133 replies to this topic

#1 EEA

EEA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

What happened to SE.com? Is it dead? Where do I get to the thousands of valuable posts and information? How about my own intellectual property I supported the site with over the years?

#2 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, Art, Spirituality, Design (Interior,Fashion and Ad Design), Creative Cooking, Growing Flowers, Learning, Family and True Friendship.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Those are very good questions! There was a great amount of valuable information contained in those archives...I have a feeling that it's all gone now, but I truly hope that I'm wrong.
  • starbright likes this

#3 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

I also hope that all the years of information are not gone. It would be very sad if it is.
  • Cheryl L and starbright like this

Posted Image

#4 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

What happened to SE.com? Is it dead? Where do I get to the thousands of valuable posts and information? How about my own intellectual property I supported the site with over the years?

Yes, I understand. I posted over 10,000 times with what I think often valuable information.
That is MY property and I just wonder how we can retrieve it.
Some I printed out, and on one issue I have over 1000 pages on a particular subject.

Hansi
  • starbright likes this
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#5 Desert Heritage

Desert Heritage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

It is strange how the people who fought tooth and nail to gain control of that website, have destroyed it. :(
  • Nadj Al Nur, maxhopemime, Suellen Taylor and 4 others like this

#6 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

It is strange how the people who fought tooth and nail to gain control of that website, have destroyed it. :(

Yes they have. HUndreds OF US, RESEARCHERS, BREEDERS, OWNERS contributed and than were confronted with unacceptable methods, we simply could not accept.'

It was Heidi and her associates who gave us a chance again, and it worked out well. the problem is many people internationally watch this program (I know, they refer to it when I am in the ME) and some got fed up with the stalking (towards myself) the bickering. Heidi did a penominal jog, straight forward, honest and fair to all. I am so sorry that she no longer is the monitor, although Karin does well, she is NOT Heidi.

Like most likely many of you I watch the international scene. Just got a price list in from the german rEgistry and almost brought up.
How on earth can they help the smaller breeders. It is absolutely, positively unacceptable and INSANE! to any "fair minded people",
If this be done here they at once be closed down and a fair registry established.
Can you imagine paying EUro 125 PER YEAR for your stallions and EUOR 30.- per year for your females. every year?
I guess we truly have to thank AHRA to keep things in tune. aND THEN THERE ARE MULTIPLE OTHER CHARGES, totally unrealistic, unfair and with it killing the Arabian Horse breed at least in Germany. While the large breeders can afford it, the small ones cant.
Problem is some large breeders are unfairly promoted, dont even have the horses many smaller breeders do, but
get away with millions of Euros or Dollars,
People have a voice, not all use it, but when enough is enough they will. And that voice IS INTERNATIONAL heard.

Unless we all voice up here, look at all matters, and object or contribute as to our choice, the Arabian Horse will only be seen in books or a Museum.

Just my Opinion Folks
Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#7 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

I am still a moderator here, just had a knee replacement and an rekooperating finding new muscles in my leg has been extremely painful.
  • Al Rukkabah likes this

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#8 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yep, it's such a loss to the community to lose all of that information and those pictures.
  • Cheryl L likes this

#9 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

I am still a moderator here, just had a knee replacement and an rekooperating finding new muscles in my leg has been extremely painful.

Thanks Heidi, I did not know, God bless you, heal well and stay on.'
I am not puttingh Karin down, she always tried to do her best.

Hansi
Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#10 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yep, it's such a loss to the community to lose all of that information and those pictures.

Kathy, I dont know the in and outs, but is is Interlectual property of all those who contributed..

May be we should go after the webtite?

Hansi
Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#11 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Maybe the info is not lost. Maybe it is still there, and needs to be fixed, cleaned up, and then retrieved. I agree. Almost everyday I want to look something up there. And I know, that "back in the day" many others from other continents and countries gave input and were reading. So to me it is the loss of not only that info and those memories and those pictures, but also the larger circle of people who were reading and responding to the posts and the threads and the photos. I think a knowledgeable person, after the legal mess is straightened out, could retrieve it and have it there to enjoy and learn from again. It is almost like a "library" of Egyptian info was lost/destroyed/burned. out of selfish behavior, not thinking of the value that info had, not only to us, but to those who are still out there, and who want to learn too.
  • Aimbri and Maysama like this

#12 desertrat

desertrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Arabian Horses,Bridle Horses, Art, History of all sorts, Film, Music, Drama, Dance, and Literature.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Please feel better! Several friends have had this surgery and have been really pleased with the results. But it is a BEAR to do the therapy!

