Photo

Egyptian Breeders Classic/ Deshazer Show In Sept.

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

Just wondering is anyone is planning to attend or show? The farm is only about an hour from me and I'm having a few thoughts on attending and maybe even showing. Melissa

Melissa & Matt Raulerson
Jete' Arabians Home to:
Raja El Halimaar (El Halimaar x Mageenaa) 2001 Stallion
SCID Clear, LFS Clear, CA N/N

Hali Inasa (Abraxas Halimaar x Georgia Inasa) 2002 Mare
Zandai Ibn Zeidan (Zandai Abu Zeidan x MFA Tassideh) 2002 Gelding
Zandai Zavoniyah (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2004 Mare CA N/N
Zandai Om Noor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2005 Mare CA N/N

Yara MM (Raja El Halimaar x Zandai Zavoniyah) 2012 Filly CA N/N (By Parentage)

#2 Willowbreeze

Willowbreeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

we had thought about it  because its so close to us too, but have not heard any details and the website I  visited on it did not give a schedule or even any information on entering or even classes offered or eligibility

Sandy
Willow Breeze Arabians
Visit My Website

#3 Willowbreeze

Willowbreeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

ok went back and checked the website (http://www.egyptianb...nformation.html) again and the info is now up.  Maybe a little too pricey for my budget for only one halter class to show  Sami in.

Sandy
Willow Breeze Arabians
Visit My Website

#4 razgold

razgold

razgold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Interests:Breeding quality Arabians for conformation, temperament and performance. www.lyndalearabians.com www.lyndalehalters.webs.com

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

wow that's impressive. I've been waiting for this to come up as I was thinking of going to it but at that price I don't think I will. $200 a class is way too much. I was going to have a booth for my halters but they don't have a price on that. If it's anything like the class entries that will be far too expensive.

Sue

• Willowbreeze likes this
Breeders of good quality Arabians that have temperament, conformation and performance. As well as being beautiful.
Lyndale Arabians

#5 Willowbreeze

Willowbreeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

yep $200 a class( pre entry)  and $200 a weekend stall plus  another $100 plus in office and usef fees per horse,  Just not doable for us for one horse let alone the several we had hoped to be able to take.

Sandy
Willow Breeze Arabians
Visit My Website

#6 razgold

razgold

razgold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Interests:Breeding quality Arabians for conformation, temperament and performance. www.lyndalearabians.com www.lyndalehalters.webs.com

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

And the price of gas as well. May just take my halters and try and sell them with out a booth. Put ads on the truck and hand out business cards.

Sue.

• Willowbreeze likes this
Breeders of good quality Arabians that have temperament, conformation and performance. As well as being beautiful.
Lyndale Arabians

#7 desertrat

desertrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Arabian Horses,Bridle Horses, Art, History of all sorts, Film, Music, Drama, Dance, and Literature.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Garden party, Anyone?

#8 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Wow - SHN classes aren't even that expensive!

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Nile Roze+

(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

Noble Kamara

(Imperial Al Kamar x Imperial Sahrapha)
2000 Straight Egyptian Mare

Rest In Peace:

Amer Azhaar

(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

http://www.rozearabians.com

#9 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:pedigrees, sport horse, music, movies

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

There are plans afoot for Arabians Ltd to take my near 3 yo colt, Al Haadi BRDF to the show.  He'll be 3 in Sept.  He hasn't shown since the 2012 EE.  Then in the 2 yo futurity colt class he placed reserved champion barely missing champion in the points.  He's a Mishaal HP son out of the mare in my avatar, Hanna's Fanci, who is an Alixir dtr w/tail female to Bint Magidaa.  The yearling colt I've got at home looks almost exactly like his full brother, Al Haadi BRDF.  Al Haadi's barn name is Steady - he was a rock as a little guy, he stood & looked, very little ruffled his feathers, he  left me when he was nine months & I was cross tying him for grooming, I could do anything with him.  Since I'm in the VA Blue Ridge Mtns. I'll won't be able to get to the show, so Melissa I'd appreciate it if you go to the show and let me know what you think of the bugger.  He was a mouthy 2 yo colt when I visited with him at the 2012 EE, but I understand he's finally growing out of that - thank goodness!  This is a photo of him showing at the 2012 EE.

