74 replies to this topic

#21 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

I have hopes they will post respectfully, but for the most part it turns out I have people hitting the report button then I end up editing posts.

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#22 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

I think this topic and the warning system have had a postive impact on the tone of the posts and comments.

However I disappointed by some comments made that are telling people to shut up, continued denigration of other opinions or viewpoints, calling people ignorant, etc.

EVERYONE deserves to be able to be treated respectfully. Everyone is entitled to their opinon. Disagreements of opinions can be made without making personal or insulting comments about them or their horses.

#23 sheikh rissan

sheikh rissan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Oncology, Medicine, Arab Horses (obviously!), Driving Cars, Reading, Cooking, Eating, Pilates.... not in any particular order.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I didn't want to sully the Addis Mare thread, but I do feel the need to state that the persistant name-calling and denigrating is very draining and offputting.

It is personally also quite painful to see dear friends labelled as something they really are not. There is no need for them to feel that they must defend themselves, for in my opinion, there is simply nothing to defend.
I would urge that those wishing to demean, defame and denigrate others should simply desist.. Those casting the stones of spite are completely entitled to their opinions, of course. They should learn to keep them private.
It is ugly of itself, the jibing and sniping.

I know that I have the choice, and I do not need to come here (especially not to see my friends called names), however I do find the site useful from time to time.

I don't live in the US, but I don't have to. It's an international forum. I don't have a SE, but I don't have to, to be a member here... it's NOT an exclusive club. I'm interested here because here there be Arabs (and my rescue stallion has Egyptian lines) .... I should therefore feel free to post ... but I quite simply DON'T.

I know why
  • Nadj Al Nur, Demelza, ArleneMagid and 4 others like this
Julia

Kalinin ibn Baletina - 2001 Metallic Chestnut Stallion, Double Balaton
Strain: Hadban Enzahi (TF Elsissa DB 1870)
SCID, CA and LFS Clear.. Testing Centre VHL Holland

Sire: Kais
Pakistan (Kumir/Panagia) x Proba (Balaton/Palmira)
Dam: Baletina bint Inez
Balaton (Menes/Panagia) x Indirah bint Inez (Kauri/Shams el Inez)

Al Zomorood Arabian Stud

Allbreed Pedigree - Kalinin ibn Baletina

#24 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm just embarressed. :ph34r:

#25 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

... At this point, the moderators feel we must specifically ask that posters refrain from personal attacks. Disagree with each other's views or opinions, but do not attack the other person. We will be using the warning system to *ahem* assist those who seem to have difficulty making the distinction and acting accordingly. Failure to adapt to this policy may compel us to exclude a poster from the community

Not to be too bulldog about this, but is the bolded EVER going to happen? It's exhausting and I agree, Heidi, very embarrasing. I worry she'll never get the boot and I wonder, why???
  • Demelza, Suellen Taylor, sgarabians and 1 other like this

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#26 sgarabians

sgarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Not to be too bulldog about this, but is the bolded EVER going to happen? It's exhausting and I agree, Heidi, very embarrasing. I worry she'll never get the boot and I wonder, why???

Perhaps because although you obviously in that case can't BUY happiness - you can buy certain other things!
  • Demelza and Suellen Taylor like this
Dave

SGA ARABIANS - Australia.

www.sgarabians.com

#27 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

Perhaps the rules could be re-stated to accurately reflect how the forum really works and a price structure could be listed so everyone will know how much to pay if they want to personally attack someone, their horses, their family, their reputation.

That would at least level the playing field AND the board would probably see a huge increase in revenue.

It's win win.

EVERYONE deserves to be able to be treated respectfully. Everyone is entitled to their opinon. Disagreements of opinions can be made without making personal or insulting comments about them or their horses.

• Demelza likes this

#28 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

ABN and the google ads pay for this forum.

#29 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

What else could it be then?

#30 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

I'm not babysitting people that have followed each other from forum to forum for years.

#31 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Good to know!

