#1 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

POPULAR

I just realized I never posted pictures of the stallion I got!!! I guess I posted on FB and assumed I had shared him here, but apparently I didn't. Anyway, after a long search through many stallion prospects, I ended up choosing HR Roujuan. I honestly wanted at least some new egyptian breeding, preferably Gleannloch or Kehilan influenced, had a few I was interested in, but got no follow through from the sellers so wasn't going to push it. I didn't want a run around. I missed an opportunity to purchase the stallion I loved at Treff-Haven as they had him sold by the time I decided I wanted to go the route of stallion-ownership. Anyway, I have been fascinated for a long time with the Zobeyni sire line, mostly for the rarity and also the fact that my favorite CMK elements do come from Gulastra. I had long-admired a picture of Cheryl's grey stallion. HR Judaan, and when I made it known I was looking, a few people pointed me in her direction. That was one of the best trips I took and it was 11 hours one way. She is yet another small breeder, just like Homer and Tina of Treff-Haven, Joe Bayer in OK (can't remember his farm name!!), and Sharon Jackson and her daughter Chrissy Sappington in OKC, who, as a whole, produce stellar animals.

I figured if I was going to go the route of old egyptian, I wanted as much "Brown" blood as possible. I saw lots of nice animals, some had a type I was not fond of, but still had structure etc. You could see families at her place, which was so important to me. Anyway, back to my point, I figured if I was going to go "old" Babson/Brown, I should get as much Gulastra as possible. Well, I met Roujuan and that was it. Period. Aside from the straight Babsons, he was the lowest percentage of Gulastra on her place. I decided on him anyway. I like this HORSE so much. He isn't perfect, but has what I like in a horse and also has what my mares need while not lacking in their strengths. He also has the best temperament anyone could ask for in a stud. My husband loves him, too :)

I am a terrible photographer, but Cheryl was gracious enough to send me a bunch of pics and then another woman on FB, Jacquie P (can't spell her last name) was gracious enough to share some photos taken by Diana Johnson. So, for those who have not seen him on FB, here he is. I don't have current pics but, I assure you, I will make him look terrible when I do take some.

Attached Files

• Nadj Al Nur, maxhopemime, hansi and 10 others like this

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#2 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Ohhh nice guy.  See why you liked him.

#3 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Thank you :) He's not too shabby. Well, right now, his weight is still up and down, so does look a bit shabby. I think it's a combination of weight loss from the surgery and the fact that I took his girlfriend away from him recently. We'll see how he fares with weight by this fall.

DJ - I saw your "like". When you get down this way, you'll have to come out and see him ;) and maybe we can do a road trip up to Cheryl's.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#4 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hi Kate!
We are so happy to hear he's doing well. I'm not on facebook that often so very glad to see pic's of him here. He's also the stallion from the video you sent correct? If so believe me everyone this boy has MOVEMENT in spades!

Huge Congrat's to you on your new boy Kate, you have a keen eye for great horseflesh.

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#5 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I really like him!

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#6 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:pedigrees, sport horse, music, movies

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Kate I think he has so much to offer, especially the way he uses his neck & the refinement of his throatlatch - reminds me of the FEI dressage horses & excellent withers- you know how important I think those are - But temperament is KING!  Congratulations!

JacqueB

#7 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thanks, Jacque. He has awesome lift in the front end. It's really amazing to see when he does it. Most of the time he's boring, but when he puffs up for the mares he transforms. He also has an awesome walk - very forward and strong. When I get on him I'll know a lot more, but I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#8 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

How Exciting Kate, I've read in more than one place that you can improve the trot and canter thru riding but improving the walk has to be thru the breeding!  Glad you're young, cause it's going to be at least 4 years before you see the results, Ha Ha Ha!

JacqueB

#9 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

I just realized I never posted pictures of the stallion I got!!! I guess I posted on FB and assumed I had shared him here, but apparently I didn't. Anyway, after a long search through many stallion prospects, I ended up choosing HR Roujuan. I honestly wanted at least some new egyptian breeding, preferably Gleannloch or Kehilan influenced, had a few I was interested in, but got no follow through from the sellers so wasn't going to push it. I didn't want a run around. I missed an opportunity to purchase the stallion I loved at Treff-Haven as they had him sold by the time I decided I wanted to go the route of stallion-ownership. Anyway, I have been fascinated for a long time with the Zobeyni sire line, mostly for the rarity and also the fact that my favorite CMK elements do come from Gulastra. I had long-admired a picture of Cheryl's grey stallion. HR Judaan, and when I made it known I was looking, a few people pointed me in her direction. That was one of the best trips I took and it was 11 hours one way. She is yet another small breeder, just like Homer and Tina of Treff-Haven, Joe Bayer in OK (can't remember his farm name!!), and Sharon Jackson and her daughter Chrissy Sappington in OKC, who, as a whole, produce stellar animals.

