#1 Loriwoo

Loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

POPULAR

Well after readjusting my list, I got my filly.

I gave up homozygous, I gave up black and I gave up SE, then I got the entire list!

Her name right now is Sedaqa Opal Nera,

but will be changed to Aziza Zalia,

and I adore her.

SHe hasn't been handled much but already longes at a walk, I can clean 3 of her feet where previously I could not touch any of them, and she is just adorable and beautiful.

She's a bit jumpy but we're working on that.

Thanks to all for helping me,, I hope to ride her someday and make ya'all proud!

she is 2.

Attached Files

• sdlarabians, Melissa, Northwind and 9 others like this

#2 VanAlma

VanAlma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Oh so pretty - but you know I think that :) Congrats and I love these new pics of her. Can't wait for you to get her going under saddle. I'll be she'll be stunning. What colors will you use for show?

Van Alma Arabians
Find us on Facebook!

#3 maxhopemime

maxhopemime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

Congratulations! She is a lovely girl I'm so glad she's found a home with you!

• JacqueB and Cheryl L like this

#4 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

Congratulations!!! Very pretty.

Northwind Arabians
Chris Johnson
Visit our website.

#5 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

What wonderful news! Tell us all more about her pedigree. She sure is a very pretty girl!

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#6 Loriwoo

Loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Her sire's name is Zambuka  and I know he is straight egyptian,

her dam is

Bint Muneera

and I was told this filly is SE, but there are german horses in her dams line, so i do not know,

here is a link to her pedigree

http://www.allbreedp...edaqa opal nera

would love to hear if she really is SE,,, I think she is,,,  but dont' know much about this .

In halter I will wear a brown suit, which will make her look even blacker.

• Melissa and Northwind like this

#7 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

She IS straight egyptian and al khamsa.

#8 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Lovely filly ! Congratulations.

There are some errors in that all breed pedigree though. Here is the correct one from the AK roster for you. 

http://roster.alkham...l_Nera0a6a8.HTM

Posted Image

#9 Loriwoo

Loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

wow  errors?!?  I could not get the link to work.  

so, what does SE and Al Khamsa mean for me? 

#10 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
    Writing

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

http://roster.alkham..._Nera0a6a8.HTML

OK trying this again. 

Posted Image

#11 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
    Writing

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

What does it mean for you??? Well that will depend on what you intend to do with your filly. It means that you can show her at the EE if you so wish. It is strictly a breeding designation, just like any other.....a matter of preference......

The fact that she is AK, gives you access to her history, if you are into that sort of thing. Some people are and others are not.

Posted Image

#12 Lysette

Lysette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

What a lovely girl! 

I'm always so thrilled to see a horse that traces to Ibn El Mareekh!  His story was what really hooked me on Egyptians.

As for what SE and AK mean for you--that will vary from person to person!  What it means for me is that it is a nice grouping that makes it easier to research and hunt down the horses that I am the most interested in--for example, the lovely online AK roster means I don't have to worry about not having DataSource when I want to look up a pedigree right fast on an AK horse. A lot of SE and AK fans are also fans of research, so there are lots of articles and such out there about many, many horses and their families.  I know one of my favorite horses of the past, the 1901 Ibn Mahruss has carried on more in non-AK lines but I've had a much harder time tracking down those horses than I have of other "old" stallions who carried on in AK.  In those cases there have been plenty of people who have already done the research so to speak.

Home of FDA Nile Bluemoon (Akid Kasim X *Nafaa)

#13 cauley

cauley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Congratulations,she looks very nice.I`m the breeder of her mother Bint Muneera she looks alot like her at the same age,I just put a video together of Bint Muneera with her mother *Muneera and Bint Muneeras sire Alazaar for Kate I think she is sending it on to you.

• VanAlma likes this
Sue www.hopefarmarabians.com

#14 Loriwoo

Loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

thank you all, I feel like I have a new family from all the wonderful wishes and help here on the Egyptian forum!  Lori

#15 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Love the tail female line on this girl. I know you will have so much fun showing this young mare. She looks like she has tons of action and that spark for the showring. Congrats to you for finding what you were looking for. K.R. Lisa

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#16 Loriwoo

Loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

while not a huge milestone to some, she now lets me clean 3 of her feet without any upset at all,, I feel like throwing a party!  the other one,they must have been real rough on her there, she acts like it is on fire!  But she is so adorable, when I have more time, I have to tell you the comments I am getting , the crazy egyptian comments! 

• Melissa likes this

#17 maxhopemime

maxhopemime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

You are probably going to get those for awhile, Crazy Egyptian is what people who never had one say...I will say this that in the begining she may act as flighty as a butterfly a whole lot heavier one but a flighty butterfly is apt...Take your time, dont get mad, laugh at her as much as you want, soon she'll think you're laughing with her and she'll do what ever it is you want, as she will trust you. When you gain a SE's trust you have a horse as frearless as the old bedioun tales.

• Lysette, JacqueB and Debs like this

#18 Loriwoo

Loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

thank you!  A butterfly is a good description, and it really made it easy to teach her some things, you can just kind of SHOO her along and she floats and prances right into doing the right thing.

#19 Debs

Debs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

She is lovely!

#20 Loriwoo

Loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

thanks, it is awful cold here today and so she will get a day off from grooming and handling.  I am anxious to see how well she retains what she has learned thus far when I get her out tomorrow.

I bought her sight unseen, and have not had one regret.  

• maxhopemime likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users