• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

The Pyramid Society will again be having their educational/promotional booth at their prime location by the entrance for guests to the main arena at the World Cup at the South Point here in Las Vegas in April. Scott Benjamin will be giving a seminar early in the morning on Saturday, April 20. Anyone coming to the show...we will again try to have an enthusiasts get-together for show and tell, networking, and food....one of the days/nights of the show. Will let you know what day and time are best for the most people. Thanks, Marilee of Las Vegas  (TPS member since 1981). Also let us know of any Egyptian Arabian enthusiasts coming and any Egyptian horses to watch out for. :wub:

• Cheryl L likes this

#2 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Saturday at 7:30 am, a free seminar, sponsored by The Pyramid Society, "The Egyptian Allure: Enduring Influence in the International Show Ring", by Scott Benjamin, in the Redwood Room. See The Pyramid Society's website and the World Cup's website for details.

The Las Vegas Egyptian Arabian Owners Association began in 1983 with a few dedicated people, for sharing information, and for educating/exhibiting our horses to the public.

Here is a partial, ongoing list of Egyptian horses in Las Vegas, since I began studying them in the late 70s:  I will add to this list as I recall them. For horses/bloodlines that are so rare, seeing this many here in Las Vegas in this brief time is fascinating. I will also send this along to The Pyramid Society, and to Scott, so they know the past, present, and future impact of just a few horses in one area over time.

Wayne Newton had a stallion in his early days (video of him riding), SE/AK. Also his BlueSpruceTanzeer had lines to El Hilal/*Ansata Ibn Halima.

*Almudaffar, Glorieta Monhalim, Princess of Egypt, Reg Moniet Fasha, Imperial ImSirdar, son/daughter of--------Ansata Ibn Sudan, El Hilal, AK El Maleek (*Refky X Fa Halima), Fa Daalim, Glorieta Ali Sudan, Raadin Inshalla, The Patrician (to El Hilal), Na Ibn Moniet, Nazkaro, Moniet El Sharaf, Ansata Shah Zaman, Ramses Es Shams, 2 *Talal grandsons, AN Monsanto, Ra Halin (to *Ansata Ibn Halima).

Thanks, and I will keep thinking and looking............

• hansi and Cheryl L like this

#3 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Saturday at 7:30 am, a free seminar, sponsored by The Pyramid Society, "The Egyptian Allure: Enduring Influence in the International Show Ring", by Scott Benjamin, in the Redwood Room. See The Pyramid Society's website and the World Cup's website for details.

The Las Vegas Egyptian Arabian Owners Association began in 1983 with a few dedicated people, for sharing information, and for educating/exhibiting our horses to the public.

Here is a partial, ongoing list of Egyptian horses in Las Vegas, since I began studying them in the late 70s:  I will add to this list as I recall them. For horses/bloodlines that are so rare, seeing this many here in Las Vegas in this brief time is fascinating. I will also send this along to The Pyramid Society, and to Scott, so they know the past, present, and future impact of just a few horses in one area over time.

Wayne Newton had a stallion in his early days (video of him riding), SE/AK. Also his BlueSpruceTanzeer had lines to El Hilal/*Ansata Ibn Halima.

*Almudaffar, Glorieta Monhalim, Princess of Egypt, Reg Moniet Fasha, Imperial ImSirdar, son/daughter of--------Ansata Ibn Sudan, El Hilal, AK El Maleek (*Refky X Fa Halima), Fa Daalim, Glorieta Ali Sudan, Raadin Inshalla, The Patrician (to El Hilal), Na Ibn Moniet, Nazkaro, Moniet El Sharaf, Ansata Shah Zaman, Ramses Es Shams, 2 *Talal grandsons, AN Monsanto, Ra Halin (to *Ansata Ibn Halima).

Thanks, and I will keep thinking and looking............

DEar Marilee

I truly like all this.I dont know what classes you have,but I hope that "UNDER SADDLE WORK" and the vital importance brought forth.

I wish I could come, even bring a Serenity Horse Along, but its now only a dream.

