• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Small breeders of Straight Egyptian/Al Khamsa Arabians. Standing the El Halimaar son Latif El Halimaar and his son EA Asaalah. Breeding program centers around El Halimaar and Prince Ibn Shaikh lines combined with Ramses Fayek lines. Occasional horses offered for sale.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

A herd of 16-18 horses were recently taken from a farm in Northern WV and are now available for placement in new homes. These horses will be SE/ER/AK bloodlines. There are stallions, mares and foals. Most still need identified, which the rescue organization is trying to remedy. For more info and pics, please contact equinerescue@live.com .

Horses were confiscated from a woman named Cindy Shrout for neglect. It is believed that some of the horses may also belong to Rae Kerns of Saba Bloodstock. If you have done business with either woman or are familiar with these farms/horses, please contact the above email with any info you may be able to offer. Obviously if they can identify the horses and retrieve their papers it will help in placements.

I don't know much more than I've stated here, but if you have any questions/comments feel free to share them. I'm just passing this on to try to help.

Angela

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway...." John Wayne

Desert TAG Arabians
Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians
Standing the Stallions Latif El Halimaar & EA Asaalah

Our Herd:
Latif El Halimaar (El Halimaar x Jamala Zaafinah)
EA Asaalah (Latif El Halimaar x Meadow Merata [x Rasmoniet RSI])
Taza Cindy (Shaikh Farida x Ramses Georgina)--
FOR SALE
AVA Amira el Sakr (SA Shaikh al Sakr x Bint Ishtar)
AVA Chelsea Rose (SA Shaikh al Sakr x Bint Ishtar)

Lezah Fasaalah (EA Asaalah x Azalea Farasha)

Visit Our Website! Desert TAG Arabians

Posted Image

#2 desertrat

desertrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Arabian Horses,Bridle Horses, Art, History of all sorts, Film, Music, Drama, Dance, and Literature.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:43 AM

This makes me ill! There are so many good horses in need of homes. The economy and hay prices are creating a "perfect storm" of misfortune. Good Luck to all who can help!

#3 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Small breeders of Straight Egyptian/Al Khamsa Arabians. Standing the El Halimaar son Latif El Halimaar and his son EA Asaalah. Breeding program centers around El Halimaar and Prince Ibn Shaikh lines combined with Ramses Fayek lines. Occasional horses offered for sale.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

I found names of some of the mares on FB; they include: Fulana, Khalida, Safiera, Desperado's Delight, BB Djanka, Amira Majiida, Mirror Magic, HF Vanna Pasha, Chantilly Princess, Kolsuhm, and EH Mira. There are many foals and some mares are in foal.

Pics (very sad) can be found here: http://photobucket.com/sabahorses

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#4 Bay Mare Farm

Bay Mare Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

The mare Fulana passed away this year in WV due to some come of infection I was told this by the owner Sharon Tamplin, when I had inquired about her...very sad...she was a lovely well bred mare.fulana9.jpg

Billy
Billy Williams & Paul Keel

Bay Mare Farm

Stallion:

Zandai Nile Zavon - (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Nile Aziza)

Zandai Issar (*Ansata Ken Rashik x Zandai Zenobia-El Hadiyyah)

Mares:

Krown Princess - (ET Crown Prince x *Ramses Sadaka -Seef)

Bint Maar Juahariel (El Halimaar x Maar Juahariel -Ansata Halim Shah)

Azerii Maar Malak (Richter MH x Maar Juahariel -Ansata Halim Shah)

Zandai Om Zahra (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Zenobia -El Hadiyyah)

Sha Ameera (Anwars Ameer x Sha IQ- ZT Faa IQ)

Tess Trueheart (Prince of The Nile x Moss Hill Sabah)

Gelding:

Zandai Mahfouz (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Zenobia -El Hadiyyah)

#5 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for sharing that info Billy. I wish I had more details on this case, but I'm just gathering what I can find. I am friends with the lady involved with the rescue who is trying to find homes for the horses, and the big obstacle right now is properly identifying the horses involved with the seizure and retrieving their papers. There is also an issue of who exactly the horses belong to (legally) and if any were leased. So, it gets complicated. However, I do believe some of these horses are well-bred animals of potential and I hope all the horses are placed in loving, caring homes.

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#6 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Angela the straight mares for the most part belong to Sharon Tamplin, I believe she wants her horses back.

