9 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Pyramid Egyptians

Blue Pyramid Egyptians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

In order to save the Nafa'a horses, I must sell them all. It is the most difficult decision I have ever had to make and means the  end of a dream and a life-long commitment. I will try to borrow a camera to get recent pictures of the young ones, the rest are pictured at http://bpeah.com. My contact information is also listed on the site.

#2 DJ Sheldon

DJ Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that you must disperse.  In looking at your website link, I saw that you lost Himself last fall.  I didn't know that and I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I know what it's like to lose a "heart horse", as I lost my Prince Rex in the fall also.  I hope homes can be found for your herd that will continue your dream.   

DJ

• WindCzar likes this

#3 Windfall

Windfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I, too, am very sorry to read of your decision.  I know how much you love these horses and how you've worked to preserve this precious line.  I think most of the hits on my own website are from you graciously having us linked to your own.  I wish you the best and hope your horses will all find homes that give you peace.  

Connie

Terry & Constance Arnett
Windfall Arabians
Henrico, VA
(804)795-1954

El Rhaqiis DSA 2001 SE Stallion (El Majiid x Rhalah by Ibn Shaikh)
Rapture DSA 1998 SE Mare (Fakim El Mareekh x Rhalah by Ibn Shaikh)
Dameera DSA 2000 SE Mare (Harakka x Delha by Dalul)

www.windfallarabians.org

#4 valley horse center

valley horse center

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Everyone should know that she has a LARGE collection of AMAZING and HARD TO FIND books that is also for sale- check her website out!  Help her and

get yourself something special! :)

Jodi Tuft
Valley Horse Center
www.valleyhorsecenter.com

Posted Image

#5 Phoenixx

Phoenixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:I am completely new to the world of the Straight Egyptian. I have always loved Arabians, and I own 2 that are polish bred. I have recently acquired a Straight Egyptian stallion and I plan on breeding and building up my own straight egyptian farm. My equine children are MSU Sweet Justice (Hucklebey Berry x Pasketta), PM Soulstice (Solstice x MS Kora), and Ibn El Norus (El Norus x Maar Halima). I have done most of the training of my horses myself, and I am using Parelli Natural Horsemanship methods with them.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I am so sorry to read this.  I wish that I had my farm right now so I could take some of your precious horses in and give them a home.  Unfortunately, I am at my limit with the horses that I currently have and am boarding.

"The wind of heaven, is that which blows between a horses ears."- Arabian Proverb
"A canter is a cure for every evil"- Benjamin Diraeli
"To ride a horse, is to ride the sky."- unknown
"In riding a horse, we borrow freedom."- Helen Thomson
"There is no secret so close, as that between a rider and his horse." Robert Smth Surtees
"No hour of life is wasted, that is spent in the saddle."- Winston Churchill
"The horse is God's gift to mankind."- Arabian Proverb
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people." ~W.C. Fields

#6 Blue Pyramid Egyptians

Blue Pyramid Egyptians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

I want to thank everyone who has responded and especially those who have visited my site and selected books. Every bit helps and it eases my pain knowing that the books are going to people that will cherish them as I have. This morning I had the sorrow of finding my San Baazinah dead. She was fine when I went to bed last night, was not that old, and I didn't see any signs of thrashing. None of that helps, however, when I face the loss of yet another Nafa'a mare and the last of the Fab 4 that I brought home from Claire Phifer. Claire has gathered them all back to her now. Do you think they will let me join them when it is my time?

Samantha

• desertrider4evr likes this

#7 DJ Sheldon

DJ Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Samantha,

Condolences yet again on the loss of another of your precious horses.  I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with that on top of the heartbreak of dispersal.  

DJ

#8 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Here's hoping we can meet and talk horses some day. So close (your place in Utah and me here in Las Vegas), but I know you have so much knowledge and passion and that is what is needed in the horses. Best wishes no matter what happens. Our dreams give us strength to do what we have to do. You have had some great horses.

#9 Kat

Kat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Straight egyptian arabians, north woods hiking, cats, rock hounding, photography, gardening, canning, wild berries, fishing, travel, kids, and grandma!!!! I love my Reese's to
    piece's and she is my future horse girl!!!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

I am so sorry this is going on Samantha, my heart goes out to you.
We talked a few years back on the phone and you sent out a packet
of information on your beautiful stallion "Himself" and his kids.
I missed a golden chance to breed him to one of my mares. You
and your website are filled with so much information on the egyptian
arabian horses, I have your website in my favorites. I pray you
continue to teach and you are a ambassador for the breed. I pray
everything turns around for you and I pray God comforts you with
your incredible loss.
Kathy

#10 karin

karin

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

I am sorry to read this...all of it. Will have a look on your website now and share the books! Please take care!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users