I figured if I was going to go the route of old egyptian, I wanted as much "Brown" blood as possible. I saw lots of nice animals, some had a type I was not fond of, but still had structure etc. You could see families at her place, which was so important to me. Anyway, back to my point, I figured if I was going to go "old" Babson/Brown, I should get as much Gulastra as possible. Well, I met Roujuan and that was it. Period. Aside from the straight Babsons, he was the lowest percentage of Gulastra on her place. I decided on him anyway. I like this HORSE so much. He isn't perfect, but has what I like in a horse and also has what my mares need while not lacking in their strengths. He also has the best temperament anyone could ask for in a stud. My husband loves him, too :)

I am a terrible photographer, but Cheryl was gracious enough to send me a bunch of pics and then another woman on FB, Jacquie P (can't spell her last name) was gracious enough to share some photos taken by Diana Johnson. So, for those who have not seen him on FB, here he is. I don't have current pics but, I assure you, I will make him look terrible when I do take some.

Nice Horse Kate, lots of best wishes. I like him

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#10 Seglavi

Seglavi

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, preservation, trail riding. History, Family, Travel

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Just back from the AK convention in California, it was great by the way, and someone there whose name won't come to me right now was asking about Gulastra blood in SE's so I pointed her your way.  Hope she contacts you, he is gorgeous!  I especially like the lovely curve over the top of his neck which is showing up less and less in the SE's that I see.

Pam Studebaker
Saqlawiyat Arabians
Trotwood, Ohio, USA

#11 Jill Erisman

Jill Erisman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:The horses.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

He is just lovely Kate!

Jill

#12 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Thanks Pam, Hansi and Jill :)

He really does have one of the best necks I've ever seen and do agree it is not a strength in the SE group as a whole. His neck is really as nice as it looks in the pictures, VERY long though the pole, clean up an out, and was a major decision maker for me as my mares need better-shaped necks. His is better than his sire's, which is not bad but is not as upright as Roujuan's, and in seeing a picture of his mother, she had an upright neck, not as well-shaped or hooky, but upright for sure. It runs in lots of the horses close in his pedigree so, while I think his own might be the apex of his pedigree, I am not banking on him reproducing necks in perfection but I do hope he puts a general improvement on the babies in that department.

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#13 Seglavi

Seglavi

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

How is he doing Kate?
Pam Studebaker
Saqlawiyat Arabians
Trotwood, Ohio, USA

#14 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

He is doing SO well. He recovered from surgery, had all the vets and vet techs in love with him at OSU, and come home and was stalled with such ease. He took it like a champ. He really did. His jaw on that side is larger, but he's eating and grazing fine. He was real thin coming back from the vet. Not terrible, but had lost quite a bit while there. He looks better now but keeps it off pacing when something changes (like a vet truck coming or a new mare and foal etc). He's outside right now, enjoying our perfect, Arkansas, September day. I hope to ride him soon. He loves his walks up and down the street. I imagine I'll like them more when I'm on him instead of forced to keep up with him LOL.

Everyone that meets him pets him and loves him and then comments how easy he is. I had a Paint guy up from Waldron looking at some hay equipment and he just couldn't get over how well-tempered he was. He pet him for at least 20 minutes while the two of us chewed the fat.

I am very hopeful Sultry is pregnant. She is waddling already and does get fat but this looks different and she hasn't shown any heat - but doesn't show strong usually. I just haven't gotten her to the vet to know. Yumi looks full-bodied but she's such a big mare and has never carried full term, so won't show like a mare who has already had 3 babies. Again, I need to have her checked. I just figured I would wait until the fall to know as the ultrasound would reveal where they were at in their cycle if they were not pregnant so I could plan for an in-hand re-breed. A 2 for 1, if you will. Fingers crossed and thanks for asking. I need to call Cheryl.

• Nadj Al Nur, DJ Sheldon, Seglavi and 1 other like this

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#15 Seglavi

Seglavi

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

That is wonderful news, he is such a special stallion and I will keep my fingers crossed for your mares!
Pam Studebaker
Saqlawiyat Arabians
Trotwood, Ohio, USA

#16 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

An exciting update for those not on FB - Roujuan is going to be a daddy!! Sorta Sultry has been confirmed almost 3 months in foal! There is a long way to go, and so many potential issues to avert, but we are thrilled we may have a baby next June :)

• DJ Sheldon, Seglavi and jmarcan like this

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#17 DJ Sheldon

DJ Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Great news Kate!  I am so happy for you.  

• VanAlma likes this

#18 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Kate post that picture of the mare, like you did in fb, good mare - I'm excited about the cross.  Wishing all goes well!

JacqueB

#19 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Kate post that picture of the mare, like you did in fb, good mare - I'm excited about the cross.  Wishing all goes well!

Thanks, Jacque. I am very excited, too, and my mother just about did a dance! I'll post the one from FB and a few others :) The one on the trailer is with my 2 y/o Zakhirah. Sultry is charged with teaching her how to stand tie with some respect for the ground and trailer parts (much to my husband's chagrin) and is also charged with being her pony horse through the fields. I've only got so much time left where I can ride her so she's going to keep in shape by dragging the unruly kid around.

Attached Files

• JacqueB likes this

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users