#32 Suellen Taylor

Suellen Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Dolls, Royal Doultons and Antique Costume Jewelry

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Well, as I said on the Addis thread, I used to be a prolific poster..but now,I just cannot abide the insidious and continuous "tone" of some people..SHE constantly berates, belittles and HURTS others..and I DO think she intends to do just that..it is always the same people she denigrates, and why??? Some of them do not even live here, have never gone to a show, or possibly met HER..yet, all HER comments are allowed, copied and pasted..whew!

And, I must say, and you can dislike me all you want for saying it, I have NEVER followed anyone from forum to forum..I was comfortable here from the beginning: speaking, learning and possibly teaching at times..not so any longer..I am ashamed sometimes to take part in some conversations..and when I speak the "TRUTH" about some things, even when I am agreed with by many people, I still lose good friends..........or were they?

Ahhhh, such is life...I shall prevail.....Let Go and Let God!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Caryn Rogosky likes this

TOP Of The Hill Arabians

Marshallville GA

Phone: 478-472-6141

Email: tophillarabs@windstream.net

The Gals:

Elegant Dahncer     Mahrdan x Kohlan 1995    Will stay with us for life!

Imdala El Jamaal         Dakharo x Imiella   2005    Bred to Marbeau Le Reve' (My last hurrah????)

The Guys:

Khalid Omar Khayal    GR Shadow x Khalia Spring 2005 (AKA Spunky Bruiser)  With us for life!

#33 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, Art, Spirituality, Design (Interior,Fashion and Ad Design), Creative Cooking, Growing Flowers, Learning, Family and True Friendship.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

One problem is, and always has been, that some people prefer do not differentiate between offense and defense within a conflict-- and tar all with the same brush. Sure, there would never be any fighting if no one defended the bloodlines, organizations or people which, for over fifteen years, have been the subject of attack by ONE PERSON. Sure, there would never be any arguing if no one cared enough to correct or challenge countless erroneous and negative implications as well as flat out lies about our SE bloodlines and their history -- our organizations and members of our community. If no one challenges, corrects or defends against these things...we would have very peaceful forums for sure. AND we would also have a community that reflects something of a totalitarian dictatorship where one person holds court and issues proclamations, and the rest of us just listen and praise her -- regardless of who or what is hurt as a result. So, at the risk of sounding brash, I have to say that people who choose to throw the defenders into the same pot with the offenders are greatly demeaning their efforts and, in my humble opinion, are not a part of the solution. To quote Edmond Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

#34 Suellen Taylor

Suellen Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Dolls, Royal Doultons and Antique Costume Jewelry

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

From 'Caryn Rogosky'

I have to say that people who choose to throw the defenders into the same pot with the offenders are greatly demeaning their efforts and, in my humble opinion, are not a part of the solution. To quote Edmond Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Caryn..I totally agree with you, but as an old lady myself..and with not enough knowledge to "defend" everything I believe in, I will choose to just not be here or to post..sorry!!!!!!!!!!! MHO..and entitled to it!

I repeat..the insidious and continuous berating and spewing of hatred is just plain awful..it is mud of the worst kind.... ..and I will not wallow in it....with anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am “doing” something..I am not participating any longer! My choice…and entitled to it also.

TOP Of The Hill Arabians

Marshallville GA

Phone: 478-472-6141

Email: tophillarabs@windstream.net

The Gals:

Elegant Dahncer     Mahrdan x Kohlan 1995    Will stay with us for life!

Imdala El Jamaal         Dakharo x Imiella   2005    Bred to Marbeau Le Reve' (My last hurrah????)

The Guys:

Khalid Omar Khayal    GR Shadow x Khalia Spring 2005 (AKA Spunky Bruiser)  With us for life!

#35 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, Art, Spirituality, Design (Interior,Fashion and Ad Design), Creative Cooking, Growing Flowers, Learning, Family and True Friendship.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

From 'Caryn Rogosky'

[/i]

Caryn..I totally agree with you, but as an old lady myself..and with not enough knowledge to "defend" everything I believe in, I will choose to just not be here or to post..sorry!!!!!!!!!!! MHO..and entitled to it!

