10 replies to this topic

#1 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Mr. Buddy, Navelli, AHA 653158, http://www.allbreedp...fee in 2014.  

Apparently this link may not work, the one given below does.  Both came up the same for me when I was typing up these posts --

No multiple mare discounts, no shipped semen, live cover only.  Mares must be halter broke and manageable; current clean culture, as least in the last 2 months before breeding date, current coggins and no hind shoes as well as being approved by me.   

As I no longer want to stand a stallion at my place, the probable place of actual breeding would be at the Muleshoe Veterinary Clinic or perhaps at a trainers farm but I suspect the vet clinic.  All costs between mare owner and vet clinic are the responsibility of the mare owner and HAVE to be arranged before any breeding will be done.

Registered purebred Arabian mares the cost is $250; all others $100, no jennys.  Buddy (Navelli) will be bred to two of my own mares this spring and this will be his first breedings.

Buddy is a typical Abayyan type horse, wonderful temperament (he is handled with NO chain), and gaits that are easy to ride.  He is just nice to be around.  He is spirited and for novices, I would strongly suggest a more placid disposition, mild temperament??  He should be an excellent cross with Babson mares and also the Dahman type mares. 

#2 Cheryl L

Cheryl L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Arabians
    Gardening
    Poodles
    and a touch of photography

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

http://www.allbreedp...ree.com/navelliYour allbreed link is not right.
Is this the correct one?

#3 Kathy Bailey

Kathy Bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Cheryl, that appears to be the correct one and matches the pedigree in AHA datasource.

#4 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

From the Antara Arabians forum when it was going by Nancy Pearce (yes, I have her permission)

“Lisa Brady also showed my colt, Makhiavelli KA, to Championship honors in a very competitive Amateur Colts 2 and Under class yesterday (out of 12 very nice and very well-shown colts), and today showed him back in the SE Yearling Colts Futurity Preliminaries today and came out with a top ten in that class. Eileen Vierdeck's pretty grey colt was top ten in that class, along with a very pretty chestnut colt, Royal Spirit, owned by Kehilan Arabians. Some very, very nice colts in that class. “

The images no longer come up, sorry.

“Here are a couple of photos of Makhey from the Event - one by Carol Maginn of Makhey and Lisa Brady in center ring (well, you can see Lisa's hand! lol) and one taken by Lisa during the EBC Auction - with Terry Holmes showing Makhey. I was very flattered that Kehilan asked to use Makhey to represent his sire, Makhnificent KA, in the EBC auction. Makhnificent's EBC breeding ended up selling for $8200!!! Nancy Blankenship (of Kehilan) was sitting behind me, and she just kept shaking her head in disbelief as the bid rose higher and higher. The only stallion to top that bid was Imperial Baarez with a staggering $10,000 bid! Sure wish I had an EBC baby for THAT year! lol “

June 9, 2005

So people can compare have a couple of photos taken by his breeder and then one taken by believe Lisa Brady that Nancy Pierce put up on a forum of his sire at about the same age.  Navelli was 14:1 at 15 months and at 20 months a good 14:2.

#5 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

And here are Buddy (Navelli) at about the same age.  The photo that led me to this colt can no longer be found, drats.  The photo was taken as a weanling and showed the tremendous hindquarters, the motor. 

#6 DKZ

DKZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Liz, I may have the weanling photo on my computer, I have to look  Also may have one or two I took of Makhey.  I also have some horses that are related to Buddy, this isn't a sales pitch, I don't have any for sale at this point (my website is outdated, I've got to change that).  But if you would like more information such as pictures of them or details on their structure, personalities etc.  message me, I'm not on my computer often lately so it may take a few days to answer. I Also saw Nadir (who I believe was exported to France) didn't take any photos though I wish I would have and saw Nadir's sire.   I would love to see current pictures of Buddy to see how he is maturing.

#7 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

DM to you.  Liz

#8 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

DKZ was super wonderful and sent me the link to Navelli's dam, Nadir.  She was sold to France I believe in 2012 and foaled there a filly by Mishaal. 

http://www.sinoanara...ares-nadir.html

Forget to mention that Navelli is SCID, CA, and LFS clear.  He is clean!

Though his breeders were using a chain on Navelli, I do not and have not.  At times I might feel the need to carry a whip which he does not feel, but this is not the type of horse I have to handle, and I do daily, with a chain.  The roping trainer did not want a whip; with just a rope halter, his voice, he got it across to Buddy, emphatically, that just 'cause he was returning home and those mares WERE IN HEAT, DID YOU KNOW?, he was to be the "perfect gentleman" at all times.  When I came quickly, running with the whip, the trainer said "No, Miss Liz, No."  

DKZ also sent this foal photo that I have never seen.  For those who want the "baby" photo.

#9 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

Navelli will be standing to outside mares this coming year, 2017.

Fee is $100 to me for grade mares, no papers

$200 for registered mares that are not purebred Arabian

$250 to registered purebred Arabians

This is the fee to me.  Breeding to be done through the vet and all their fees, tests, board must be arranged between owner/lessee of mare and the vet clinic.

Current Coggens, current health certificate and current clean culture required.

#10 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

Navelli is tail femaile Abayyan (El Obeya Om Greec)

12.5% Magidaa topline

25% Nabiel topline

25% Magidaa damline

25% Nabiel damline and 25% full sister to Nabiel damline

8 crosses to Sameh in first eight generations through Sultann, Ibn Hafiza and Maksous

#11 An American Breeder

An American Breeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

Take a good look at Navelli (Buddy) topline.  Every stallion goes in the pedigree of the sire traces to Sameh.  The damline has quite a few going to Nazeer.

Navelli appears to have settled the one mare bred to him last summer.  She certainly looks to be in foal so come June will see.  Pasture or Pen bred. 

• DKZ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users