Photo

Egyptian Breeders Classic/ Deshazer Show In Sept.

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#41 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:pedigrees, sport horse, music, movies

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Thanks Melissa for the pictures.  I did get to see the hurkey jurkey motion of my slow live feed on the IEguine live feed.  It was disappointing that Steady didn't have any other horse in his class.  But it was great to see how much Luis and Steady like each other.  Since he's 3 he'll be competing in the Senior Championship on Sunday.  So we'll see how he does with the big boys.  The live feed is not close up but the little bit showed me enough that I know he would have been competitive at sport horse nationals where I was this time last week and what I breed for.  Look forward to more pictures, should be lots of pretty mares today.  Keep an eye on Thee Asil daughter, Bint Al Riyahh.  The last time I saw her she had the best flexion in the loin of any horse that year at the EE.

Glad you are having fun, would love to be down there.  Instead had fun this morning tying and grooming Steady's full brother (15 mo) he's such a sweetie to work with just like his big bro Steady.

• Cheryl L likes this
JacqueB

#42 Bay Mare Farm

Bay Mare Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Did anyone watch the Heritage sale ? I caught most of it. Lots of nice horses.. I wanted to say that when Mr. Deshazer ( no disrespect) announced that no one was inquiring about the prices on these horses and stated they were all at an affordable price that the horses were slashed in half price wise of what they were worth and that most of the owners wanted the horses to stay in the United States. Ok I wanted to know WHO WHO WHO can afford a horse from 50,000 - 150,000 in this economy - with how many horse in rescue situations and being GIVEN away. I personally have been offered a handful of horses for FREE that were EXCELLENT horses, I dont understand. Again beautiful horses....but 50,000 - 150,000 is affordable for small breeders.Just my opinon. It was nice I must say to know that I emailed a few weeks ago to find out the price on a 7/8 sister to 2 of my horses and found out they slashed her price to 45,000.

Billy

• Heidi, Willowbreeze, An American Breeder and 2 others like this
Billy Williams & Paul Keel

Bay Mare Farm

Stallion:

Zandai Nile Zavon - (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Nile Aziza)

Zandai Issar (*Ansata Ken Rashik x Zandai Zenobia-El Hadiyyah)

Mares:

Krown Princess - (ET Crown Prince x *Ramses Sadaka -Seef)

Bint Maar Juahariel (El Halimaar x Maar Juahariel -Ansata Halim Shah)

Azerii Maar Malak (Richter MH x Maar Juahariel -Ansata Halim Shah)

Zandai Om Zahra (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Zenobia -El Hadiyyah)

Sha Ameera (Anwars Ameer x Sha IQ- ZT Faa IQ)

Tess Trueheart (Prince of The Nile x Moss Hill Sabah)

Gelding:

Zandai Mahfouz (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Zenobia -El Hadiyyah)

#43 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ok I wanted to know WHO WHO WHO can afford a horse from 50,000 - 150,000 in this economy - with how many horse in rescue situations and being GIVEN away. I personally have been offered a handful of horses for FREE that were EXCELLENT horses, I dont understand. Again beautiful horses....but 50,000 - 150,000 is affordable for small breeders.

Billy

Millionaires  club????

This type of event is not for the majority of us that struggle to have horses.  The wannabe's will be there but not buying.  JMO too.  (PS logged in just to like your post Billy)

#44 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Did anyone watch the Heritage sale ? I caught most of it. Lots of nice horses.. I wanted to say that when Mr. Deshazer ( no disrespect) announced that no one was inquiring about the prices on these horses and stated they were all at an affordable price that the horses were slashed in half price wise of what they were worth and that most of the owners wanted the horses to stay in the United States. Ok I wanted to know WHO WHO WHO can afford a horse from 50,000 - 150,000 in this economy - with how many horse in rescue situations and being GIVEN away. I personally have been offered a handful of horses for FREE that were EXCELLENT horses, I dont understand. Again beautiful horses....but 50,000 - 150,000 is affordable for small breeders.Just my opinon. It was nice I must say to know that I emailed a few weeks ago to find out the price on a 7/8 sister to 2 of my horses and found out they slashed her price to 45,000.

Billy

Billy, I agree. EVerybody thinks they got the best horses, and even the large breeders might not have any.

The price from $ 50,000 to $ 150,000 are long gone, but up to $ 50,000 are still there.

