#1 Jacey

Jacey

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

POPULAR

This past weekend in Sussex New Brunswick 3 Arabians,2 Straight Egyptians and one domestic bred competed in an EC Gold dressage Show and did the Arabian breed proud.NF Satori(Halim El Nefous x J O Sajha) bred by William Hudson and purchased in 2006 by Najouba Arabians from Ray and Jamie Roberts; Bikr NA (Ansata Sirius X Ansata Fantazi) bred by Ansata ,and owned by Najouba Arabians in Sussex ; and Man After Midnight a domestic bred Arabian owned and shown by Kim McKeen of Nova Scotia, competed under judge Ellen King. The common comment of the weekend was she was a hard judge,tough marker but fair! Marks were very consistant through the weekend . With 110 rides scored,only 38 rides scored in the 60"s. NF Satori had the 3rd highest score on Sat. and on Sunday had the 2 highest scores and ended the weekend with 4 first place ribbons in Training Level Tests 2 and 3. Champion Training Level Open Division AND tied with a hugh warmblood for top score of the weekend!! With just 3 weeks serious training he did amazing with rider Robyn Gillies. Bikr NA had competed in July in Training Level tests 2 and 3 ,earning 4 firsts and Champion Training Level Open,so was bumped up to First Level for this show,and ended the weekend with 2 firsts, 1 second and 1 third and Champion First Level Open division. Man After Midnight earned 2 second place ribbons and 2 first place ribbons and was Champion AA Training Level. This judge seemed to really like the Arabs,which is not common. I think she fell in love with Bikr ,really liked him. In the July show one of the comments from the judge about Bikr was,"lovely to watch and a pleasure to judge" A big thanks belongs to Robyn Gillies our rider who did all the work preparing Bikr and Tori(Satori) .The best comment of the weekend was while we were waiting in the stands with audience f and riders for the prize presentations  and a member of the audience called out to the riders and said,  "well the Arabians sure showed you guys up this weekend" to which the rider of a WB who was used to having high score of the weekend replies"They sure did!" Awesome show! Great weekend!

• sdlarabians, Nadj Al Nur, maxhopemime and 9 others like this

#2 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Excellent - congrats to everyone!  :)  

#3 Paul Huzevka

Paul Huzevka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Horses

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yes, congratulations to all people involved and to the horses.

FA Maronique* (Ramses Maris x Kastina) Mare
REA Sheeza (Sir Alidaar x Sheezadal) Mare
LM Dorian Starofegypt (Nihal GRSB x Dorian Isis) Mare
Aqiba (Al Aassifah x LM Dorian Starofegypt) Mare

#4 BettyK

BettyK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

Love that!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Having competed with Arabs in dressage, I know that those kinds of comments aren't easy to come by.

Betty K.

Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela)
Ravenwood Qahtahn (Qahtahn x Ravenwood Gemmone)
El Ghorab Sneferu (GAF Mosaad x Stonehedge Fateza) - Sadly lost 6/6/10
Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11
Misty Sue (Tuhotmos x Aramasumara) - Our first Arabian and missed so very much (1975-2004)

#5 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

I love hearing this. Do you have any pics? Would love to see them.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#6 jmarcan

jmarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Keep up the good work! We have a rider from our barn in the Ottawa Valley who is now in the Fredricton area and I tried to start the Arab conversion process with her last summer (LOL). Lets see lots of Arabs this year on the EC award list! Can't wait to get my young SE stallion out on the open circuit next year.

#7 Jill Erisman

Jill Erisman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:The horses.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

WAY to go and congratulations to all!

Jill

#8 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian & Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

This is wonderful. I think sometimes it is our mindsets that slow us down or prevent us from getting our horses out there, instead of our horses' actual  mental and physical abilities and competitiveness with other breeds. I know our horses have more heart and more flair and more stamina. I have seen many Arabians over the years here in Las Vegas in dressage, cross-country, and stadium jumping (open divisions), and they continue to be used for many levels of riders. Everytime someone mentions or I see a thoroughbred or a warm-blood, that is the influence of the Arabian...........Our horses can break through any prejudice that is out there, with patience and correct training, and equal footing for the judges and the public to see. Congrats.

#9 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Excellent!! Glad to hear of others successes - keep sharing and getting your SEs out there!!

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Nile Roze+

(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

Noble Kamara

(Imperial Al Kamar x Imperial Sahrapha)
2000 Straight Egyptian Mare

Rest In Peace:

Amer Azhaar

(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

http://www.rozearabians.com

#10 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

Congratulations Jessie!