The endurance riding is really increasing internationally and those who never competed against a good SE will get their eyes opened.

These SES have stamina, courage, fine attitude, intelligence etc.etc.And they look beautiful too.

I hear a lot from other countries and how much this sport is appreciated. One does not have to run  a "50miler" a 10-15miler for us seniors

and the very young will do. A junior US team is now selected to compete in the World Cup. I pray that at least ONE SE is selected to compete.

Thanks again for your heard work

Hansi

Then I read about those ecellent horses- non-asils-= doing so great in the flat racing, winning all thoise darley awards.

Congrats to these owners/riders/breeder.

Of course there are other disziplines, english,western,costum,driving etc, so plreasing to the eyes of onlookers.

Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#4 crooked creek

crooked creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I am excited to be bringing my Imperial Mistaar son, Desert Staar CCA to compete.  Last year I brought Top Five Stallion, HF El Jalal (HF Ares X HF Maymouna).  Enjoyed the seminar last year and will be attending this year as well.

Anyone else bringing SE's , please post so I can cheer them on!

Jan Alexander

• Seglavi likes this
Jan Alexander
Crooked Creek Arabians
Jacksonville, Arkansas

#5 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Here is the way to find the seminars--more have been added---arabianbreedersworldcup.com/news/2013-educational-seminars------

What is awesome to me is the # of Egyptian-owning speakers/presenters compared to other groups----Becky Rogers and Dr. Nasr Marei on the "Standards for Judging" seminar, moderated by Kent Mayfield. The "Egyptian Allure" seminar mentioned above (finding Egyptian bloodlines in many recent show horses), presented by Scott Benjamin, whose work with Polish Arabians is impressive. And the representation of Cal Poly, Colorado State, and Michigan State in the guest speakers/presenters/veterinarians.

When I find a horse in the show that I like, and then find it in the show program, to find out why, it usually turns out to have Egyptian in there pretty close up. No performance again, just halter and liberty. Been pretty quiet this year, as far as who is coming, and who to watch out for (Egyptian lines). Would love to see photos/pedigrees of any Egyptian horses coming, and would love to go down into the barn area for close-up viewing of any I really want to see.

#6 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Raising Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Arabians. Not new to the world of Straight Egyptians, but new to many of you. The primary building blocks for the farm have been *El Mareekh blood crossed onto *Talal, AK Bafadi, Dalul, Imperial Immarouf, Moniet El Sharaf, Misk (Anter) and Mehanna.
    Have available a few foals a year, expecting two this year and breeding most of the mares for next year. Please email me for further information on the bloodlines.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

You know I have been watching this Event on the internet live feed.  IEquine is doing a fantastic job putting on a first rate show.  Jan, I admire you for showing your young lad and he is doing well.  It would be nice to see others if possible, their have been some beautiful horses being shown.  Michael Byatt showed WH Justice (last night), very classic (looks Egyptian), even through he isn't.  I think he got 20 across the board.  Another wonderful Team is Program and his handler, a beautiful showing and it was them together that made me pay attention.  Maybe the PS will pickup some idea's from this well run show.  Today is the final day...so if you haven't turned in, you should. :wub:

Egyptian Star Arabians
www.egyptianstararabians.com
New Farm Blog: www.egyptianstar.blogspot.com
email: egyptianstar@rocketmail.com

Home of Our Wonderful Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Stallions:
El Rameekh Amir (El Saheerh (Ibn El Mareekh x Bint El Mareekh) x Princess Salam (The Egyptian Prince x Talooa))
El Shubann (El Rameekh Amir x Ramses April (Ansata El Nisr x Ramses Bint Hayat))
Star of Saheerh (El Saheerh x Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) Rare Line to Nafa'a, Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Star Dancer (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)....just a beautiful chestnut colt but had to put him in this section

