6 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk

Hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

On the application for registration of a foal, there are blocks to mark if parti feet are present on one or all four of the hoofs. One is supposed to draw the feet, dark marks also, as they are on the horse, just like white markings are supposed to be marked on the face or other parts of the body, like a sabino, etc. Are the registration papers supposed to reflect ALL the markings that are drawn on the application for registration, including parti feet?

#2 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Yes, from my understanding, identifying that is a part of it.
I wish they would smarted up and do pics instead.

Kate Smutnick
Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#3 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Yes. At least, they do here in Canada, including whorls.

Posted Image

#4 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

They don' ask you to draw the hoof markings, just check the right box.

#5 Hawk

Hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

I did both, marked the appropriate box and drew the black on the drawing of the hoof. On the registration papers, neither was reflected. It was not on the drawing nor in the narrative, MARKINGS:, that she had parti feet. It only stated the white on her face.
With the only one experience I have had with Canadian papers, they are GREAT. They reflected EVERYTHING on both horses, including roaning in the flanks, white belly spot, white spot on the gaston of one, excellent on the uneven white markings on the feet: just can't say enough good about how they identify their horses. I have heard that a passport for a horse identifies everything about that horse, including whorls, like you are describing. I would bet Canadian papers are pretty close.
Any suggestions? Should I send the papers back to AHA for correction?
I agree, photos would be great.
Martha

#6 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

I think I would call and ask them about it anyhow. Here, if you send papers in for correction ( I had one where they had reversed the leg markings) they require you to send four pics......front, back, and both sides, with the legs positioned so that they can see the inside of the legs in the back of the photos.
Cathy

Posted Image

#7 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Nobody tries to show the markings on a hoof - they are either black, white, or parti-colored. The word "parti-colored" covers any and all variations of the black/white striped hoof. Sometimes there are so many black stripes that you would never get them all, exactly, anyway. Just check the box for the appropriate feet and you're good to go. :)
  • WindCzar and M Huprich like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users