We need to remember that in most cases the high prices of the past were paid to earn a profit (foals,stud fees,etc)

Also often some of these horses only won a ribbon at the EE, and nothing against other arabian bloodlines, which is not a very good indication.And most all are not under sadle or are tested to show their true worth.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#45 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Raising Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Arabians. Not new to the world of Straight Egyptians, but new to many of you. The primary building blocks for the farm have been *El Mareekh blood crossed onto *Talal, AK Bafadi, Dalul, Imperial Immarouf, Moniet El Sharaf, Misk (Anter) and Mehanna.
    Have available a few foals a year, expecting two this year and breeding most of the mares for next year. Please email me for further information on the bloodlines.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

It would be interesting to see the prices the auction brought for the horses.  Anyone have information on that?

Egyptian Star Arabians
www.egyptianstararabians.com
New Farm Blog: www.egyptianstar.blogspot.com
email: egyptianstar@rocketmail.com

Home of Our Wonderful Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Stallions:
El Rameekh Amir (El Saheerh (Ibn El Mareekh x Bint El Mareekh) x Princess Salam (The Egyptian Prince x Talooa))
El Shubann (El Rameekh Amir x Ramses April (Ansata El Nisr x Ramses Bint Hayat))
Star of Saheerh (El Saheerh x Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) Rare Line to Nafa'a, Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Star Dancer (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)....just a beautiful chestnut colt but had to put him in this section

And Our Precious Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Mares:
Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) rare ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Desert Lillie (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Jolie Etoile (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
Shy Marzae (Imperial Immarouf (Ansata Imperial x Glorieta Maarqesa)x Paenaz (Moniet El Sharaf x Zaenap ( *Ibn Hafiza x *Hoyeda))
RHA Egypts Jewel (Hi-Fashion Mreekh (Ibn El Mareekh x Hi-Fashion Hitesa) x Autumn Nadia (The Egyptian Prince x AK Nadiyana))
My Stormee Mareek (El Saheerh x RA Azale (Nabiel x Maranatha Ariana (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x *Bint Soheir II))
Dani Bilal (SEA Ben Ben Bilal (Misk x SEA Mashaallah) x Bint Jamilah (*Farazdac x Jamila Shamahl))
Mia Tahtianna (El Ashkar (Shah El Sun x AK Bint Juahara) x Dani Bilal)
ES Crystal Mareekh (El Shubann x AK Tiffara (Moniet El Sharaf x Tiffaha))
RS Sabrah (*Al Nowasy (Hamid x Shukria) x *Hamasa Samira (Mehanna x Sadya))
ES Dani Bilals Rose (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)

#46 Bay Mare Farm

Bay Mare Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I just thought that MOST of Egyptian Breeders/owners in the U.S. consisted of SMALL breeders. Now that most of the BIG farms of the 70 & 80's & 90's are gone...only a very few big farms are left. So would it be safe to say that the future of the Egyptian lay in the hands of small breeders for the most part in the states? They say they want the horses to stay in the states...but realistically no one can afford a horse at the price point. So then off to the Middle East or Europe they go. It really does come across as selective and exclusive to the wealthy and their horses. I have a 7/8 sister to one of the mares - our stallion is a full brother to the sire of one of the fillies in the sale ( 35,000) and we have a El Halimaar dtr, out of a Ansata Halim Shah dtr, a hard to come by Richter MH dtr our of a Ansata Halim Shah dtr, a ET Crown Prince dtr who is out of *Ramses Sadaka (Seef x Yomna - Galal) - who Talaria has done EXTREMELY well with the *Ramses Sadaka granddtrs bred to Botswana. Anyway we have not bred because of the so many unwanted horses and the economy and fear of our horses ending up in a sad situation. If I wanted 50,000 for my mares - would I get that??? Or is it really who you are and who you are connected with. Shouldnt this be about preservation of the horses and the LOVE of the horses  - not that the wealthy do not love their horses. Just seems alittle unfair to the majority of people who loves those lines/ horses - Anyway Ill stop my rant.

• Willowbreeze and Suellen Taylor like this

Bay Mare Farm

Stallion:

Mares:

Gelding:

#47 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Was the pricing on the private treaty horses anywhere?  What were they really asking for them?  A lot belonged to DeShazers, not sure what %.  

#48 Bay Mare Farm

Bay Mare Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Melissa, When I was watching the live feed - at first they didnt mention price, then they started as it was announced no one was inquiring about pricing. Thats when Mr Deshazer took over the mic and said "That these horses were affordable priced" prices were cut in half of what their real value was. Then they started stating the price on each horse presented. The few Deshazer horses I saw presented were in the 80- 120,000 range. I wish they would have talked more about the pedigrees on some of the horses presented...each horse had only minutes in the ring.Eileen Verdick (sp) also mentioned that these were the type of horses in a breeding program that she could market the future foals from easily......I guess they better for those prices.

