4 replies to this topic

#1 BettyK

BettyK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

How sickening is this...A friend forwarded this information to me. I don't know any of the horses involved although the stallion described is a son of Ravenwood Qahtahn who I now own. I could provide information and photos of Qahtahn if anyone is interested. They want $2,500 for each of the mares; an Equinenow.com ad lists them at $2,200. Surely they will go for much less if the situation is as dire as it appears to be. Here's the text of the e-mail:

Please send this along to whomever you can:

I don't know where to go with this exactly. These two mares and stallion need to find new homes ASAP. They are all Straight Egyptian. They all have decent pedigrees.

Mare #1

RR KHURAFA ALBADI 1999 Chestnut Mare #0579482

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/rr+khurafa+albadi

Mare #2

RAVENWOOD WISHES 2000 Bay Mare #0576858

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ravenwood+wishes

Stallion

LL IBN KAREEM 2005 Bay Stallion #0621980

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ll+ibn+kareem

What I have to say isn't necessarily nice, but true. These horses were part of a herd dispersal at the end of 2007 into the spring of 2008. Their owner got cancer and we tried to quickly move over twenty five head of horses. There were a few remaining horses that went to his son. NOT A HORSE PERSON. But he thinks he is. His dad passed away in early 2008. That year a foal was born "out in a ditch" and died presumably of hypothermia. The following year, a 2008 filly died after getting "caught up in the fence" (the found her dead) and a 2007 colt died from "being gelded too young" (they found him dead). In 2010, a 2008 colt was castrated and abscessed out his flank which drained for months. He is still alive. He actually belongs to a cousin who is way out in California. Doesn't get to see all of this. This 2008 colt is a replacement for the 2007 colt, which the cousin didn't know was dead for several months, even though he continued to pay board on him. Now, no one died last year, but the stallion got seriously injured in the fall, after "accidentally" getting a mare pregnant in the summer. Fences aren't too good over there.

The stallion goes free to a good home. His injury will require more care. He is still able to breed, but not be able to show for aesthetic reasons. Riding is at the discretion of the new buyer. He is not broke to ride.

The mares are available $5000 for the pair or make an offer. Neither are broke to ride. Both have had foals with no foaling issues and are good moms.

The strong concern is that the son is moving out of state for employment and may abandon the horses as he has no way to transport them and nowhere to go with them. He has already indicated that he will abandon his property if it isn't sold by the time he leaves. I am not trying to cause a stir with the owner. I would like to quickly and quietly find these horses a home they deserve. If you can help, please do so, pass this along, whatever you can. There are videos of the horses on You Tube. Search the horses names. The videos are not current. I am trying to get some decent pictures. Bare with me.

Christine Rogers
www.kampalaarabians.com

Betty K.

Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela)
Ravenwood Qahtahn (Qahtahn x Ravenwood Gemmone)
El Ghorab Sneferu (GAF Mosaad x Stonehedge Fateza) - Sadly lost 6/6/10
Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11
Misty Sue (Tuhotmos x Aramasumara) - Our first Arabian and missed so very much (1975-2004)

#2 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

I like the pedigree on the first mare. Any pics?

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#3 BettyK

BettyK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

I like the pedigree on the first mare. Any pics?

There are a couple of videos; here are the links:

Chestnut mare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzVlVakgKhU&feature=player_embedded
Betty K.

Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11
Misty Sue (Tuhotmos x Aramasumara) - Our first Arabian and missed so very much (1975-2004)

#4 BettyK

BettyK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

The bay stallion:

Betty K.

#5 BettyK

BettyK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

The bay mare, Ravenwood Wishes:

There are a couple of other videos of the mares when they were yearlings that can be viewed by doing a search on youtube.
Betty K.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users