#13 almahab

almahab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Pedigree Research, Straight Egyptian Arabian breeding & Recreational Riding, Show & Equestrian sport, Reading, Arabian horse promotion

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I got so used to hopping on SE.com to look up a photo of horses in pedigrees, and varying opinions about certain lines, offspring, etc. it would be a shame if it was lost but perhaps we can start a photo archive here? I know a lot of people can dig up old photos and pedigree info. I loved having that photograph archive to compare and/ or contrast my present stock with the ancestors. It renews my belief that the desert horse is still alive and well, living on and carrying on this precious blood when you see such similarities of type and conformation.
Al Mahab Arabians
Standing at Stud 2013:
Bashyr Ali Safeen
SE, Al Khamsa son of Israeli Nat'l Champion, and multiple champion "Most Classic", AA Al Bashyr

http://www.almahab.net

~A new idea is not necessarily the best idea.~

#14 jmarcan

jmarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

....I am not necessarily aware of all of the politics within the breed but perhaps the owners of the site might consider donating the files to the Arabian Horse Library at Cal Poly....who knows there might be a tax deduction and at least the information contained within the files would be accessible to researchers in the future even if it is not online. I have noticed that Cal Poly has some really interesting historical footage of Arabs but very very little of the Egyptian bloodlines....
  • ponytail890 likes this

#15 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, Art, Spirituality, Design (Interior,Fashion and Ad Design), Creative Cooking, Growing Flowers, Learning, Family and True Friendship.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

....I am not necessarily aware of all of the politics within the breed but perhaps the owners of the site might consider donating the files to the Arabian Horse Library at Cal Poly....who knows there might be a tax deduction and at least the information contained within the files would be accessible to researchers in the future even if it is not online. I have noticed that Cal Poly has some really interesting historical footage of Arabs but very very little of the Egyptian bloodlines....

That's an excellent suggestion! I would hope that the owners of the site would read this thread and consider doing just that, or something similar. Also, Al Khamsa is working on creating a sort world wide data collection (forgive me, I'm sure that I'm not using exactly the correct title for the project) -- this may also be a consideration for donation. Al Khamsa has proven to be an outstanding steward of historical information and research data, and I would certainly trust them with my own documents, etc.
  • Nadj Al Nur, ponytail890 and almahab like this

#16 Suellen Taylor

Suellen Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Dolls, Royal Doultons and Antique Costume Jewelry

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Oh Heidi..i have great sympathy for you..just finished PT for my fractured patella..did not realize what all knees did..LOL been rough..hang in there!

TOP Of The Hill Arabians

Marshallville GA

Phone: 478-472-6141

Email: tophillarabs@windstream.net

The Gals:

Elegant Dahncer     Mahrdan x Kohlan 1995    Will stay with us for life!

Imdala El Jamaal         Dakharo x Imiella   2005    Bred to Marbeau Le Reve' (My last hurrah????)

The Guys:

Khalid Omar Khayal    GR Shadow x Khalia Spring 2005 (AKA Spunky Bruiser)  With us for life!

#17 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Wish It would be that easy. The posts are the interlectual property of those who posted and such posters would have to give permission, which would include mine with over 10,000 posts issued.

Hansi.
Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#18 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

I don't fully understand the ins and outs of "intelectual property" -- but wonder if it is true that the writers of the posts actually "own" them. Are they the property of the website or the property of the authors? Is there someone here with a comprehensive understanding of how the law works in cases like this?

#19 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Perhaps Heidi could give us some insight about that ???

Posted Image

#20 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

You own your own posts along with the web site. The posts will forever be part of a data base that was once se.com

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users