And Our Precious Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Mares:
Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) rare ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Desert Lillie (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Jolie Etoile (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
Shy Marzae (Imperial Immarouf (Ansata Imperial x Glorieta Maarqesa)x Paenaz (Moniet El Sharaf x Zaenap ( *Ibn Hafiza x *Hoyeda))
RHA Egypts Jewel (Hi-Fashion Mreekh (Ibn El Mareekh x Hi-Fashion Hitesa) x Autumn Nadia (The Egyptian Prince x AK Nadiyana))
My Stormee Mareek (El Saheerh x RA Azale (Nabiel x Maranatha Ariana (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x *Bint Soheir II))
Dani Bilal (SEA Ben Ben Bilal (Misk x SEA Mashaallah) x Bint Jamilah (*Farazdac x Jamila Shamahl))
Mia Tahtianna (El Ashkar (Shah El Sun x AK Bint Juahara) x Dani Bilal)
ES Crystal Mareekh (El Shubann x AK Tiffara (Moniet El Sharaf x Tiffaha))
RS Sabrah (*Al Nowasy (Hamid x Shukria) x *Hamasa Samira (Mehanna x Sadya))
ES Dani Bilals Rose (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)

#7 crooked creek

crooked creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

POPULAR

Had a great time at the show.  Was able to meet Marilee and enjoyed visiting with her.  I think Desert Staar looked beautiful and he was Top Five in his class.  I am very proud of his effort. 

Attached File  136m.jpg   149.32KB   5 downloads

Attached File  056med.jpg   138.99KB   3 downloads

• sdlarabians, Northwind, Nadj Al Nur and 7 others like this
Jan Alexander
Crooked Creek Arabians
Jacksonville, Arkansas

#8 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Congrats!

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#9 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Had a great time at the show.  Was able to meet Marilee and enjoyed visiting with her.  I think Desert Staar looked beautiful and he was Top Five in his class.  I am very proud of his effort. 

attachicon.gif136m.jpg

attachicon.gif056med.jpg

Hi Jne

this looks to me like a real nice filly, lots of substance and quite correct.

Congrats.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#10 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Had a great time at the show.::::>>>>)))) Met Jan above, who loves horses under saddle as much as I do, and really liked her young man--got to see him up close in the barn area (and his pedigree, cuz I had seen several of his ancestors in person). Posted about the show on facebook (Marilee Mott), so you can see some of the people I talked to. Lots of Egyptian lines in many of the horses at the show. Will write more later when I have more time. PS---that is why I like WH Justice----I do not care for his sire, but met the lady who owned his dam and granddam and grandsire last year. Again the influence of the Egyptian in there that makes me take notice. Liked 2 of the stallions in the special presentation--again you could see the Egyptian influence. PPS----cried when I met April Johnson. Helped out at The Pyramid Society booth. More to come.

#11 SE Legacy

SE Legacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:SE Legacy Boodstock breeds, shows and promotes Straight Egyptian Arabian horses with a an emphasis on perpectuating the bloodlines of Imperial Egyptian Stud. We stand the 2012 EE Unanimous Class Champion, Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) and always welcome visitors.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Great job!

SE Legacy Bloodstock

Straight Egyptian Stallions at Stud:

Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) - 2009, SE, AK Grey Stallion
Ibn Glorieta Gazaal (Alfano Mystall (Imperial Imdal) x Glorieta Gabriela) 2009 SE, AK Grey Stallion

Straight Egyptian Bloodstock Sales:

Please visit our web site www.selegacy.com for an updated sales list.

#12 nasmat

nasmat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Had a great time at the show. I'm sorry I was not able to meet more of you Egyptian Breeders. I was very happy to see the Pyramid Society booth, and the seminar by Scott Benjamin was wonderful. I hope to see more Straight Egyptian presence at the show in years to come. Jan, sorry I didn't find you and thank you for showing your SE's=)