Bay Mare Farm

Stallion:

Mares:

Gelding:

#49 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Melissa, When I was watching the live feed - at first they didnt mention price, then they started as it was announced no one was inquiring about pricing. Thats when Mr Deshazer took over the mic and said "That these horses were affordable priced" prices were cut in half of what their real value was. Then they started stating the price on each horse presented. The few Deshazer horses I saw presented were in the 80- 120,000 range. I wish they would have talked more about the pedigrees on some of the horses presented...each horse had only minutes in the ring.Eileen Verdick (sp) also mentioned that these were the type of horses in a breeding program that she could market the future foals from easily......I guess they better for those prices.

I just hope Eileen knows what she is talking about.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#50 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Thanks Billy.   I wasn't able to watch the live feed or go in person. Appreciate the update!

#51 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I would love to see pics to price compare. I saw some on FB but nothing worth a good assessment...anyone?

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#52 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

The link to their private treaty sales had photos and videos of each horse.

#53 Egyptian Star

Egyptian Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Raising Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Arabians. Not new to the world of Straight Egyptians, but new to many of you. The primary building blocks for the farm have been *El Mareekh blood crossed onto *Talal, AK Bafadi, Dalul, Imperial Immarouf, Moniet El Sharaf, Misk (Anter) and Mehanna.
    Have available a few foals a year, expecting two this year and breeding most of the mares for next year. Please email me for further information on the bloodlines.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

Do we have the link for their private treaty sales...would love to see the horses and pedigree's.  More information!

Egyptian Star Arabians
www.egyptianstararabians.com
New Farm Blog: www.egyptianstar.blogspot.com
email: egyptianstar@rocketmail.com

Home of Our Wonderful Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Stallions:
El Rameekh Amir (El Saheerh (Ibn El Mareekh x Bint El Mareekh) x Princess Salam (The Egyptian Prince x Talooa))
El Shubann (El Rameekh Amir x Ramses April (Ansata El Nisr x Ramses Bint Hayat))
Star of Saheerh (El Saheerh x Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) Rare Line to Nafa'a, Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Star Dancer (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)....just a beautiful chestnut colt but had to put him in this section

And Our Precious Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Mares:
Star of Bafadi (AK Bafadi (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Fariha) x Diaa (Dalul x Cedardell Tiffany)) rare ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Desert Lillie (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
ES Jolie Etoile (El Rameekh Amir x Star of Bafadi) Ancestoral lines to Nafa'a. Kuhaylan (no substrain)
Shy Marzae (Imperial Immarouf (Ansata Imperial x Glorieta Maarqesa)x Paenaz (Moniet El Sharaf x Zaenap ( *Ibn Hafiza x *Hoyeda))
RHA Egypts Jewel (Hi-Fashion Mreekh (Ibn El Mareekh x Hi-Fashion Hitesa) x Autumn Nadia (The Egyptian Prince x AK Nadiyana))
My Stormee Mareek (El Saheerh x RA Azale (Nabiel x Maranatha Ariana (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x *Bint Soheir II))
Dani Bilal (SEA Ben Ben Bilal (Misk x SEA Mashaallah) x Bint Jamilah (*Farazdac x Jamila Shamahl))
Mia Tahtianna (El Ashkar (Shah El Sun x AK Bint Juahara) x Dani Bilal)
ES Crystal Mareekh (El Shubann x AK Tiffara (Moniet El Sharaf x Tiffaha))
RS Sabrah (*Al Nowasy (Hamid x Shukria) x *Hamasa Samira (Mehanna x Sadya))
ES Dani Bilals Rose (El Shubann x Dani Bilal)

#54 M Huprich

M Huprich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

it was on a link posted earlier in this thread  http://www.egyptianb...ate-treaty.html

#55 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

it was on a link posted earlier in this thread  http://www.egyptianb...ate-treaty.html

I am truly interested what these "rare SE Bloodlines" are in these horses offered

Hansi.

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#56 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Did any of them sell?  Did any of the invited consignee's horses sell?

Eileen can say that but I well remember the internet sales she had before she left the United States. 

#57 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Billy, I agree. EVerybody thinks they got the best horses, and even the large breeders might not have any.

The price from $ 50,000 to $ 150,000 are long gone, but up to $ 50,000 are still there.

We need to remember that in most cases the high prices of the past were paid to earn a profit (foals,stud fees,etc)

Also often some of these horses only won a ribbon at the EE, and nothing against other arabian bloodlines, which is not a very good indication.And most all are not under sadle or are tested to show their true worth.

