8 replies to this topic

#1 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

The CA website carries 3 columns now: One for CA, one for SCID and one for LFS. I like that as I can view all 3 genetic tests at once on any one particular animal.

That is where I will be posting and SCID or LFS results.

Only negative: The search button does not work. I tried both mine on the CA tests and had to go thru the entire list twice -- I missed the first time, thought their numbers were higher. Mine are in the 800's.

#2 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

I am very happy to hear that they are all on the same website now. Will make things much easier! And maybe they will get that bug fixed.

#3 phanilah

phanilah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

Just so everyone is aware, FOAL is also collecting results for all 3 tests and their list is readily searchable. Reporting forms and the list can be found here: http://www.foal.org/...ts---Forms.html

Regardless of where one chooses to report (preferably report to both sites), please report!

Beth
si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes

#4 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

Just so everyone is aware, FOAL is also collecting results for all 3 tests and their list is readily searchable. Reporting forms and the list can be found here: http://www.foal.org/...ts---Forms.html

Regardless of where one chooses to report (preferably report to both sites), please report!

Beth

Thanks for adding the link. Didn't know there was another site.

#5 szedlisa

szedlisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

SOME SEARCH TIPS:

- First of all the search box on the CA Public List page is geared for recognizing the horseĀ“s name.
- Only CA N/N use the word Clear.
- CA Carriers and Affecteds are on a separate list as well as the Main List. Sometimes it is easier to search the secondary List..
- As both SCID and LFS use the word "free" and there are well over a hundred of these, USE THE WORDS LFS free or SCID free.
- To find LFS carriers or SCID carriers, USE those words: SCID carrier and/or LFS carrier.

The website was down on Friday for a few hours; all is in working order now.

With just over 2700 posted results on the MAIN List, sometimes there is a small delay in getting all the search results tabulated. Often this is dependant upon the backlog of your server.

#6 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:56 AM

Thats great the have conbined them.
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#7 szedlisa

szedlisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

>> The CA website carries 3 columns now: One for CA, one for SCID and one for LFS. I like that as I can view all 3 genetic tests at once on any one particular animal. >>

Please note that in order to have your horse posted on the CA Public List , it must have been tested for CA and have the CA test results disclosed.

Thanking you,
Lisa

#8 sheikh rissan

sheikh rissan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Oncology, Medicine, Arab Horses (obviously!), Driving Cars, Reading, Cooking, Eating, Pilates.... not in any particular order.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

I like that site too!
I have recently got the results for Kalinin and he is also LFS clear.
I have submitted the form to CA.org stating this, and am just waiting to see his LFS column populated, too!
Julia

Kalinin ibn Baletina - 2001 Metallic Chestnut Stallion, Double Balaton
Strain: Hadban Enzahi (TF Elsissa DB 1870)
SCID, CA and LFS Clear.. Testing Centre VHL Holland

Sire: Kais
Pakistan (Kumir/Panagia) x Proba (Balaton/Palmira)
Dam: Baletina bint Inez
Balaton (Menes/Panagia) x Indirah bint Inez (Kauri/Shams el Inez)

Al Zomorood Arabian Stud

Allbreed Pedigree - Kalinin ibn Baletina

#9 Demelza

Demelza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

I find using "ctrl + f" easier than using the search box on the website.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users