Attached File  EGP_7954-2012-6-8 EE Al Haadi.jpg   636.01KB   0 downloads

BTW, as an aside, Hanna's Fanci's full gelding brother, Apollo, is winning in open dressage shows at 2nd level in Texas.

• Ray and M Huprich like this
JacqueB

#10 jmarcan

jmarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

I realize it is extremely expensive to put on a show like this but given the high entry fees, perhaps some of the deep-pocketed sponsors could think out of the box and offer 'scholarships' or discounts to Egyptian arabs with performance credentials....

• Roze and Egyptian Star like this

#11 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

I realize it is extremely expensive to put on a show like this but given the high entry fees, perhaps some of the deep-pocketed sponsors could think out of the box and offer 'scholarships' or discounts to Egyptian arabs with performance credentials....

LOL!  There are no performance classes at this show.  Looks to me like the cost is at least $700 per horse.  Must be expensive to fly in judges from all over the ME. 

So what is this show - a "mini" Egyptian Event, or??  What is the point?  This statement is made: "Join DeShazer Arabians and the Egyptian Breeders Classic in ensuring the enduring legacy of the Egyptian Arabian horse."  Ensuring the enduring legacy...of those who can afford to show up for it.  Granted, it takes a LOT of money to support horses, but this doesn't mean that most Egyptian breeders have an endless supply of it. 

I suppose that if there is an opportunity to sell a horse for big bucks.  If so, then the cost of the show is an inexpensive "commission".  But how likely is that unless you have 40 crosses to "thee whatever"? 

Not knocking DeShazer, but this appears to be catering to the "elite" of the "in crowd", which almost always promotes particular bloodlines and excludes others.  How does this "ensure" a legacy?  Oh well - whatever.       

• Northwind, An American Breeder, elsbet and 5 others like this

#12 razgold

razgold

razgold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

I had heard before hand that it would be more for the 'in crowd' and thought nah it's a new show they would want to get a lot of people and horses to  it. How wrong I was. I only have 2 SE's and only 1 of them I would have shown there but not at that price. So annoying as it's only about an hour from where I live. The stabling at the EE was only $175 for the week how do they justify $200 for 3 days? I just hope they are reading the comments on here.

Sue.

Lyndale Arabians

#13 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Well, I see now where "all proceeds benefit The Pyramid Society".  :laugh:   So this ain't about the horse - it's about the society.  Even if I wanted the glory, or whatever it is that comes with having your horses judged by a Sheikh of Qatar and personages from Kuwait, Saudi and Egypt, there is no way I'm going to financially support this archaic and out-of-touch organization.    

#14 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Curious if anyone from the Northeast was interested in going? I -may- go since I missed the Egyptian Event this year. I had a work related knee injury that I just had surgery on last week, happy to report that I'm on the mend.

No I'm not showing my horses @ this show, however I know what I have in my backyard ha ha! I don't need to spend $700 + bucks to prove it. IMHO the fee's are steep for the small breeder, something they should think about.

The reason for going is to see quality horses ( yeah I know what many are thinking, "owned by the key players...") but still it will I believe be a great time.

If anyone from Ma. CT. N.H. R.I. or N.Y. is interested contact me @ AmirAlAhlam15@aim.com. I will be looking into air fare & hotel rates.

K.R. Lisa
  • Seglavi likes this

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#15 Seglavi

Seglavi

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, preservation, trail riding. History, Family, Travel

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Lisa, glad you are healing after your injury.  We missed you and your family at the EE!

Pam Studebaker
Saqlawiyat Arabians
Trotwood, Ohio, USA

#16 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

nah, to far but I would like a look at deshazers horses

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#17 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Looks like they're having a sale of se horses at the same time - don't know if the sale horses will all be at DeShazers or if via video or what.

#18 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Oh, hubby's turning 50 on Sept. 29th. Family wants a big party so hubby comes before horses... would of loved to have gone!

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#19 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Oh, hubby's turning 50 on Sept. 29th. Family wants a big party so hubby comes before horses... would of loved to have gone!

:laugh: Yeah, and I've got some paint I need to watch while it dries...

#20 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Ray you are a beauty! Maybe I'll just put the hubby on the back burner or drag his behind with me ( I wish), but no he would prefer to stand with you and watch the paint dry! Ha ha!

To any and all going I wish you a great time!
  • Suellen Taylor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users