NILE NIMR (ANSATA QASIM X HIGHVIEW NILE JEWEL) 2011 GREY STALLION $$

NASMAT BAROUD (CAJUN MAN X AHLAM BASELAH by SHAHIR IASB) 2011 CHESTNUT STALLION $$

TRA IBN EL MOURAD (EL MOURAD by ANSATA HALIM SHAH x VALOUR MAARIYAH) 2007 GREY STALLION

SE BROODMARES:
NASMAT ALEFTINA (DANSEURS RAFIQ X SDR HOSTAN GRANAT BY CAJUN MAN)2008 CHESTNUT MARE

NASMAT NASHWAH (CAJUN MAN X ALFANO NICA) 2010 GREY MARE $$
NASMAT BASIMAH (CAJUN MAN X AHLAM BASELAH) 2010 GREY MARE $$

NASMAT HOORIYAH ( HF EL CID X ESA HALIMAARS DREAM) 2011 GREY MARE $$

KADEENIMAR FX (IMPERIAL IMMAROUF X MB KAAREENA BY IMPERIAL MADHEEN)1998 GREY MARE $$

AHLAM BASELAH (SHAHIR IASB X MB MASHIELA) 2006 GREY MARE
TRA ELMOURADS FELECIA (EL MOURAD BY ANSATA HALIM SHAH X VALOUR MAARIYAH)

TRA PRECIOUS JEWEL (EL MOURAD BY ANSATA HALIM SHAH X BIJOUX by RUMINAJA BAHJAT)

TRA RAIN SONG (IBN ALIH X BIJOUX by RUMINAJA BAHJAT) $$

VALOUR MAARIYAH (ABRAXAS HALIMAAR X  BKA  ALIDIYAH by RUMINAJA ALI)
ALFANO NICA (KHAFRE BAY DMF X SKA MARAQA BY IMPERIAL AL KAMAR)2002 BAY MARE
BBT MORNING SKHY (RAVENWOOD MONEE X RAVENWOOD HASANI)
AL ZARKA PETRA (KALEEF IBN SULTAN X DAANTILA by *IBN SEEF) $$

SE FILLIES
NASMAT ALAMIRAH (PRESUMIDO FEISUL X NASMAT ALEFTINA) 2013 BAY FILLY

NASMAT FAHDEELAH (EAI SILVEREEN X TRA ELMOURADS FELECIA) 2013 GREY FILLY

NASMAT FERDOUS (CAJUN MAN X TRA ELMOURADS FELECIA) 2012 GREY FILLY

NASMAT FARHA (ANSATA NILE FALCON X FULA by SAFEEN 2014 GREY FILLY

NASMAT PETRINA (ANSATA NILE FALCON X AL ZARKA PETRA) 2014 CHESTNUT/FLAXEN FILLY $$

SM FAKRIYYAH (DANSEURS RAFIQ X BINT FEYDA) 2012 GREY FILLY

AL ILAH TAGHRIA (EMIRATUS B X TAMRIA BINT THAMAM by EL THAY THAMAM) 2012 CHESTNUT/FLAXEN FILLY

SE COLTS

*EL ZILAL TAMAR SASB (MASHAR HALIM X TARISSIA B by EMIRATUS B) 2012 CHESTNUT COLT-IMPORTED FROM SLOVENIA-FUTURE HERD SIRE

NASMAT BURKAN (NASMAT ASFOUR X AHLAM BASELAH by SHAHIR IASB) 2013 GREY COLT $$

NASMAT AMIR (ANSATA NILE FALCON X NASMAT ALEFTINA) 2014 GREY COLT $$

NASMAT SHAHEEN ( ANSATA NILE FALCON X TRA RAIN SONG) 2014 GREY COLT $$

www.nasmatarab.com

#13 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

re last 2 posters----it is so cool to see  your pedigrees/bloodlines above and recognize horses that I have either seen in person or who I have studied.......love the Egyptian horses. Could have had a get-together as the show was over very early on 2 nights, but did not know that early enough to round everyone up in time to do it. Met some wonderful new contacts/enthusiasts.  

• Suellen Taylor likes this

#14 nasmat

nasmat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Well lets try to have a special get together sometime during the show next year?

