133 replies to this topic

#21 karin

karin

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

It is indeed a pity that se.com is closed. No exact idea why. A lot of valuble information from many members is lost now. Well maybe the forum will work again one day....

Heidi, all the best with your knee. Don' t do too much. I have had knee operations and patience is very important, however boring! Physiotherapy however is the best you can do.

Karin

#22 Caryn Rogosky

Caryn Rogosky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, Art, Spirituality, Design (Interior,Fashion and Ad Design), Creative Cooking, Growing Flowers, Learning, Family and True Friendship.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

You own your own posts along with the web site. The posts will forever be part of a data base that was once se.com

Okay, thanks for explaining. So if personal posts are co-owned by the website and the authors -- and these are a permanent part of the website database, its interesting that the website has the right to sell the posts (along with the entire database) without the author's permission. On the other hand, that right is probably covered in the membership/posting agreement somehow... but I'm thinking that if they have the right to sell the posts, they probably also have the right to donate them as well?

#23 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

I sold this site, I could no longer afford to keep it running. I'm sure the site could be donated but someone still has to run the site.

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#24 Juniper

Juniper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I had knee surgery too Heidi... long recovery. Only the ACL replaced though.
I have been looking for info once in a whils. Very sad... I should have been saving like Hansi...

#25 ArleneMagid

ArleneMagid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Besides my lifelong passion for Arabian horses which has led to my research and writing being published worldwide, I love houserabbits, cats, dogs and Chinchillas, reading about European history, and travelling to go to art museums and historic sites of interest.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well, now the whole site is down, not just the forums. The site was so much more than just the forums-it had a very valuable photo database with many photos unavailable elsewhere, and the show results of all major international shows with photos going back to 1999. An irreplaceable archive.

I have not seen a huge increase in traffic here since the forums at se.com closed, and I am very surprised at that as this is now the only straight Egyptian message board site...

#26 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

the whole site has been down for a couple of weeks now. It's even disappearing off search engines.

#27 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

https://www.facebook.../kevin.messahel scroll down a bit and read more......

#28 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

like what month? annnnnnnnnd who is this guy?

#29 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

this month, no idea who he is

#30 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I didn't see anything related to se.com this month. In fact there only appear to be two posts.

no idea why you posted his profile and said scroll down and read more. Only two posts for January.

#31 karin

karin

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Me neither. I get lots of emails of people who ask me what is happening with all the valable info on se.com....

#32 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Well imo it should still be sitting on a server somewhere even if we can't see it. UNLESS someone gave the word to delete it.

It's under other ownership right now so really they can do whatever with it. I don't know anyone who's in contact with them.

Robert Gobla is on facebook so someone could ask him what's up. :)

#33 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Raising Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Arabians. Not new to the world of Straight Egyptians, but new to many of you. The primary building blocks for the farm have been *El Mareekh blood crossed onto *Talal, AK Bafadi, Dalul, Imperial Immarouf, Moniet El Sharaf, Misk (Anter) and Mehanna.
    Have available a few foals a year, expecting two this year and breeding most of the mares for next year. Please email me for further information on the bloodlines.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I was wondering what happened to the site.  I hate the thought of all that valuable information on past breedings disappearing.  It was a great research site.  Hopefully, we can get more information about the past horses on this site.  :wub:

Egyptian Star Arabians
www.egyptianstararabians.com
New Farm Blog: www.egyptianstar.blogspot.com
email: egyptianstar@rocketmail.com

Home of Our Wonderful Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Stallions:
El Rameekh Amir (El Saheerh (Ibn El Mareekh x Bint El Mareekh) x Princess Salam (The Egyptian Prince x Talooa))
El Shubann (El Rameekh Amir x Ramses April (Ansata El Nisr x Ramses Bint Hayat))
Star of Saheerh (El Saheerh x Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) Rare Line to Nafa'a, Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Star Dancer (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)....just a beautiful chestnut colt but had to put him in this section

And Our Precious Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Mares:
Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) rare ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Desert Lillie (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Jolie Etoile (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
Shy Marzae (Imperial Immarouf (Ansata Imperial x Glorieta Maarqesa)x Paenaz (Moniet El Sharaf x Zaenap ( *Ibn Hafiza x *Hoyeda))
RHA Egypts Jewel (Hi-Fashion Mreekh (Ibn El Mareekh x Hi-Fashion Hitesa) x Autumn Nadia (The Egyptian Prince x AK Nadiyana))
My Stormee Mareek (El Saheerh x RA Azale (Nabiel x Maranatha Ariana (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x *Bint Soheir II))
Dani Bilal (SEA Ben Ben Bilal (Misk x SEA Mashaallah) x Bint Jamilah (*Farazdac x Jamila Shamahl))
Mia Tahtianna (El Ashkar (Shah El Sun x AK Bint Juahara) x Dani Bilal)
ES Crystal Mareekh (El Shubann x AK Tiffara (Moniet El Sharaf x Tiffaha))
RS Sabrah (*Al Nowasy (Hamid x Shukria) x *Hamasa Samira (Mehanna x Sadya))
ES Dani Bilals Rose (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)

#34 Kesanna Arabians

Kesanna Arabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Horses, of course! Dogs - greyhounds

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hi Everyone:

I'm still quite confused about Straightegyptians.com!!!  Does anyone know what actually happened and why the website is not operative anymore?  Who were the original "Administrators"?  It is an incredible sin that this website is no longer active - it was the "go-to" site to check out information about our Legendary SEA's as well as current information on SEA Farms - Lots of valuable info!  I understand that people are upset about the info that they contributed to the forums over the years and that alone is a wealth of information that is not accessible but where and why has the site disappeared from the internet?  Does anyone know the people who began or administered that site?

#35 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oliver Wibihal and Alexi Busch (in Germany) started the site and ran it very succesfully for many years, till 09. Then they sold it to Jerel Kirby and the Goblas. There began to be a lot of problems with administration and then Jerel took over on his own. It was better for a while and then there was a legal battle and Kelly Gobla took over the site. I think it lasted about a month or so after that...........

• Kathy Bailey, Cheryl L and desertrat like this

Posted Image

#36 desertarabians.com

desertarabians.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Well imo it should still be sitting on a server somewhere even if we can't see it. UNLESS someone gave the word to delete it.

It's under other ownership right now so really they can do whatever with it. I don't know anyone who's in contact with them.

Robert Gobla is on facebook so someone could ask him what's up. :)

Well Kathy,  I did write to him but no response so far..

#37 desertarabians.com

desertarabians.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

According to the father of Kelly she sold it.   Therefore I presume that if someone bought it they did it for the purpose of running it and therefore it should be back.  

I have sent a message to the new owner asking when it will be up and running again.  I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

I imagine we'll have news soon.

Joseph. 

• Kathy Bailey likes this

#38 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Don't suppose you'd care to tell us who that new owner might be?

• Kathy Bailey and Heidi like this

Posted Image

#39 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for the update Joseph. I'm curious to know who the new owners are also.

#40 vclink

vclink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

I had also heard of someone who was interested in buying the site. I advised them to ensure all historical data was included as part of the agreement. Have not heard if the transaction occurred.

Valerie Clinkenbeard

Bloodstone Farms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users