Photo

Egyptian Breeders Classic/ Deshazer Show In Sept.

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#21 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Raising Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Arabians. Not new to the world of Straight Egyptians, but new to many of you. The primary building blocks for the farm have been *El Mareekh blood crossed onto *Talal, AK Bafadi, Dalul, Imperial Immarouf, Moniet El Sharaf, Misk (Anter) and Mehanna.
    Have available a few foals a year, expecting two this year and breeding most of the mares for next year. Please email me for further information on the bloodlines.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Love the comment :th_cheer:   $700 to show, now this is before the cost of a professional handler, right?  Oh, let me see.....all the other Straight Egyptian lines, don't count as worth saving?  To bad

for breeders who have some of most wonderful old lines.

Egyptian Star Arabians
www.egyptianstararabians.com
New Farm Blog: www.egyptianstar.blogspot.com
email: egyptianstar@rocketmail.com

Home of Our Wonderful Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Stallions:
El Rameekh Amir (El Saheerh (Ibn El Mareekh x Bint El Mareekh) x Princess Salam (The Egyptian Prince x Talooa))
El Shubann (El Rameekh Amir x Ramses April (Ansata El Nisr x Ramses Bint Hayat))
Star of Saheerh (El Saheerh x Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) Rare Line to Nafa'a, Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Star Dancer (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)....just a beautiful chestnut colt but had to put him in this section

And Our Precious Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Mares:
Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) rare ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Desert Lillie (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Jolie Etoile (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
Shy Marzae (Imperial Immarouf (Ansata Imperial x Glorieta Maarqesa)x Paenaz (Moniet El Sharaf x Zaenap ( *Ibn Hafiza x *Hoyeda))
RHA Egypts Jewel (Hi-Fashion Mreekh (Ibn El Mareekh x Hi-Fashion Hitesa) x Autumn Nadia (The Egyptian Prince x AK Nadiyana))
My Stormee Mareek (El Saheerh x RA Azale (Nabiel x Maranatha Ariana (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x *Bint Soheir II))
Dani Bilal (SEA Ben Ben Bilal (Misk x SEA Mashaallah) x Bint Jamilah (*Farazdac x Jamila Shamahl))
Mia Tahtianna (El Ashkar (Shah El Sun x AK Bint Juahara) x Dani Bilal)
ES Crystal Mareekh (El Shubann x AK Tiffara (Moniet El Sharaf x Tiffaha))
RS Sabrah (*Al Nowasy (Hamid x Shukria) x *Hamasa Samira (Mehanna x Sadya))
ES Dani Bilals Rose (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)

#22 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Isn't this open to ALL SE lines?  

#23 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

deshazer-2-2013.jpg

Posted Image

#24 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Wow embryo transfer on 40 mares dang, however I am very glad to see these lines preserved.

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#25 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think that is super creepy!
  • Melissa, An American Breeder, elsbet and 1 other like this

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#26 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

It is creepy - and a cowardly aproach by the big shots of TPS.  I guess TPS benefits from these "sales", as well. 

They didn't search North America very thoroughly, since I have several SE mares of exceptional quality and of important and rare bloodlines.  They didn't ask me - but maybe they knew what my answer would be.   :laugh:  Perhaps they should have stated that their search was limited to TPS members.  Another thing that gripes me is that these people still think they have Kuhaylan Jellabi lines.  And they list sixteen females as though they were all different tails.  :wacko:    

• Roze and elsbet like this

#27 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
    Writing

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yup !

Posted Image

#28 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

I wasn't contacted either and I have the maternal sibling to this years EE gold champion mare.

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#29 DKZ

DKZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

40 to 50 Embryo Transfers? :sad:   Who are the "We" in the "We have searched ......".   I would hate to think that one farm would have this much influence on an already fragile gene pool.  In my mind, shallow as it may seem,  if a SE embryo isn't carried by a SE then it is no longer SE.  Since I don't know for sure who carries the foal, that eliminates that horse from my pedigrees.  Geez, it's hard enough to find a stallion I find acceptable.

• Egyptian Star likes this

#30 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

40 to 50 Embryo Transfers? :sad:   Who are the "We" in the "We have searched ......".   I would hate to think that one farm would have this much influence on an already fragile gene pool.  In my mind, shallow as it may seem,  if a SE embryo isn't carried by a SE then it is no longer SE.  Since I don't know for sure who carries the foal, that eliminates that horse from my pedigrees.  Geez, it's hard enough to find a stallion I find acceptable.

Well, I've got about a dozen good stallions here - too bad you're in MN. 

About surrogate mares - it must have been on thee old se.com forum, I made the same argument and took a lot of flak over it.  With new scientific data on what is transferred between mother and foal, maybe some other people are waking up.  Before this, there was a big argument over the type of placenta in equines not being able to transmit much of anything.  I suppose if you had an SE mare to carry the foal, it would still be SE - you just couldn't be sure of the genetics being only those of the sire and dam...might get something "extra" from the surrogate.  Anyway - sorry for the change of topic. 

#31 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
    Writing

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

There may be reasons to do an embryo transfer.......maybe if a valuable, proven  mare who has produced well before but has a medical reason why she can't carry a foal (injury or something).....but get her daughter, or her sister or a closely bred mare to be the surrogate. This is just about convenience for the people, and takes no notice of, or maybe just doesn't care, what it puts all those mares through. I think it sucks.............and there will be a lineup of people trying to outbid each other.

• DKZ likes this

Posted Image

#32 DKZ

DKZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Really nice pedigree on Shah Moniet TMR, too bad Idaho is so far away.

#33 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Really nice pedigree on Shah Moniet TMR, too bad Idaho is so far away.