NILE NIMR (ANSATA QASIM X HIGHVIEW NILE JEWEL) 2011 GREY STALLION $$

NASMAT BAROUD (CAJUN MAN X AHLAM BASELAH by SHAHIR IASB) 2011 CHESTNUT STALLION $$

TRA IBN EL MOURAD (EL MOURAD by ANSATA HALIM SHAH x VALOUR MAARIYAH) 2007 GREY STALLION

SE BROODMARES:
NASMAT ALEFTINA (DANSEURS RAFIQ X SDR HOSTAN GRANAT BY CAJUN MAN)2008 CHESTNUT MARE

NASMAT NASHWAH (CAJUN MAN X ALFANO NICA) 2010 GREY MARE $$
NASMAT BASIMAH (CAJUN MAN X AHLAM BASELAH) 2010 GREY MARE $$

NASMAT HOORIYAH ( HF EL CID X ESA HALIMAARS DREAM) 2011 GREY MARE $$

KADEENIMAR FX (IMPERIAL IMMAROUF X MB KAAREENA BY IMPERIAL MADHEEN)1998 GREY MARE $$

AHLAM BASELAH (SHAHIR IASB X MB MASHIELA) 2006 GREY MARE
TRA ELMOURADS FELECIA (EL MOURAD BY ANSATA HALIM SHAH X VALOUR MAARIYAH)

TRA PRECIOUS JEWEL (EL MOURAD BY ANSATA HALIM SHAH X BIJOUX by RUMINAJA BAHJAT)

TRA RAIN SONG (IBN ALIH X BIJOUX by RUMINAJA BAHJAT) $$

VALOUR MAARIYAH (ABRAXAS HALIMAAR X  BKA  ALIDIYAH by RUMINAJA ALI)
ALFANO NICA (KHAFRE BAY DMF X SKA MARAQA BY IMPERIAL AL KAMAR)2002 BAY MARE
BBT MORNING SKHY (RAVENWOOD MONEE X RAVENWOOD HASANI)
AL ZARKA PETRA (KALEEF IBN SULTAN X DAANTILA by *IBN SEEF) $$

SE FILLIES
NASMAT ALAMIRAH (PRESUMIDO FEISUL X NASMAT ALEFTINA) 2013 BAY FILLY

NASMAT FAHDEELAH (EAI SILVEREEN X TRA ELMOURADS FELECIA) 2013 GREY FILLY

NASMAT FERDOUS (CAJUN MAN X TRA ELMOURADS FELECIA) 2012 GREY FILLY

NASMAT FARHA (ANSATA NILE FALCON X FULA by SAFEEN 2014 GREY FILLY

NASMAT PETRINA (ANSATA NILE FALCON X AL ZARKA PETRA) 2014 CHESTNUT/FLAXEN FILLY $$

SM FAKRIYYAH (DANSEURS RAFIQ X BINT FEYDA) 2012 GREY FILLY

AL ILAH TAGHRIA (EMIRATUS B X TAMRIA BINT THAMAM by EL THAY THAMAM) 2012 CHESTNUT/FLAXEN FILLY

SE COLTS

*EL ZILAL TAMAR SASB (MASHAR HALIM X TARISSIA B by EMIRATUS B) 2012 CHESTNUT COLT-IMPORTED FROM SLOVENIA-FUTURE HERD SIRE

NASMAT BURKAN (NASMAT ASFOUR X AHLAM BASELAH by SHAHIR IASB) 2013 GREY COLT $$

NASMAT AMIR (ANSATA NILE FALCON X NASMAT ALEFTINA) 2014 GREY COLT $$

NASMAT SHAHEEN ( ANSATA NILE FALCON X TRA RAIN SONG) 2014 GREY COLT $$

www.nasmatarab.com

#15 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

bump for current discussion under The Pyramid Society article in AHW.......