I'm competing next weekend in the Open Dressage Provincial Championship show with my SE mare,  We just got home on Weds eve from the Canadian Nationals where we showed in Showmanship, and were qualified to show in 3 Western Pleasure classes (I chose not to ride because of a lack of practice time this season).  So, yes . . . we can and do show our SE horses in both breed and Open competitions!

• Roze, DKZ and jmarcan like this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Tammens Nadira (Tammen x ADH Nadafe by Shukri) 1995 Bay  
Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
MB Faheena (Safeen x AK Bint Fatiha by Moniet El Sharaf) 1997 Ches. 
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 
Aimbri Zaafinah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2004 Ches/Flaxen 
Aimbri Amurra (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2005 Ches. SOLD!
Aimbri Fawzia (Moon Sheine x Tammens Nadira) 2005 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Zakirah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2006 Bay SOLD!
Aimbri Amira Alia (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2006 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Bint Bint Matrabb (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb) 2011 Ches.

2 SE/AK Sweepstakes Nominated Chestnut Geldings by El Matrabb  SOLD! $
Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#11 DKZ

DKZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

My hat off to all competeing in dressage!  :Wine_glass_2:

• Roze likes this

#12 Jacey

Jacey

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thanks Jeannette and everyone else who have posted! Bikr has qualified for the championships in October and Tori has been invited to compete also. The majority of our riders in Eastern Canada are juniors and this year many are returning to college and university,so have opted out of the championships,therefore the show committee is giving out invitations in order to have enough numbers to have the show pay for itself. We have chosen to just take Bikr only, as he has more conditioning on him and Robyn moves back to Moncton to be near work for the winter. So with an open ring and weather , one will be enough to get ready. Bikr is entered in a 15 mile JP on the long weekend in September, which will be interesting. And before all this we hope to get him back in the cart for some serious driving.There is no longer a photographer at our shows,which I wasn't aware of ,so next time I take my camera :) However a lady that attended the show has posted some pictures of Bikr on her facebook page, haven't seen them myself but heard lots of comments!! Loved the ribbons,loved the scores and prizes but judges comments were the icing on the cake :)

#13 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Just got home last evening from the Saskatchewan Provincial Dressage Championships, where I competed with my SE mare, Aimbri Ansarah.  We are just beginners at this, and went in the Walk/Trot A and B on both Saturday and Sunday.  Ansarah was a really good girl and we had 4 good rides (for us . . . remember we are new at this!  LOL)  The ribbons were based on scores.  We got 3 2nds and 1 3rd.  Our highest score was 59.73% with 60% being a 1st place ribbon, so just missed out on that.  We had ONE more dressage show this season, next month, which I hope to compete!

This was an open show with horses of all breeds, mostly warmbloods, but there were 4 Arabians/half Arabians there.   Ansarah was the only SE/AK horse there.  The judge was impressed that there were 4 Arabians, and came over and thanked us for coming and then asked my friend and I to join her and the other officials, for a drink after the show, and we did!  My friend was riding her Part-bred Arabian/Saddlebred cross.  She rode in Walk/Trot B and Training level Tests 2 and 3 on both days.  She and "Ringo" came away with 6 first place ribbons!   She also came away with a new bootbag and bridlebag at the awards presentation!  I saw numerous 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons on the stalls of the other 2 Arabians, as well, so the Arabians did very well at this show.

Thanks again to Hansi for encouraging me to try dressage.  We're having fun with it, and learning a lot of new things!

• Heidi, JacqueB, diane and 2 others like this

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Tammens Nadira (Tammen x ADH Nadafe by Shukri) 1995 Bay  
Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
MB Faheena (Safeen x AK Bint Fatiha by Moniet El Sharaf) 1997 Ches. 
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 
Aimbri Zaafinah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2004 Ches/Flaxen 
Aimbri Amurra (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2005 Ches. SOLD!
Aimbri Fawzia (Moon Sheine x Tammens Nadira) 2005 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Zakirah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2006 Bay SOLD!
Aimbri Amira Alia (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2006 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Bint Bint Matrabb (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb) 2011 Ches.

2 SE/AK Sweepstakes Nominated Chestnut Geldings by El Matrabb  SOLD! $
Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#14 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Not old enough to be ridden but my friend Sue Carrol had two boys compete at region 10 sport horse championships.The bay is two and the judges have remarked he will make a nice dressage horse.
Devi is a yearling stallion and he was reserve on his first trip out, Kent Mayfields youngster was first.My club is doing a lot of open shows this years and the SE horses are killing it against
all breeds

Attached Files

• Roze, JacqueB and Aimbri like this

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users