• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenixx

Phoenixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:I am completely new to the world of the Straight Egyptian. I have always loved Arabians, and I own 2 that are polish bred. I have recently acquired a Straight Egyptian stallion and I plan on breeding and building up my own straight egyptian farm. My equine children are MSU Sweet Justice (Hucklebey Berry x Pasketta), PM Soulstice (Solstice x MS Kora), and Ibn El Norus (El Norus x Maar Halima). I have done most of the training of my horses myself, and I am using Parelli Natural Horsemanship methods with them.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hello Everyone!  I have been on this site for just over a week now, and I am quite new to the business of Egyptian arabians.  Arabians have always been my favorite breed, however, up until recently I've only owned Polish-bred arabians.  And then Ibn El Norus(Grant) fell into my lap.  He was dumped on the owner/trainer of the stable where I board my other 2 arabians, and just last week, the owner of the stable persented me with an arrangement for me to purchase him that I just could not refuse.  Grant is one of 5 arabians at this facility, but he is the only Straight Egyptian.  I've been doing a ton of research over the past couple of weeks about Straight Egyptians, and Al Khamsa, and even with all of the info I've found, I realize that I have barely scratched the surface.  Any advice or links to more information would be extremely helpful and useful. 

Thank you!

~Amanda

• sdlarabians likes this
"The wind of heaven, is that which blows between a horses ears."- Arabian Proverb
"A canter is a cure for every evil"- Benjamin Diraeli
"To ride a horse, is to ride the sky."- unknown
"In riding a horse, we borrow freedom."- Helen Thomson
"There is no secret so close, as that between a rider and his horse." Robert Smth Surtees
"No hour of life is wasted, that is spent in the saddle."- Winston Churchill
"The horse is God's gift to mankind."- Arabian Proverb
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people." ~W.C. Fields

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Welcome Amanda, You will learn much on this forum. Congrat's on your new boy! Please keep us posted! K.R. From Lisa AKA "Phoenix" with one "X". LOL!

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#3 Phoenixx

Phoenixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:I am completely new to the world of the Straight Egyptian. I have always loved Arabians, and I own 2 that are polish bred. I have recently acquired a Straight Egyptian stallion and I plan on breeding and building up my own straight egyptian farm. My equine children are MSU Sweet Justice (Hucklebey Berry x Pasketta), PM Soulstice (Solstice x MS Kora), and Ibn El Norus (El Norus x Maar Halima). I have done most of the training of my horses myself, and I am using Parelli Natural Horsemanship methods with them.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Thank you Lisa!  :-D  I see that your POV Sl Alitaz is closely related to my stallion.  My boy is sired by El Norus  :-)  I am specifically looking for information on this forum dealing with showing and breeding.  I've never been to a horse show, let alone actually shown a horse, so I have a lot to learn about both topics.

"The wind of heaven, is that which blows between a horses ears."- Arabian Proverb
"There is no secret so close, as that between a rider and his horse." Robert Smth Surtees
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people." ~W.C. Fields

#4 karin

karin

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Welcome here Amanda and show us some pictures of your new boy!!

#5 sdlarabians

sdlarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Welcome!

Alison

Shear D-Lite Arabians
Breedres of PERFORMANCE Straight Egyptians
http://sheardlitearabians.com/

Standing at stud: El Rashiid MA (El Majiid x Maar-Riana [*El Mareekh])

"El Rashiid MA is bred generations deep to sire beautiful athletes" ~ Arlene Magid

#6 Kat

Kat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Straight egyptian arabians, north woods hiking, cats, rock hounding, photography, gardening, canning, wild berries, fishing, travel, kids, and grandma!!!! I love my Reese's to
    piece's and she is my future horse girl!!!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hello Amanda, congratulation on your frist Egyptian Arabian!
What a nice start, Ibn is very nicely bred, is he a stallion?
I see you are in MI and thats not that far from Lexinton Kentucky.
The first week in June the Pyramid Society holds a Egyptian Arabian
horse show and what a grand show! If you go to the Al Khamsa and The
Pyramid Society website there is a lot of good information about the
Straight Egyptian Arabian. Again welcome!
Kathy
  • sdlarabians likes this

#7 Phoenixx

Phoenixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

Yes, Ibn El Norus is indeed a stallion.  I am standing him at public stud.  I have also started him under saddle and am planning on getting him conditioned for some novice endurance rides this fall or next year.  I have photos of him, but keep getting an error message when I try to post them.   :sad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users