I repeat..the insidious and continuous berating and spewing of hatred is just plain awful..it is mud of the worst kind.... ..and I will not wallow in it....with anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am “doing” something..I am not participating any longer! My choice…and entitled to it also.

Suellen, yes you are doing something -- and I was not referring to you at all. If you read my post again, I think you will see that I was specifically speaking of those who blame the defenders as much as the offenders. I was not suggesting that everyone needs to defend, by no means -- I was only suggesting that those who tar all parties in a conflict with the same brush are not helping to solve the problem. Again, not referring to you.

#36 sgarabians

sgarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Well Heidi I see you have been out with the 'hoover' cleaning up yet another mess by removing any and all of someones posts in the Addis Auction thread. While you have tidied up after her once again to try and preserve her 'reputation' - can you please tell us if there has been a warning issued to Hansi to please control her actions so that everyone can feel free to post and enjoy the forum? WE don't want more valuable members of the forum like Suellen disappearing from here simply because Hansi contributes funds to the site.

Although if only it were as easy to clean up all our own mistakes in life! <smile>

Suellen please stick around - your experience and genuine caring nature are worth real gold to the other members of sites like this.
  • Caryn Rogosky and M Huprich like this
Dave

www.sgarabians.com

#37 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I guess you've had a peek into Hansi's wallet to see if she has donated money?( For the other its none of your business. It takes two to tango and if you don't like someone put them on ignore.Dave your posts are equally insulting and offensive.AND most members only show up to go after Hansi. The forum was very quiet while she was in the hospital. AND I'm extremely offened by your infering I'm being bought.

#38 sgarabians

sgarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

I guess you've had a peek into Hansi's wallet to see if she has donated money?( For the other its none of your business. It takes two to tango and if you don't like someone put them on ignore.Dave your posts are equally insulting and offensive.AND most members only show up to go after Hansi. The forum was very quiet while she was in the hospital. AND I'm extremely offened by your infering I'm being bought.

Heidi I would hardly need to look in anyone's wallet to see she is labelled as a HOSTING SPONSOR of the site! That doesn't take too much brainpower at all and so you would know that via your position as a moderator also.

And surely IF it's a PUBLIC forum Heidi it is EVERYONE's who participates business about what goes on? And if you are saying that MOST MEMBERS - ie the MAJORITY of MEMBERS ONLY SHOW UP TO GO AFTER HANSI (your words Heidi not mine) - then perhaps you need to stop and rethink who your members are that YOU are meant to be serving and realise that personal likes and dislikes aside you as moderator should be doing something to respond to the clear needs and desires of the people who use and SUPPORT the forum.

Clearly since you have just handed out a few WARNING points to myself - the ONLY person no-one is allowed to offend on the site is yourself?

And BTW the forum is always quiet when Hansi is absent as she is not making outrageous allegations and derogatory remarks against people when she's tied to a hospital bed.
Dave

www.sgarabians.com

#39 desertarabians.com

desertarabians.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

What a joke this site has become if a string on civility has not one civil comment. All those who criticize constantly attack her money which she earned completely on her own after coming to Canada after WWII with nothing. Has been intensely involved in research in the SE and Asil horse and compiled several reference volumes regarding the same. She does all this in her second language not her native language... Is she brusque at times? maybe.. does she suffer fools lightly? no... but she's done enough and earned the right. So those who are jealous of what she has earned and envious of what she has accomplished, admit it and allow someone who has done so much a little leeway. Lord knows you'll all get there (cryptic and without patience and dottering) and have far less to show for the time you have spent in this life. This site could have a real benefit to SE's and Asil horses and rather than educating and enlightening it is devolving into petty bickering and name calling.

I want to talk about the fine horses we all have and how to make them better, treat them better and let the world know how special they are.

Joseph Bayer

#40 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

You're all just jealous and she's earned the right to take a dump on you, your families and your horses? Think again. It will NEVER be okay, Joseph. Not EVER.

And while other members of this board are able to, they will defend their reputations and the reputations of their families and horses.
  • ArleneMagid and M Huprich like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users