74 replies to this topic

#61 sgarabians

sgarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

Well Suellen, your right I have not been on this site much and am relatively new and frankly will avoid it somewhat as I don't want to live in here as I feel many seem to do. I need to spend my time earning a living and caring for my steeds... now there is a word we don't see much... and building my website.. ugh..

The whole point of my comments regarding Hansi is that she has been a friend for many years now and I see a whole other side of her that many do not. So I still believe that when things are taken out of context as I believe they were in the 2 fillies string that it must be pointed out. I also feel that we should lead by example. Enough said on my part as everyone knows my stand. I hope to have good relations with everyone in so far as this is possible and would rather discuss the common interest we all have than things personal. I wish you all good luck!

Joseph

Joseph I tried to find out some more about your horses and breeding program form your web link but it seems to dead end - so a positive as far as I am concerned would be to have you provide those of us interested with a bit more information about your horses - and we can leave the he said / she said stuff behind us that much faster?
  • Seglavi likes this
Dave

SGA ARABIANS - Australia.

www.sgarabians.com

#62 Georgia

Georgia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

"most members only show up to go after Hansi".

I find this offensive, Heidi. I have many good friends on here/ very knowledgeable friends/kind friends/people I have spent a lot of face to face time with/ that try to offset some of what Hansi is saying only because of the facts or conclusions that have been researched and approved by many people in the process. not just one. Many feel the need to counter, only so new people will only see and want to find the truth or a reasonable conclusion, such as angella for example. there are some things that just can't go unanswered.

I have considered Hansi a friend, spent some time with her at AK convention and in Kentucky. shared Christmas greetings. I find her a different person behind the typewriter than in person, for which makes me very sad. and the reason I'm not on this site very often. I find EBC and SE.com very boring and tiring and both sites probably know the #'s they have lost over the past few years.

I feel, if Hansi has decades of research. that your time would be better spent to put that research together and submit it to follow what your words say. then that would be that.

Things could be so great on these sites like they were before the personal attacks.

I will probably look around a bit, see if anything interesting and come back in 6 months or a year later to see if anything has changed here... from the same old same old.

It is like an old soap opera, I can go a year without watching and be home one day and pick up where I left off and wonder why that baby was not born yet!!

Respectfully,
Georgia
  • Suellen Taylor, Seglavi, M Huprich and 1 other like this

#63 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

"most members only show up to go after Hansi". I find this offensive, Heidi. I have many good friends on here/ very knowledgeable friends/kind friends/people I have spent a lot of face to face time with/ that try to offset some of what Hansi is saying only because of the facts or conclusions that have been researched and approved by many people in the process. not just one. Many feel the need to counter, only so new people will only see and want to find the truth or a reasonable conclusion, such as angella for example. there are some things that just can't go unanswered. I have considered Hansi a friend, spent some time with her at AK convention and in Kentucky. shared Christmas greetings. I find her a different person behind the typewriter than in person, for which makes me very sad. and the reason I'm not on this site very often. I find EBC and SE.com very boring and tiring and both sites probably know the #'s they have lost over the past few years. I feel, if Hansi has decades of research. that your time would be better spent to put that research together and submit it to follow what your words say. then that would be that. Things could be so great on these sites like they were before the personal attacks. I will probably look around a bit, see if anything interesting and come back in 6 months or a year later to see if anything has changed here... from the same old same old. It is like an old soap opera, I can go a year without watching and be home one day and pick up where I left off and wonder why that baby was not born yet!! Respectfully, Georgia

So sorry to hear how you feel Georgia. When I make statements, especially in research I CAN ALWAYS AND EVER BACK THESE UP, If I dont have the answers, I ask for help.

there is a clique which wont stopp attacking and I ending up defending, one of them for "17 years", imagine.

Take care
hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#64 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, Art, Spirituality, Design (Interior,Fashion and Ad Design), Creative Cooking, Growing Flowers, Learning, Family and True Friendship.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

So sorry to hear how you feel Georgia. When I make statements, especially in research I CAN ALWAYS AND EVER BACK THESE UP, If I dont have the answers, I ask for help.

there is a clique which wont stopp attacking and I ending up defending, one of them for "17 years", imagine.

Take care
hansi

Hansi, I'm sorry to say that it is not true that you "can always and ever" back up your statements. This has been proven over and over again. It would not be difficult at all to make a list of the many statements that you have made about boodlines, organizations and people over the years that have been shown to be quite incorrect. Anyone would be able to do that because its all out there in black and white -- once something goes out on the Internet its pretty much there forever. We've just been through this with your claim that you've only ever asked for threads to be closed twice...when there is proof on the internet that you've made these requests many times. I bring this up because I'd like to see this cycle stopped. What Georgia has said is absolutely right on. You make very strong and negative statements as if they are facts, but they are not facts, and people feel the need to correct them so as not to see newcomers (and those without access to all of the resource materials) become misinformed and misguided.

