New To The Forum, Se's In Oklahoma Usa

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 almahab

almahab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Pedigree Research, Straight Egyptian Arabian breeding & Recreational Riding, Show & Equestrian sport, Reading, Arabian horse promotion

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hello, everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I am a lifelong enthusiast of the Arabian horse. I have a small, carefully selected group of SE, Al Khamsa horses. I am a rider, so my paramount focus is on temperament as it translates into trainabiity and rideability. (The only "spooky" horse on our property is my husband's paint mare!) :D

I have a new and exciting SE stallion that is going nicely under saddle now as a three year old, and I can't wait to bring him home in about a month and begin riding him! I have three sons that keep me busy in sports and other extra-curricular activities. I've done some showing in the past and plan to get back into it somewhat, but my first love is long, relaxing trail rides, the best way to enjoy the countryside in my opinion!

I'm looking forward to meeting other Egyptian Arabian enthusiasts and hope to make a great contribution to the Al Khamsa group of horses through my breeding program. I bred Egyptian crosses years ago and have found my ideal type within the SE, Al Khamsa lines. All of our foundation horses are under saddle.
  • sdlarabians, Cheryl L, VanAlma and 2 others like this
Al Mahab Arabians
Standing at Stud 2013:
Bashyr Ali Safeen
SE, Al Khamsa son of Israeli Nat'l Champion, and multiple champion "Most Classic", AA Al Bashyr

http://www.almahab.net

~A new idea is not necessarily the best idea.~

#2 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Nice to meet you. Seems there are quite a few SE/AK enthusiasts in OK. Where about are you? I'm right over the line in Arkansas and have been to OK to a few places. I don't mind travelling :)

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#3 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Welcome

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#4 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Enjoyed visiting your website and seeing the pedigrees of your horses, and reading your feelings about horses under saddle, and their intelligence and their super behavior. I got to see Imperial Imdal and Ansata Halim Shah in 1985 at the EE, and also Ibn Hafiza at Green Mountain in Oregon in 1981. Saw El Majiid and his full brother in California when younger, and also have video of El Majiid and maybe your mare or her dam?? at Mose Arabians in Michigan. I will look and see. I followed El Majiid for many years, as I had an Ansata Ibn Sudan son, and was interested in that line, plus many of what you have in your stallion and in your mare. You have some different lines that are not seen that often, and I like the look of both of your horses. Welcome here to this website. :)

#5 karin

karin

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Very welcome here and it is a joy to read that you breed Al Khamsa horses and ride them!

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

Hi Lisa!

EB has such a great group of posters.

We are so thrilled and honored to know that our Ali's Zaafinahs son Bashyr Ali Safeen is in such a superb loving home1

Welcome and please keep us all posted on your beautiful Arabians.

K.R. Lisa @ Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#7 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Classical music, Arabians ... SEs in particular ... sporting type, Saluki Hounds, Cockatoos.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Welcome ... there are, indeed, quite a few of us here in OK.
Sharon Jackson
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#8 sdlarabians

sdlarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Welcome! El Majiid get have a special place in my heart. We have a son, El Rashiid MA.
Alison

Shear D-Lite Arabians
Breedres of PERFORMANCE Straight Egyptians
http://sheardlitearabians.com/

Standing at stud: El Rashiid MA (El Majiid x Maar-Riana [*El Mareekh])

"El Rashiid MA is bred generations deep to sire beautiful athletes" ~ Arlene Magid

#9 almahab

almahab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Pedigree Research, Straight Egyptian Arabian breeding & Recreational Riding, Show & Equestrian sport, Reading, Arabian horse promotion

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hello everyone! Thanks for your kind welcome. We are just East of OKC. I got B. Ali Safeen home a few weeks ago and have ridden him. I am so pleased with him. He is still young and likes to play a bit under saddle. I'm wondering if anyone near me is into racing? There's an old timer that I met who breeds thoroughbreds and has been into the racing scene for fifty some years and he and I got talking about the "original" racehorse. It seems there are Arabian races in Texas... This is something that I think my stallion would enjoy, as his favorite thing is to race down the long runs of board fence in the turnout pasture.

He's just three and still growing, so I won't put him in a flat race until he's at least four. Just my way... I know they race three year olds. There are options. :)

Sdlarabians, I replied to your post on Rocky... My Shams Majiida has a multi-champion son, her only one shown to date. She will be bred to my boy in the spring... I wanted him ridden before breeding. I cannot express how special my El Majiid daughter is. I truly wish I could have known him. I had the pleasure of seeing both of Shams Majiida's offspring when I bought her. Her filly is exceptional, a hidden gem truly. Her son is as sweet and quiet as his mother, and although he isn't shown under saddle I believe they trail ride him. Majiida hadn't been ridden for about ten years when I bought her and was just green broke... I rode her bareback in a halter!

I'll write more later, fellow Okies, and others on the board, it's great to hear from all of you!

• zeplinsmom likes this
Al Mahab Arabians
Standing at Stud 2013:
Bashyr Ali Safeen
SE, Al Khamsa son of Israeli Nat'l Champion, and multiple champion "Most Classic", AA Al Bashyr

http://www.almahab.net

~A new idea is not necessarily the best idea.~

#10 acoxarabs

acoxarabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Welcome to Oklahoma!  There are several SE/AK owners & breeders here near you.  My self & Sharon Jackson are in the OKC area.  Joseph Bayer is just east of you, near Prague.  Looking forward to meeting you!    Diane

Diane Acox
acoxarabs@att.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users