here to Email Me

Stallion: Galaxy I Kuhaylan Ajuz in Strain (RA Jahim [Nabiel x Masarra] x Etnasha [*Sultann x Yathreb])Tail-female Nazeera
Mares:
NightWind Serenade wz Pure in Strain Kuhaylan Ajuz (Galaxy I [See Above] x Antaras BintRabha [*Sultann x *Lancers Rabha (x Kayed)])
LL Mystique (Sultann El Saud [*Sultann x *Lancers Nora (x Kayed)] x Chal-Petra [Ferseyn, Gazi, & 3 crosses to *Mirage])

#8 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Classical music, Arabians ... SEs in particular ... sporting type, Saluki Hounds, Cockatoos.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

I, too, hope he finds the RIGHT home where he'll be happpy, well cared for, and able to develop.

While I'm a bit OT here, if people need to place older Arab geldings, which are preferred, or even mares (teens or early 20s) that are sound,'sane', have had some under saddle work, and are safe on the ground with children (feeding, grooming, hoof cleaning, well mannered leading, etc., as PCers are EXPECTED to learn and demonstrate their own horse care), these will usually be welcomed by PC instructors and DCs as prospects for the lower level riders. Younger, larger animals MIGHT be 'right' for an upper level PCer (who already has a horse that they are outgrowing, either in size or athletic ability) to take on and develop. Some of these upper level kids successfully take on off track TBs, usually geldings.
Sharon Jackson

#9 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

This is my opinion and I will more than likely be roasted for it, however, this is just too much!

If Sharon had been around I would never ever have had a horse! This blasted idea that everything must be perfect or the kid cannot have is why there is no reason for young people to be encouraged to have an Arabian.

Stating that every Arabian has to be trained to perfection, which has been stated on this board, is why people do not ride their Arabians in public. I know of many who ride at home, on the trails, but when they go out in the horse world they ride another breed.

Everyone has to start some place!!!!! I know from my early dressage scores, which were done to encourage NOT DISCOURAGE, we all learn. Gad talk about taking away every incentive to own/ride/enjoy an Arabian!!!!!!!!!@!!@!!!!!@!

#10 WindCzar

WindCzar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Well then, I must have completely misunderstood Sharon. I thought she was talking about a specific industry from experience of what that industry and the people in it would actually use or not, while taking into consideration the welfare of the horse. I didn't realize she was talking about all riding, people, industries, horses, levels, etc. So, since I clearly don't understand the argument, I'd better butt out.
Julie
Click Here to Email Me

Mares:

#11 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

Wind Czar, you DID understand me correctly. Thank you.

Liz, if what you took my post to mean was true then neither would I have started with an Arab NOR would my daughter have gone ALL THE WAY thru PC (and I was NOT PC knowledgeable at the beginning), from UNRATED through NATIONAL H-A RATING or from not knowing ANYTHING about EVENTING to NATIONAL UPPER LEVEL YOUNG RIDERS TEAM COMPETITION (USEA Area V team)... mounted the entire way on purebred Arabs ... Arabs that we trained ourselves with help from PC (as well as a bit of 'local' DC & RS opposition in the very beginning) and a PC grad trainer who happened to be a very open minded former WEG and Olympian.

Difference was we'd had horses for a number of years, had made our own CTR and Edurance horses. Chrissi grew up riding Arabs and already had an IAHA Nat. Top Ten in Competitive trail (earned at age 9, no less) before she started PC at age 12. Her first two PC horses were our NATRC/AERC mares who had had no formal training much less Dressage or over fences, but were solid riding citizens that she could progress with. The third purebred Arab (the one who carried her to her National PC ratings and USEA Young Riders Team in the upper levels) was a green broke (still kicked out on a canter cue) purebred that she took on as a C2 at age 15. And ... she had the supervision of an outstanding trainer who was a PC grad and 'gave back' to PC by taking on the C and above level students for a very nominal price. We couldn't have done it any other way ... there was just too much demanded by the PC program without that kind of help ... we just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Boy, did I ever learn a LOT, all of it positive.
Sharon Jackson

#12 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:47 PM

Oh man I hope this boy finds a good home. I have been offered 3 superbly bred Straight Egyptian Stallions and seriously wish I had room, but sadly no. What a shame that he was stunted.

Good luck and best wishes to him.

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#13 PR Arabians

PR Arabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Jodi,
I appreciate your comment. It is a little overwhelming to post a request for assistance and get bickering. Regardless of whether he needs gelded or not to find a good forever home, he is still a straight Egyptian Arabian horse in need and I thought that this was a place I might find help for him. He is deserving of that help regardless of his training or anatomy. I can hold him over here temporarily if we have a plan for where he is going but am not in a position to do more. His fate was uncertain, I thought I would put out a plea for help as he cannot. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
I do appreciate the PC suggestion but it sounds as if that might not be appropriate for him yet.
Thanks everyone!!

#14 arabrescue

arabrescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, Straight Russian, Pure Polish and now Straight Egyptian and all the golden crosses they produce!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

Wow- how unwelcoming to a newcomer here..

PR Arabians- let me say THANK YOU so much for posting this here where the SE SHOULD be supported and people SHOULD be willing to step up and find someone interested.. Let's keep this thread "up" so that someone might see it and may be interested in helping!
Jodi

Thanks PR Arabians and Jodi. Zutar has been placed. His breeder was contacted and he will retain his papers and heritage. He is a really sweet little boy and will most likely remain intact as he is soooo nice. What a little cutie. Thanks everyone for your help.
Terry Figueroa, Founder & President
The Arabian Rescue Mission Making a Difference, Everyday!
www.arabianrescuemission.org

East/West Arabians, LLC
www.eastwestarabians.com

Equi-Supps, for your Horses Health
www.equisupps.com

Proudly owned and loved by:
*Bekas (Etap x Beatrice)
Temujin kgi (Nefison x Tamerlynn)
Rasmoniet ehap (Rasmoniet rsi x Shiko's Khazmeena)
Must (Muscat x Flamencka)

Also loved and missed by: *Prudent HT

IN MEMORY OF BERRYLETTA V AND THE OTHER 3 MARES KILLED BY THE "INHUMANE SOCIETY OF OTTAWA COUNTY, OHIO" WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users