2 replies to this topic

#1 DKZ

DKZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Yesterday afternoon we were talking and I'm a little ashamed to say, we realised we hadn't ridden a certain one of our broodmares in almost two years. We decided to pull her out of the pasture saddle her up and take her for a short ride. She quickly got used to my weight and rode like a dream. What other breed could you give two years off and with no ground work again just get on and ride. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  • diane, VanAlma, Nasheeta and 1 other like this

#2 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:www.wolffphotography.nl, war crimes, Desert bred Arabians, Sheykh Obeyd and Babson Arabians.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

They are special indeed. Yesterday the rain showers kept on going and it was hard to do my usual routine. so I sat down in the open shelter stable and started singing. My 20 years old mare Parabola came to me and put her lips on my forehead which felt like a bless-kissing and then her chin on my shoulder. what a special moment it was.

Nasheeta Arabians

home of
Abu Dhabi (Djinn x Pax), Manara Samira r.i.p. (Masada Massoud x Matara Saafana), Zabira Atya (Ebony Rumaadi x Bach Raisa),
Fadra (Neapolitano XXIX-22 x Maestoso XLVI-3), a), Kuhaylat Imzaa (Antar el Elamal x Impress CS), Shennah BLA (Renoir MBI x Suraha KSI)

Proud owner of miniature mare NOVA stables Carissa (Falabella)

Have a look at www.nasheeta.com

and home of

The Samira Foundation, a sacntuary for old, formerly abandonned and abused arabian mares. Currently offering a home to Ber Parabola, Razade des Belles, Sarafeh, Aronda Star r.i.p. , Prinses Dalmea r.i.p., Dizzy Devil, Impress CS and Flaxman's Ophelia. Donations most welcome!

www.facebook.com/stichtingsamira

co-author (with Ms Saskia Klaassen) of "Impressions" a manual to arabian bloodlines in The Netherlands

#3 Windfall

Windfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Well, I had a special moment yesterday. Our mare, Dameera, is 2nd in the pecking order of our 2-horse mare herd. In other words, she's last. Rapture, the alpha mare is totally dominant: 1st to the gate, takes her choice of hay piles, etc. Poor Dameera has to stand back when anyone visits at the pasture fence because Rapture wants all the attention. My work schedule has been extreme the past 2 weeks and my husband, who's retired (and the best!), has been doing all the feeding chores alone. So I hadn't really seen or visited the horses during that time. Well, yesterday, I took a break as I was in need of some horse therapy! So, I went to feed up with Terry. As we walked toward the barn, Dameera saw me and came trotting to the fence, bravely passing by Rapture, who looked stunned! We immediately noticed Dameera was a bit lame as she trotted, so I got concerned. But she seemed so happy to see me and it was clear she had really missed me as I caressed her face! What a lift to my spirits! As soon as I got her in her stall, I picked and examined all her feet and found nothing. This morning she trotted out to her hay, perfectly fine. I wonder if she was just trying to get my attention, feigning injury! Anyway, she let me know she missed me and I know I really missed them. Seems such a simple thing in the telling but if you knew these 2 mares you'd know why it was such a special moment for me.
  • desertrat likes this
Terry & Constance Arnett
Windfall Arabians
Henrico, VA
(804)795-1954

El Rhaqiis DSA 2001 SE Stallion (El Majiid x Rhalah by Ibn Shaikh)
Rapture DSA 1998 SE Mare (Fakim El Mareekh x Rhalah by Ibn Shaikh)
Dameera DSA 2000 SE Mare (Harakka x Delha by Dalul)

www.windfallarabians.org

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users