For a very long time you have been blaming this conflict on myself and others; a "clique", a few troublemakers, "the ugly seven" --- and that worked for you for quite awhile, but no more. Too many people to call a "clique" and way more than seven, feel that your behavior and actions require modification in order to maintain an environment which is condusive to healthy dialog and civil debate. Please give this some sincere consideration. When positive, your input can be very valuable and welcomed.

#65 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

So sorry to hear how you feel Georgia. When I make statements, especially in research I CAN ALWAYS AND EVER BACK THESE UP, If I dont have the answers, I ask for help. there is a clique which wont stopp attacking and I ending up defending, one of them for "17 years", imagine. Take care hansi .

Georgia just to set the records straight I should have only said " in particular in Research I CAN ALWAYS AND EVER BACK THESE UP.

I made an error in mentioned that I only ask for closing twice. What I should have said was "two topics".
At least that is what I can remember, that of Exochorda and the Blue Catalogue, as both were going out of hand.

Take care
hansi
Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#66 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, Art, Spirituality, Design (Interior,Fashion and Ad Design), Creative Cooking, Growing Flowers, Learning, Family and True Friendship.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Forgetting is understandable, we are all human and we all forget sometimes. But to remind you, these requests were not only regarding the topics of Exochorda and the Blue Catalog -- at least two of the three I posted yesterday were on totally different topics, including one post to Sabine on Grand Prix status. Truely, there have been quite a few different topics involved.

Perhaps it has slipped your mind, but the reality is that you have presented many statements as facts as part of your research that were not true or accurate and certainly could not be backed up with research evidence. If you would like me to provide you with at least a partial listing I will do that, either here on the forum or privately -- whichever you would prefer.
  • diane and calicoarab52 like this

#67 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:www.wolffphotography.nl, war crimes, Desert bred Arabians, Sheykh Obeyd and Babson Arabians.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

So maybe it is an idea to put an end to this - while we know we disagree on certain matters - and just move on? If I understand it well, this topic was started to clear the air and move on in a better way? We all know I think after all these years that certain matters are always fought about especially at internet forums so we can battle until we're all in an old folks home or just bury the warrior's axe and just move on. Just to illustrate, my beloved Samira descended from Exocorda, some would question her pedigree because of this and I stopped caring about that because she is gone and I miss her. My Zabira decends from Folla and is not accepted as Al Khamsa qualified. I stopped caring about it because I have had her since she was four months olds and I love her. My new senior is not asil at all and therefor considered not AK/Asil club etc worthy. And I do not care, she is still 25% Egyptian minimum and she is a drop dead beautiful horse. Some things just do not matter in daily life and after years of happiness, they only matter at internet forums I think.

Nasheeta Arabians

home of
Abu Dhabi (Djinn x Pax), Manara Samira r.i.p. (Masada Massoud x Matara Saafana), Zabira Atya (Ebony Rumaadi x Bach Raisa),
Fadra (Neapolitano XXIX-22 x Maestoso XLVI-3), a), Kuhaylat Imzaa (Antar el Elamal x Impress CS), Shennah BLA (Renoir MBI x Suraha KSI)

Proud owner of miniature mare NOVA stables Carissa (Falabella)

Have a look at www.nasheeta.com

and home of

The Samira Foundation, a sacntuary for old, formerly abandonned and abused arabian mares. Currently offering a home to Ber Parabola, Razade des Belles, Sarafeh, Aronda Star r.i.p. , Prinses Dalmea r.i.p., Dizzy Devil, Impress CS and Flaxman's Ophelia. Donations most welcome!

www.facebook.com/stichtingsamira

co-author (with Ms Saskia Klaassen) of "Impressions" a manual to arabian bloodlines in The Netherlands

#68 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Folla, Futna, and Bint Barakat were approved by AK last year. Your Zabira IS Al Khamsa.
  • Nasheeta likes this

Posted Image

#69 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:www.wolffphotography.nl, war crimes, Desert bred Arabians, Sheykh Obeyd and Babson Arabians.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

That is good news! When I asked, yes years ago, Folla was not accepted. But it did not matter to me anyway.
  • Suellen Taylor and AlythLong like this

Nasheeta Arabians

home of
Abu Dhabi (Djinn x Pax), Manara Samira r.i.p. (Masada Massoud x Matara Saafana), Zabira Atya (Ebony Rumaadi x Bach Raisa),
Fadra (Neapolitano XXIX-22 x Maestoso XLVI-3), a), Kuhaylat Imzaa (Antar el Elamal x Impress CS), Shennah BLA (Renoir MBI x Suraha KSI)

and home of

The Samira Foundation, a sacntuary for old, formerly abandonned and abused arabian mares. Currently offering a home to Ber Parabola, Razade des Belles, Sarafeh, Aronda Star r.i.p. , Prinses Dalmea r.i.p., Dizzy Devil, Impress CS and Flaxman's Ophelia. Donations most welcome!

co-author (with Ms Saskia Klaassen) of "Impressions" a manual to arabian bloodlines in The Netherlands

#70 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

That is good news! When I asked, yes years ago, Folla was not accepted. But it did not matter to me anyway.

