4 replies to this topic

#1 egyptiandream

egyptiandream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

I'm cross posting this from ABN, This poor guy.

http://forums.arabia...ern-california/

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 PM
Hi Guys! There currently is a bay arabian stallion at a local animal shelter that's down the street from my office. According to the animal shelter, he's 12. He's incredibly malnourished and was found wandering around Muscoy, Ca. Normally with horses they do closed bids, but because of his current state, they would rather find him a home. They're trying to give me as much information that they can, however there's not a lot to go on.I'm posting pics of him. Maybe someone can ID him. He's about 14.3 hands and from the looks of it, he's been trained for halter. It broke my heart when the shelter attendant put his halter on him and as she was talking to me she was standing in front of him and holding the lead out. He stood up for her and pivotted his left hind leg. I was told, they "need to find him a home in the next few days." I'm going to stop by again after work tomorrow. Here's the info for the shelter: 333 Chandler Place, San Bernardino, Ca. (909) 384-1304 ask for Jessica in dispatch. You probably heard on the news that San Bernadino City is going through bankruptcy. I can't imagine them being too generous when it comes to keeping him very long. That's not a scare tactic. It's just the reality of the situation.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image

#2 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:www.wolffphotography.nl, war crimes, Desert bred Arabians, Sheykh Obeyd and Babson Arabians.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

heartbreaking...why are horses abandoned like this..

Nasheeta Arabians

home of
Abu Dhabi (Djinn x Pax), Manara Samira r.i.p. (Masada Massoud x Matara Saafana), Zabira Atya (Ebony Rumaadi x Bach Raisa),
Fadra (Neapolitano XXIX-22 x Maestoso XLVI-3), a), Kuhaylat Imzaa (Antar el Elamal x Impress CS), Shennah BLA (Renoir MBI x Suraha KSI)

Proud owner of miniature mare NOVA stables Carissa (Falabella)

Have a look at www.nasheeta.com

and home of

The Samira Foundation, a sacntuary for old, formerly abandonned and abused arabian mares. Currently offering a home to Ber Parabola, Razade des Belles, Sarafeh, Aronda Star r.i.p. , Prinses Dalmea r.i.p., Dizzy Devil, Impress CS and Flaxman's Ophelia. Donations most welcome!

www.facebook.com/stichtingsamira

co-author (with Ms Saskia Klaassen) of "Impressions" a manual to arabian bloodlines in The Netherlands

#3 karin

karin

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

I truly hope he will get a five star home soon!

#4 egyptiandream

egyptiandream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

This horse was adopted. And not a moment to soon. I hooked up my trailer and drove down to so cal. I was already going there on business. lucky for me I received a text on the way that he had found a home with an Arab lover.

I'm so very happy he has found a forever home. This guy deserved it. His picture are truly heart breaking.

#5 desertrat

desertrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Arabian Horses,Bridle Horses, Art, History of all sorts, Film, Music, Drama, Dance, and Literature.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users