• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

Revisiting this topic to see who and what horses are coming this year to try to find you. Still would love to have an Egyptian Arabian Horse Lovers meet- and- greet. Will see what afternoons/evenings are open, and if the classes are finished early this year on some of the nights. Loved the Egyptian influence in the seminars in the past, but have not heard what is going on there as yet for this year. Have also not heard anything about any demos/educational venues or performance. Halter and liberty only is what I see. 

#22 nancyrobert2011

nancyrobert2011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

i am also interested to join the society

#23 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

Did you want to contact The Pyramid Society at their website or with their phone? They are very good directly on the phone with questions.

Lots of horses coming in, but I see many of the same pedigrees (on sire side). I miss the diversity of prior years.

I am excited to go down there and see Antham (2 lines to *El Shaklan--who I got to see, and lines to Bluesprucetanzeer, WN Samira, *GG Samir, Bint Rabidilla----who I got to see too). Not Egyptian (just a tiny bit), but a very good looking horse with calm behavior. I have invited my whole school of children to go and will put it in the newspaper. I think it is important to get the public there for a meet and greet up close to the horse, and especially the children to make that connection about how great our Arabians are.  Lot of photo ops too.

Will be on the lookout for any Egyptian horses I really like.

Edited by Marilee, 16 April 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#24 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

It is a shame that this prestige show does NOT include performance classes. What good is a HALTER horse only to anyone?

I thought horses were to ride ,drive and have fun with.

Hansi

• talus likes this
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#25 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

I agree. I have spoken up many times to different people about this. Huge market and interest here in the horses, but many people are turned off by the halter only aspect, even people who already have horses.

#26 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:51 PM

Am reopening this topic, as I did on the arabianbreeders.net forum, to see what Egyptian horses are coming, and any Egyptian horse lovers, to meet and talk pedigrees and bloodlines. There will be a Breeders' Forum meeting)on Saturday, and a racing seminar after the last class on Friday.

#27 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:46 AM

Going down there Sat. and Sun. Will wear my Petsmart name tag with my Ansata Ibn Sudan son's (3 X Fadjur) photo on there, and a pink Breeders Cup t shirt, and red hair and glasses if you want to try to find me and talk horses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users