#16 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

ok--will try again this year. Who is up for meeting somewhere and doing show- and- tell about our horses? Always like to see NICE Egyptian ones, and meet enthused people like me.  My 2 page ad honoring my horse Macho REA, and Ansata El Alim, and Julia Byfield ("In Loving Memory") are in TPS membership directory, and on their website, in the Egyptian Event prize list. Love :wub: how it turned out, and it is asking for more people to try to mentor, and to REACH out with their horses-------Reaching out with your Egyptian Arabians = Children + Horses. I do not have a cellphone, but we can email or leave messages at TPS booth there at the show. Or decide when and where to meet. :cool: Once upon a time, there were only a few Egyptian horses here in Las Vegas, and most of them were in my back yard. Others came and went, and I am still around........... :)

• Lysette likes this

#17 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

The Pyramid Society will again be having their educational/promotional booth at their prime location by the entrance for guests to the main arena at the World Cup at the South Point here in Las Vegas in April. Scott Benjamin will be giving a seminar early in the morning on Saturday, April 20. Anyone coming to the show...we will again try to have an enthusiasts get-together for show and tell, networking, and food....one of the days/nights of the show. Will let you know what day and time are best for the most people. Thanks, Marilee of Las Vegas  (TPS member since 1981). Also let us know of any Egyptian Arabian enthusiasts coming and any Egyptian horses to watch out for. :wub:

Marilee

will their be under saddle classes, flat and endurance racing and the seminar geered for it?  It would be great, because such classes

would save our beloved breed.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#18 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

no. halter only. In the beginning, they did have some saddle classes, but not now. I agree. Many in the audience and public that I have talked to, over the years, wish to see horses under saddle as well. Would love to see a trail ride or an endurance ride that weekend, beginning/ending at the South Point. When the public sees halter only, many assume halter only. In the past they have had demos of horses in specific disciplines too, but I do not yet know what they are doing this year. The seminars last year were very wonderful; I took a LOT of notes, and learned a lot.

When I was little here in Las Vegas, there was a quarter horse straight-away track and an oval track, and every casino/sports book/betting establishment has racing stats and pictures/footage for people placing bets, so the interest is there. I would love to see (Arabian/1/2 Arabian) horse racing again in Las Vegas. All it takes is more people with that vision----something other than halter only. And some sponsors to help that vision along......

#19 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

no. halter only. In the beginning, they did have some saddle classes, but not now. I agree. Many in the audience and public that I have talked to, over the years, wish to see horses under saddle as well. Would love to see a trail ride or an endurance ride that weekend, beginning/ending at the South Point. When the public sees halter only, many assume halter only. In the past they have had demos of horses in specific disciplines too, but I do not yet know what they are doing this year. The seminars last year were very wonderful; I took a LOT of notes, and learned a lot.

When I was little here in Las Vegas, there was a quarter horse straight-away track and an oval track, and every casino/sports book/betting establishment has racing stats and pictures/footage for people placing bets, so the interest is there. I would love to see (Arabian/1/2 Arabian) horse racing again in Las Vegas. All it takes is more people with that vision----something other than halter only. And some sponsors to help that vision along......

I agree with you Marilee. If it would be made mandatory to show under saddle before one can enter the halter classes, it would help so much.

The QH sell basically because of what the horse can do under saddle.

take care

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#20 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

Met Nancy Gates from Heirloom Halters from Arkansas and we talked for about an hour. She knows a lot of the same horses as I do, and that was awesome. Watched some of the classes on Sunday afternoon. Mares and stallions. Only saw a couple horses that I really liked. The show seemed smaller again, and they shortened the arena and the seating space (from the south end), and with the 2 rows of tables on the east side, it was not easy to see the horses up close. I do not think they had the stallion presentations together for the public to see up close as they did last year. The show was over quite early on Sunday night. Lots of empty seats in the audience. The one mare and one stallion class were quite large. Liked Andy Sellman's handling. He got an award for that from the judges. Calm and professional. Saw 2 stallions almost get into it, and almost made contact from kicking---not ok. Not too much traffic in the booths and commercial exhibits. All my impressions from just a few hours on Sunday. They are adding more arenas to the South Point, so that may encourage the World Cup group to consider adding more venues in the future, not just halter, but maybe things would have to be concurrent. Did not see any demos and did not attend any seminars this year. I guess The Pyramid Society did not have a booth this time. Saw some bagging and some shanking that was not necessary, and seemed over the top to me. I am glad I went, but missed seeing more Egyptians and meeting more new people........Meeting Nancy Gates though, was worth going down there for. :::>>>)))
  • Aimbri likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users