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#7 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Thanks Heidi. I was told that some of the horses were possibly leased from another farm. I don't know Sharon, or many details on this case, so can't comment further than what I've already said (which wasn't much...LOL). I did visit Saba about ten years ago, and was actually given a tour by Cindy Shrout. A year or so later we had Rae Kerns (owner of Saba) do a photoshoot of a stallion we owned at the time. That's the only interaction I've had with either lady. I should reiterate that the horses were seized from Cindy Shrout's farm, not Rae's. However, considering the two women have worked together and passed horses back and forth (to my understanding) it is reasonable (IMO) that the rescue look into whether some of the horses could be owned by Rae. I know placing the horses in new homes will be easier if they can be identified.

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#8 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

I've heard, e-mailed with Sharon I believe she is making efforts to get her horses back as they are able to travel.

#9 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

I would think if she has a lease contract it shouldn't be hard to get her horses back once they are in good enough condition to travel. That should lessen the load on the rescue so they can concentrate on placing the remaining horses.

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#10 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Classical music, Arabians ... SEs in particular ... sporting type, Saluki Hounds, Cockatoos.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

I would think if she has a lease contract it shouldn't be hard to get her horses back once they are in good enough condition to travel. That should lessen the load on the rescue so they can concentrate on placing the remaining horses.

Seems logical, but not necessarily so. It all depends on the individual judge, the rescue, and how overcrowded the rescue might be.

We've had several cases in this area where the judge and the rescue took the stance that the lessor should have kept up with the condition of the horses they leased out and if they did not, then they were considered to be as negligent as the lessee, and equally to blame for their condition. The same went for horses that were under purchase contracts and not fully paid for yet. The horses were all awarded to the rescue and the rescue refused to allow them to go back to the owner(s) who had leased them out or to whom full purchase payment had not been made.

We have helped a couple of lessors transport their horses away from deteriorating situations before they became critical and the horses might be seized. With all the overcrowding in rescues now, there may be a better chance for people to get their rightfully owned horses back after a seizure ... or maybe not.

EDITED TO ADD

Just saw this statement in the last paragraph under an album of pics of these horses that was posted today

"This leaves 19 horses in need. NO previous owners will be recouping horses." (Direct quote)
Sharon Jackson
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#11 calicoarab52

calicoarab52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:race/sporthorses, bad kitties.Labrador retrievers, country /celtic music and blues rock.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Wow, some of those photos are just gut wrenching.

#12 desertrat

desertrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Arabian Horses,Bridle Horses, Art, History of all sorts, Film, Music, Drama, Dance, and Literature.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

sigh..........................

#13 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

I've talked via e-mail to the rescue and none of the horses are being returned to their former owners and are up for adoption.

#14 sdlarabians

sdlarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Really? Will they have their papers?
Alison

Shear D-Lite Arabians
Breedres of PERFORMANCE Straight Egyptians
http://sheardlitearabians.com/

Standing at stud: El Rashiid MA (El Majiid x Maar-Riana [*El Mareekh])

"El Rashiid MA is bred generations deep to sire beautiful athletes" ~ Arlene Magid

#15 firepanther

firepanther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:I am interesting in horses of all kinds and would like to continue learning about SE Arabians. I enjoy reading, writing, drawing and doing things outdoors.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

So..horses that were leased to this farm will not be returned to the people who actually own them? I'm curious as to why, this doesn't make sense to me

#16 albodour

albodour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I am going through all the posts and am answering them as I read

#1 Sharon Tamplin is a liar. Fulana had to be put down because of the tumors she had, she was unable to foal. You would think a VETERINARIAN would know this about her own horse and would NEVER have sent that horse for a breeding lease???

#2 Interesting how everyone is soooo concerned about the papers...shouldn't the main focus be on good homes???

#3 The horses were NOT seized from my farm. I DO NOT OWN A FARM. The horses were located at Rae Kern's farm and were seized from there.

#4 Angie you stated that I gave you a tour of Rae's farm. Of all the years Rae had horses at the farm the ONLY time they looked good were those years I was the one caring for them. After I left is when things started getting bad there.

