Photo

Can Someone Tell Me Who Actually Has Se Mares Who Are Under Saddle?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 drquinndsa

drquinndsa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Not just green broke at 10 years old but actually doing something competitively or solidly going down trail, and at perhaps 6 or 7 years old? Just wondering.

#2 valley horse center

valley horse center

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

There's a Glorieta Gazal dtr, I think she's under 10yo- well broke trail horse, etc. for sale in the Bay Area Equestrian Network.. and ONLY $1000!

Jodi Tuft
Valley Horse Center
www.valleyhorsecenter.com

Posted Image

#3 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

I've got some that are great trail horses but they are not 6-7 years old.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#4 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

Me too. I have one who has been under saddle since she was four and has been my favorite riding horse ever since, and she is now 20

Posted Image

#5 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

My mare is now 11 - she's earned her Legion of Honor, competed through 2nd level dressage and earned a few Horse of the Year titles. She is now pregnant with her first foal, we're hoping her foal will follow her footsteps into the show ring.

Here's a link to her page with her whole competition record:

http://rozearabians..../Nile Roze.html
  • M Huprich and zeplinsmom like this

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Nile Roze+

(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

Noble Kamara

(Imperial Al Kamar x Imperial Sahrapha)
2000 Straight Egyptian Mare

Rest In Peace:

Amer Azhaar

(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

http://www.rozearabians.com

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Sadly pic's of my mares won't Upload.

Our SE Safeen daughter MB Zareena is my trail mare, her daughter Ali's Zaafinah rides as well, ( both started & trained by myself.)

Her second SE foal who is now 5 is a SHIH Class A winner, trail rides numerous X's weekly, has done Beach rides and local under saddle classes. Tayna Sanderson Amir Al Ahlams new owner was a great nick for our home grown SE boy.

Also Ali's Zaafinah's SE son rides, he was bred by Paradise Egyptian stud while "Fina" was out on lease. His name is Bashyr Ali Safeen, now owned by Lisa Weinrich and standing @ Al Mahab Arabains. He has been under saddle for 60+ day's.

You can see more pic's of my mares on our Site.

Attached Files

• almahab and zeplinsmom like this

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#7 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Classical music, Arabians ... SEs in particular ... sporting type, Saluki Hounds, Cockatoos.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

My mare MNX Phoenix Rising was shown AHA under saddle by her former owner at the Class A and Regional level. She was qualified for nationals in HP. Casey & I just hack her a little bit now. My other SE
mare, DP Black Monique was started solidly as a youngster.. We've started working with her again (her sire is/was successful at 3rd level Dressage).

• zeplinsmom likes this
Sharon Jackson
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#8 WindCzar

WindCzar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, Horses, Family History

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

My mare MNX Phoenix Rising was shown AHA under saddle by her former owner at the Class A and Regional level. She was qualified for nationals in HP. Casey & I just hack her a little bit now. My other SE
mare, DP Black Monique was started solidly as a youngster.. We've started working with her again (her sire is/was successful at 3rd level Dressage).

You are so lucky to have an MNX horse. Nancy is a great person and she bred some fabulous horses!
Julie
Facebook: WindCzar Arabians
Click Here to Email Me

Willing to sale any of our horses
Stallion: Galaxy I Kuhaylan Ajuz in Strain (RA Jahim [Nabiel x Masarra] x Etnasha [*Sultann x Yathreb])Tail-female Nazeera
Mares:
NightWind Serenade wz Pure in Strain Kuhaylan Ajuz (Galaxy I [See Above] x Antaras BintRabha [*Sultann x *Lancers Rabha (x Kayed)])
LL Mystique (Sultann El Saud [*Sultann x *Lancers Nora (x Kayed)] x Chal-Petra [Ferseyn, Gazi, & 3 crosses to *Mirage])

#9 DKZ

DKZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I think you'll find many of us actually have our broodmares undersaddle. You just don't hear about them because for one reason or another we don't compete except locally. I've many times invited people out for their first ride (ever, or in many years) so yep, they're well broke. For some reason I've found our mares are much better with an inexperienced rider than our geldings. They take their duties of taking care of their rider very seriously. The geldings are a little more ;) playful or silly on the trail.

Why the original post, are you looking for a broodmare in that range that is going well under saddle and can't find one? (I actually don't have one for sale that's in the the 6-10 year range, so I'm not trying to sell you one, just curious) Or are you just discouraged that it seems no one is actually riding their mares?

#10 sdlarabians

sdlarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Yep, we had one too. She is now sold and will be shown in halter and under saddle I believe.

Attached File  RLF_3755a.JPG   228.83KB   0 downloads
Alison

Shear D-Lite Arabians
Breedres of PERFORMANCE Straight Egyptians
http://sheardlitearabians.com/

Standing at stud: El Rashiid MA (El Majiid x Maar-Riana [*El Mareekh])

"El Rashiid MA is bred generations deep to sire beautiful athletes" ~ Arlene Magid

#11 Jaliisah

Jaliisah

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

My beautiful Juahara is under saddle though I really don't ride anymore. Nevertheless, she is not for sale at any price. My friend at Al Zafar Egyptians has a big, beautiful grey mare, Maaraliha, who is often ridden on trails but she is 15. The horses with a little age are generally better riding horses, but since they can often be ridden well into their twenties, a few years of age shouldn't be that critical.

#12 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

I agree. I don't ever really like any horse under saddle until they have a 2 digit age and I don't care what breed they are. Having said that, I have a 9 y/o, a 12 y/o and an 18 y/o that are wonderful to ride.  Some have more strengths than others but that's the case with every horse.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#13 Jaliisah

Jaliisah

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

The same friend has a black SE mare that she has been trail riding for years. Terrific mare! She was under saddle at four or five. The only time my friend doesn't ride her is when she takes her old SE stallion. He was a wonderful show hack horse in his younger days and has been a great trail horse for many years. Both of her mares are his daughters and both are good trail mounts and have been for years. The only reason they aren't shown is that her showing days are over and her son, who showed the stallion show hack, is grown and gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users