There is a book coming out next year on the Tahawi horses which might be of interest to you, since you have that blood. There is a thread about it here someplace.........I will bump it up for you.
C
  • Nasheeta likes this

Posted Image

#71 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks very much! Folla and family is in the Schieferegg's breeding group too. They have Iranian and Egyptian bloodlines. I was to purchase one of their beautiful stallions but unfortunately he got injured and probably best he stays at his home. He is by Harb and out of bint Palmira. His egyptian sire line is Hashem, the WAHO trophy winner by performing in and winning a +/- 500 km Madrid-Lisboa endurance ride. Hashem is by Hamdan II. Ibn Harb is so excellent in conformation and disposition and a well balanced 50-50 in bloodlines, I truly regret he is now injured.

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#72 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thanks very much! Folla and family is in the Schieferegg's breeding group too. They have Iranian and Egyptian bloodlines. I was to purchase one of their beautiful stallions but unfortunately he got injured and probably best he stays at his home. He is by Harb and out of bint Palmira. His egyptian sire line is Hashem, the WAHO trophy winner by performing in and winning a +/- 500 km Madrid-Lisboa endurance ride. Hashem is by Hamdan II. Ibn Harb is so excellent in conformation and disposition and a well balanced 50-50 in bloodlines, I truly regret he is now injured.

Dear Nasheeta
This horse has a very impressive pedigree with lots of race winners of consequence.
Although injured, he should be considered strongly for any breeding shed to carry forward his genes.

I always wondered why in the Arabian Horse Industry only very few look at the ingredients of a horse's pedigree- and I mean performancewise. No other breed does, from the pulling Belgiums to the Qterhorses, the Engl. Thoroughbred and on and on.

Is it ignorance or getting on a bandwaggon which is so overloaded it will break down?
I have seen such georgeous SES, but would not want them, because they simply dont cut the muster when it comes to
conformation/movement one needs as an athlete. Often I find that people also dont realize what "movement" realy is.
A short striding, Sauerkraut Stamper can never win against super striding horses, unless they are the only horse in the competition.

It is also good to examine where what the horse won or did good. There is a destinct diference of running on country fair ground versa the Kentucky Derby. One must learn to grade. Seminars should be set up to teach just that. Other nations are far better informed, so why cant we get on that bandwaggon?

I also feel that some seminars are the culprits, when REALITY is left out. When people are not informed to look at the horse/pedigree to determine where the problem lies. That of course needs dead on honesty with oneself.

Just my humble opinion

Take care
hansi
Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#73 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks Hansi. He probably stays with his breeder now and will have plenty of foals there! I am not a breeder though, I am a rider. This horse chose us when we stayed there last Summer, he lived with us, near our house, our childred petted him. He was the family pet. But to come with us means to geld them as he can not live in our herd without making babies all the time and we're riders, not breeders.
It's a hard decision then and only final this Summer when we see him again. Khamseh was the sire of Bint Palmira and is the sire of Abu Khamseh, multiple endurance champ in 2006. I am still trying to maybe get a female out of that line, Khamseh and Hashem combined, preferably with Palimira damline because of the extra super characters.

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#74 Nasiri

Nasiri

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

If I did not read the posts of Hansi on this and other forums I would have deprived myself of a lot of knowledge.

Hansi keep on teaching us!  We need it...we don't need to agree on everything other people think or say, but without knowledge or guidance it is impossible to make informed choices.

We should be gratefull that we have Hansi's  and a lot of other peoples research.

Make your choices and aknowledge the amount of work and time spend on our wonderful Straight Egyptian horses.

Thanks to the researches that saves us a lot of time and teaches us.

Paul

#75 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

If I did not read the posts of Hansi on this and other forums I would have deprived myself of a lot of knowledge.

Hansi keep on teaching us!  We need it...we don't need to agree on everything other people think or say, but without knowledge or guidance it is impossible to make informed choices.

We should be gratefull that we have Hansi's  and a lot of other peoples research.

Make your choices and aknowledge the amount of work and time spend on our wonderful Straight Egyptian horses.

Thanks to the researches that saves us a lot of time and teaches us.

Paul

Dear Paul

Thanks for the comments. I will never give up educating and helping others, that's my nature anyway.

IOnce more I need to repeat that I C AN ALWAYS BACK MY STATEMENTS UP. If I find something is wrong, I for certain will mention it and clear it up.

take care

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users