Hansi

Billy do you have a link to the Heritage sale? Would appreciate this.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#58 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hansi

if you meaning the sale at DeShazer's then the link for the private treaty sale up above is given.

http://www.egyptiana...-private-treaty

Each individual horse is listed at the far right hand side under strain

#59 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

Just jumping on for a minute, will post more details later. But, the Private Treaty Sale and the Heritage Breeding Program are two DIFFERENT things. They had 40ish "sale" horses there that were the private treaty horses. These horses are the ones they showed on the live feed. Most were Deshazer Bred horses, but a good many were from other programs. My understanding was the price range $7000-$150K. I know maybe 5ish that had sold, I don't know prices. (I have casual pictures of most of these horses)

The Heritage Breeding Program is the embryo transfer program. They have some 50ish mares that have been brought to the farm that are either been defined as not able to be bred for various reasons or from owners that flat do not breed for reasons all over the board. The lines were not discussed for the reason they are not closed to lines they may not mention. They are looking for mares that are sitting ideal, but have older bloodlines. I didn't feel like Eileen was "pulling my leg" when she talked about what they are trying to do. They talked about pigment issues and bad legs and long backs and breeding faults everyone likes to pretend doesn't show up in their program. They are working with a lab to harvest embryos and try to bring desert lines back to the forefront of pedigrees. I know the mares are older girls with desert lines within the first three lines of their pedigree. But again, they are not closed to anyone. They said people were welcome to send pedigrees and they would get with you if you have an mare that would fit.

Here's what everyone wants to now: Deshazer gets the first embryo, then they work with you and you get the next one. There are cost, of course, but your receive the lab fees/cost discounted. Seems to me if you have the money, why not. Freezing semen has been happening for a long time, but once some of these mares are dead, that is it. We can "wake up" the boys, but not the mares. So, if you can bring some of the eggs to life and the mares are kept happy, then sounds interesting.

I talked to Hank and asked if he minded if I came out in a few weeks and saw some of the old ladies and he was open to it. I'm more excited to actually be able to see some of the old mares in one place, then too wonder what they may have looked like or ended up. Keep an open mind and keep in mind if you were not there be slow to jump to conclusions. I'm working on pictures and also getting my thoughts together from the rest of the SE.com talk.

BTW-Jacque, your boy was so good today!!! It had rained buckets all night and this morning. He was so laid back and happy. He and Encore acted so good in the rain and didn't let a thing bother them!! Melissa

Attached File  a5.jpg   265.2KB   6 downloads

AL HAADI BRDF WITH David R.

• JacqueB and Lil Buddha like this

Melissa & Matt Raulerson
Jete' Arabians Home to:
Raja El Halimaar (El Halimaar x Mageenaa) 2001 Stallion
SCID Clear, LFS Clear, CA N/N

Hali Inasa (Abraxas Halimaar x Georgia Inasa) 2002 Mare
Zandai Ibn Zeidan (Zandai Abu Zeidan x MFA Tassideh) 2002 Gelding
Zandai Zavoniyah (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2004 Mare CA N/N
Zandai Om Noor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2005 Mare CA N/N

Yara MM (Raja El Halimaar x Zandai Zavoniyah) 2012 Filly CA N/N (By Parentage)

#60 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Attached File  a91.jpg   248.25KB   5 downloads

Al Haadi BRDF and the Arabians Ltd. group

Attached File  a93.jpg   216.35KB   2 downloads

Dixie Dreamer DB is the bay

Attached File  a97.jpg   363.88KB   2 downloads

Makeda DB with Luis P.

Attached File  z2.jpg   179.95KB   2 downloads

Etaya Sudan Amir with Ben Bogart

Attached File  z4.jpg   274.1KB   2 downloads

Etaya Sudan Amir with Ben Bogart

Attached File  z3.jpg   258.25KB   3 downloads

Insignia Desha with David Botha

• cauley, Lysette, Cheryl L and 1 other like this

Melissa & Matt Raulerson
Jete' Arabians Home to:
Raja El Halimaar (El Halimaar x Mageenaa) 2001 Stallion
SCID Clear, LFS Clear, CA N/N

Hali Inasa (Abraxas Halimaar x Georgia Inasa) 2002 Mare
Zandai Ibn Zeidan (Zandai Abu Zeidan x MFA Tassideh) 2002 Gelding
Zandai Zavoniyah (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2004 Mare CA N/N
Zandai Om Noor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Zandai Saouda) 2005 Mare CA N/N

Yara MM (Raja El Halimaar x Zandai Zavoniyah) 2012 Filly CA N/N (By Parentage)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users