Okay here's the facts. Only 15 of the horses taken were taken from me. The rest belonged to Rae Kerns. In fall 2010 I leased this group of horses from Sharon Tamplin of Magic Image Arabians. Herself under investigation for animal cruelty. I had a good job and thought I would be able to handle their care. 1 month later the company I worked for lost several clients and they had no work for me. I immediately contacted Sharon to take her horses back. She refused. From then until the horses were taken I begged Sharon to take them and she never did. I did everything I could to care for them. At one time Sharon said she had someone bringing hay for HER horses and the hay NEVER ARRIVED. Sharon says that she had people contact me to get the horses, this is a lie. I was NEVER contacted by anyone referred to me by her. NEVER. Mr. Gee of Hampshire County Animal Control has been fully aware of my situation with these horses and how I was trying to get them back to their owner from the beginning. I have always been honest and upfront with him and everyone else in regards to them and the situation. Also, Mr. Gee had been out to inspect the horses and NEVER found a need to take them, not until someone else contacted him.

I was helping Rae Kerns find homes for some of her horses. A woman contacted me about Khe Ala Karim, I explained the situation to her and send her information about him. She then contacted an equine rescue in her area that contacted Mr Gee. He went to Rae Kern's farm and inspected all the horses on her farm. He said he wanted all my horses and that if I didn't give them all to him he was going to charge me. Of course I gave them to him. He also inspected Rae's horses and didn't take any of her's. Even though when my horses were taken, Rae send some of her's along with mine. I had 15 horses not 19 like it says in the newspaper. All others over 15 belonged to Rae. What is interesting is the fact that the horse, Khe Ala Karim, that the initial call was made for, Mr. Gee LEFT in Rae's possession. Another horse he inspected and didn't take was so bad that it died 2 days later.
I am absolutely not saying I am not to blame. I took on more than I could handle and I trusted people that I shouldn't have. I guess I'm naive that way. You can not know the ordeal I went though this last year. I felt like my hands were tied. I begged Sharon to let me give the horses away and she refused. And since they didn't belong to me I didn't feel I had the right to give away someone else's horses. And I couldn't just stop caring for them so I did the very best that I could. I took every cent I had to care for them. Even money alotted for rent.

People say if you knew this and you knew that about how the horses were being taken care of by Rae then why didn't you do something? Well the fact is there were MANY MANY people besides me that knew the situation and no one did anything. I want to ask any of you, if someone you considered a friend for so many years, or a relative, was doing something wrong...would it be so easy for you to turn them in? If you say yes then most of you are liars.

Oh and Heidi who sent me the nasty email. Sharon says when she got the horses from you that most of them were in really bad condition...???? What's that saying about Glass Houses??? I know she's a liar....but I don't really know you.....

Cindy Shrout

#17 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

Well Cindy, Sharon never got a horse from me except one I sold her the rest came from the Tubel farm. I never sent you an e-mail so wth are you talking about.I assume you mean a young woman named Heather. You came on here bragging about mares you had in foal instead of asking for money for food. I'd be damned if I would have internet and not money to feed my horses, these horses had been starved off and on most of their lives.This is Fulana before she was rescued out of Iowa.

Attached Thumbnails

• pic002.jpg

#18 Desert Tag Arabians

Desert Tag Arabians

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

I am trying to swear off drama, and this sounds like a whole lotta drama to me...but...I posted this topic to help the horses. I'd love to see all of them go to loving, caring homes. I mentioned paperwork because, whether you like it or not Cindy, having clear (and signed) registration papers helps. Whether selling or adopting out, even if just for a family trail horse, pet, or whatever, is easier if the horse has papers. That's just a fact, whether you may agree with it or not.

I could say a lot more about this, but I'll hold my tongue for now. If there are more horses owned by Rae or whomever in the same condition we saw in those photos, someone needs to speak up and see to it they are also rescued.
  • WindCzar likes this

Desert TAG Arabians

Our Herd:
FOR SALE

Posted Image

#19 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

I would be concerned about papers even in a rescue situation such as yours. I have been offered more than 1 free horse - some SE's - but have turned them down because I don't have a use for that horse in particular. I have a rescue mare, a papered SE, who will eat hay, grain and grass for the rest of her life but she wouldn't be adopted if she weren't a proven SE as I want to do my part for our horses - even if so small as 1 horse at a time. If you care about your horses, the 15 you had taken away, then supply the paperwork so they go into preservation homes that will at least respect them for what they are. Besides, there are people who do breed responsibly or train and compete and papers are instumental in keeping their heritage and allowing them to be an official part of the Arabian community post-neglect.
  • Roze and WindCzar like this

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#20 Katy

Katy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

This community is very sad. We say, "How could this happen? Why did you not ask for help?" then we attack when things get bad and horses are taken. Is it no wonder people don't step forward and say they need help?

But for the Grace of God, there go I
  • M Huprich likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users