nihal88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:SE Arabian horses
    Classic cars
    Grandchildren

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Gerry and Sheila Pyne here. We find the Egyptian Breeders Forum Very informative and have recently been invited to join in. We have had SE arabians for over 40 years. We have decided to stand our 25yr old Se  NIHALGRSB at stud this year frozen semen only.He is a very strong fellow and quite active for his age.

NIHAL GRSB is a Gharib son and Noha is his dam. Nihal is a full brother to Norus.   

• Kathy Bailey and jmarcan like this

#2 calicoarab52

calicoarab52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:race/sporthorses, bad kitties.Labrador retrievers, country /celtic music and blues rock.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hello and welcome! What a lovely treasure you have. Could you please post some photos, even if they are old? Your stallion has wonderful old bloodlines!

Sandy C

#3 nihal88

nihal88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
    Classic cars
    Grandchildren

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Thank you Sandy We have many recent pictures of NihalGRSB but I have not been able to post them. Will keep trying. :unsure:

• Nadj Al Nur likes this

#4 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

I have a Norus daughter, I'd love to see some recent pictures of Nihal.

#5 nihal88

nihal88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
    Classic cars
    Grandchildren

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hi Kathy I will put some pictures of Nihal on when I can get them down to 50kb. My grandaughter is coming to visit on the weekend and I will ask her to help in this matter.My computer skills are somewhat limited. To old I guess. :unsure:

• Kathy Bailey likes this

#6 calicoarab52

calicoarab52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:race/sporthorses, bad kitties.Labrador retrievers, country /celtic music and blues rock.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

Well that gives me something to look forward to! I do love the Gharib horses.

Sandy C

#7 nihal88

nihal88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
    Classic cars
    Grandchildren

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Pictures of se Attached File  Nihal. sydney 269 (100x67) (Copy).jpg   62.05KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Nihal. sydney 266.JPG   182.08KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Nihal. sydney 287.JPG   106.98KB   0 downloadsNihal grsb . He is 26 in Jan. but still thinks he is 3. He is a Gharib son

• Nadj Al Nur and Kathy Bailey like this

#8 calicoarab52

calicoarab52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

He looks great, thanks for posting photos! It's hard to go wrong with the Gharib  blood if you want an athlete.

Sandy C

#9 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Love him. He looks SOO much like EH Gamil (other than color)

Posted Image

#10 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

He looks great at 26!! Very well cared for and good Genes too!  Very athletic, typical of that blood.

#11 nihal88

nihal88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
    Classic cars
    Grandchildren

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Thank you folks for your nice comments re Nihal GRSB. I think he is now the only remaining Gharib son left in North America, but cant be really  sure about that. However we are not swamped with Mare owners wanting this old blood just for the blood line.

Nihal himself is an athletic horse and has been used extensively as a trail horse by us and prior to us getting him was used in a riding school. He showed great potential as a country pleasure horse when in the hands of a trainer for a very few months.We have had small grandchildren on his back and he walks as if on eggs . We have had SE Arabians in our barn for nearly 40 years and would choose no other breed if we had to do it over again. Our very first foal in 1975 (Dalina by Dalul was region 18 junior champion in 76)  The Arabian is a thinker and will not follow you over a cliff but makes the best companion ever when treated with respect.  One of Nihals Daughters (LM Nagdia 1996) works every day in a Perali riding school and teaches novice riders how to correctly behave when in the presence of an Equine. She has been at it for over 10 years now. This is the type of Arab you will get when breeding to the old SE Desert Blood..

Gerry. 

• larapintavian, Kathy Bailey, jmarcan and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users