Thanks.  If we're talking pedigree, I might suggest Serenity Tayal - a great-grandson of Nazeer.  Not many around with Nazeer that close up.  Not that Nazeer lines need "saving", but if you like Nazeer - then just sayin'.  :)   

#34 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Raising Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Arabians. Not new to the world of Straight Egyptians, but new to many of you. The primary building blocks for the farm have been *El Mareekh blood crossed onto *Talal, AK Bafadi, Dalul, Imperial Immarouf, Moniet El Sharaf, Misk (Anter) and Mehanna.
    Have available a few foals a year, expecting two this year and breeding most of the mares for next year. Please email me for further information on the bloodlines.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

I am amazed....I agree who is the "We"....I didn't get a call either.....Sounds like another marketing scram...lets flood the market again.

Egyptian Star Arabians

El Rameekh Amir (El Saheerh (Ibn El Mareekh x Bint El Mareekh) x Princess Salam (The Egyptian Prince x Talooa))
El Shubann (El Rameekh Amir x Ramses April (Ansata El Nisr x Ramses Bint Hayat))
Star of Saheerh (El Saheerh x Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) Rare Line to Nafa'a, Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Star Dancer (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)....just a beautiful chestnut colt but had to put him in this section

Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) rare ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Desert Lillie (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Jolie Etoile (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
Shy Marzae (Imperial Immarouf (Ansata Imperial x Glorieta Maarqesa)x Paenaz (Moniet El Sharaf x Zaenap ( *Ibn Hafiza x *Hoyeda))
RHA Egypts Jewel (Hi-Fashion Mreekh (Ibn El Mareekh x Hi-Fashion Hitesa) x Autumn Nadia (The Egyptian Prince x AK Nadiyana))
My Stormee Mareek (El Saheerh x RA Azale (Nabiel x Maranatha Ariana (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x *Bint Soheir II))
Dani Bilal (SEA Ben Ben Bilal (Misk x SEA Mashaallah) x Bint Jamilah (*Farazdac x Jamila Shamahl))

#35 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Has anyone looked at the horses for sale?  All theirs.

Also on prices:  read where it is $300 a class at some Kentucky special show. 

ETA:  There are listed, and have been for some time now, horses belonging to others in the group that is with/around the De Shazers and the Houston area.

Most prices are very high. This is a Private Treaty sale and not an auction, like what Dick Reed has thru Addis.  BTW high seller Wed night was $17,500 to Morocco on an older mare.

The Saturday night band and barbeque is $100 per person.  For their sake maybe the rains won't be there.

Have my request in also for an update on the Friday/Saturday events. 

#36 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Okay the time is here.  I would really like to hear about what takes place down there.  Since I have to remain on the farm and oversee the wonderful straight egyptians that live here.  But I hope someone will clue us in on the progress of the show.  And the Auction!

• Roze likes this
Egyptian Star Arabians

#37 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm down at the EBC all weekend shooting photos. It is a neat little show. I know the cost was sky high and there are only about 50-60 show horses here, but it reminds me of what people used to talk about just showing horses basically in the backyard. We are out in one of the pastures. There is a very small ring set up and I'm just standing right on the rail, as if I was at an open house, taking pictures. People are laughing and standing around talking and you don't get that hyped up feeling of everyone is there is chop each others head off.

They had a brief meeting tonight about the future of SE.Com. They are not sure what is going to be the end result, but they are looking to make it an educational research site. But, I don't think anything is set in stone.

The farm is beautiful, as I'm sure if I would have seen some of the big farms of 30 years ago in their hay day would have been. There are several vendors there under the huge shade trees. It was very hot today, so I'm hoping tomorrow we have cloud cover and a breeze!

They presented the private treaty horses first thing and I have pictures of each horse, and before the end of classes today three of the horses had sold. Before the end of the evening, Deshazer presented their horses, then dinner was served. I only live 45 minutes away, so I skipped dinner tonight. Here are a few pictures from the day.

Attached File  z6.jpg   287.84KB   1 downloads

Prize Buckles

Attached File  at8.jpg   288.16KB   0 downloads

Jacque Battle's Colt! Al Haadi BRDF With Luis P.

Attached File  z2.jpg   235.76KB   0 downloads

WEEEEE!!! Joe Polo on lead

Attached File  z3.jpg   214.97KB   0 downloads

Insignia Desha with David Botha

Attached File  a2.jpg   342.56KB   0 downloads

Deshazer Stallions

Attached File  z3.jpg   402.3KB   0 downloads

• Morabene and Cheryl L like this

Melissa & Matt Raulerson
Jete' Arabians Home to:
Raja El Halimaar (El Halimaar x Mageenaa) 2001 Stallion
SCID Clear, LFS Clear, CA N/N

Hali Inasa (Abraxas Halimaar x Georgia Inasa) 2002 Mare
Zandai Ibn Zeidan (Zandai Abu Zeidan x MFA Tassideh) 2002 Gelding
Zandai Zavoniyah (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2004 Mare CA N/N
Zandai Om Noor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2005 Mare CA N/N

Yara MM (Raja El Halimaar x Zandai Zavoniyah) 2012 Filly CA N/N (By Parentage)

#38 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thanks Melissa for some of the updates on the show.  Keep us posted.  Look forward to more infomation.  I think I saw IEQUINE mention it on line, but not sure.

Egyptian Star Arabians

#39 razgold

razgold

razgold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Interests:Breeding quality Arabians for conformation, temperament and performance. www.lyndalearabians.com www.lyndalehalters.webs.com

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

you can see it live at www.iequine.com

Sue

Breeders of good quality Arabians that have temperament, conformation and performance. As well as being beautiful.
Lyndale Arabians

#40 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Now have the resulting foals eventually bred via AI. I just wonder what we would get. I think this is scary.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users