#21 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

10488242_505818836186939_149884959295754

"If the art were not so difficult we would have plenty of good riders and excellently ridden horses, but as it is the art requires, in addition to everything else, character traits that are not combined in everyone: inexhaustible patience, firm perseverance under stress, courage combined with quiet alertness. If the seed is present only a true, deep love for the horse can develop these character traits to the height that alone will lead to the goal."
SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#22 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

10517371_505816219520534_518373792026080

"If the art were not so difficult we would have plenty of good riders and excellently ridden horses, but as it is the art requires, in addition to everything else, character traits that are not combined in everyone: inexhaustible patience, firm perseverance under stress, courage combined with quiet alertness. If the seed is present only a true, deep love for the horse can develop these character traits to the height that alone will lead to the goal."
SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#23 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

10296484_505775986191224_163480326181555

SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#24 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

10532882_505546339547522_851355514149620

• shall likes this

SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#25 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

I really hope that they will also  compete at Aachen !

ciao Roland Palm(Organising team competition Aachen)

SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#26 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

Vielen Dank Roland, die stehen aber alle auf dem Kopf

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#27 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

That´s the problem of nowaday´s dressage riding ! trainers and riders did not learn that the horse has to raise his back, if truly trained  ! Look her my Newel with 18 years !

1466239_10152067844019684_125180252_n.jp

SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#28 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:pedigrees, sport horse, music, movies

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Your pictures remind me of what I saw some years ago at the Arabian Sport Horse Nationals, horse & riders at 3rd level dressage tests & they were sucked in at the loin!  Patience Prine-Carr was a notable exception.

I was reminded recently by a youtube video post on Anne-Louise Toner's time line that it takes a year to develop a horse's top line.  I'm having fun riding my 21 yo SE Arab mare who has never been ridden day in & day out with exercises to guide her to pick up her back.  I've had folks say to me, 'Oh you could do an intro dressage test with her right now!'  I'm going to give the Darlin' and myself a year to get that topline developed and hope that we both stay sound in the process.  If all goes we'll see you next year at the dressage shows!  And maybe in 2016 we'll get a training level test done at a recognized show!

JacqueB

#29 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

That´s the problem of nowaday´s dressage riding ! trainers and riders did not learn that the horse has to raise his back, if truly trained  ! Look her my Newel with 18 years !

1466239_10152067844019684_125180252_n.jp

Well, Roland, now compare your good seat with the others, which are awful.

Wir sagen" pferd muss ruecken hergeben- aber da braucht man einen gefuehlvollen, experienced rider.

Auch hier fahren die meisten ueber den parcus..

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#30 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Your pictures remind me of what I saw some years ago at the Arabian Sport Horse Nationals, horse & riders at 3rd level dressage tests & they were sucked in at the loin!  Patience Prine-Carr was a notable exception.

I was reminded recently by a youtube video post on Anne-Louise Toner's time line that it takes a year to develop a horse's top line.  I'm having fun riding my 21 yo SE Arab mare who has never been ridden day in & day out with exercises to guide her to pick up her back.  I've had folks say to me, 'Oh you could do an intro dressage test with her right now!'  I'm going to give the Darlin' and myself a year to get that topline developed and hope that we both stay sound in the process.  If all goes we'll see you next year at the dressage shows!  And maybe in 2016 we'll get a training level test done at a recognized show!

actually Jacque it means horse is relaxed and give you his/her back. That doe not take long to achive.

Of course than the back muscles will develope, and the rider will NOT sit the horse out, but ride in a hunter style for a while (lean forward, seat out of the saddle).

I think what Ms toner meant, was the horse lowering his rearend, and that takes much longer.

Some horses are so badly schooled, that their back is like an ironing board, which never can be corrected.

I recommend to get the "von Neindorf" vidio" that would help greatly.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#31 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

I´ve talked with him one day before he left us :

ciao Roland Palm

SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#32 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

@Hansi

Watch this extraordianry video from 1936 :-) so great TRAINING, and the Arabians at the stud are a DREAM !

ciao Roland Palm

SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#33 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

I´ve talked with him one day before he left us :

ciao Roland Palm

thanks Roland,  Egon Von Neindorf was also one of my teachers in 1960 in Karlsruhe,Germany for 3-4 months and again in Canada in 1971.

It would be wise for those interested in proper training/riding to get a copy of this video.

thanks again

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#34 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

@Hansi

Watch this extraordianry video from 1936 :-) so great TRAINING, and the Arabians at the stud are a DREAM !

ciao Roland Palm

dear Roland

Did not know this film exists, where did you get it from, where can I get it? 

There we see excellent conformation, super legs, movement etc.on so many.

But then people were educated in horsemanship and how to breed a good horse.

I saw Fetysz (1924) at my grand fathers, who ran one of the trakehner stations in 1938 when I was 7 years old and will never forget it.

Fetysz was NOT Asil, but carried the excellent non-asil lines of Kobyla, MiLOrdka, Ostrogska, Kodeks, etc.

The Ails were Ilderam (1895) Semhan (c.1880) Kohejlan-Abu-Argub (c.1850) Caramba (1860) Hama (1868) etc.etc.

Also saw Hyperion (1926) (Dampfross x Hypothese) a super stallion. He produced also Termit (1933) who became a chief stud at Trakehnen. Last entry I have is  "Alwina (1946" x Liebling) mare,bred in Neubleeser,Krs Torgau and went to Mr Bahere,Spring,Germany

Some Carry the TB Red Prince II (c.1890) -english TB) and of course originally various Asil Arabians.

Interesting, eh

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#35 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:pedigrees, sport horse, music, movies

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

actually Jacque it means horse is relaxed and give you his/her back. That doe not take long to achive.

Of course than the back muscles will develope, and the rider will NOT sit the horse out, but ride in a hunter style for a while (lean forward, seat out of the saddle).

I think what Ms toner meant, was the horse lowering his rearend, and that takes much longer.

Hansi

Ms Toner didn't say anything.  It was a Will Faerber, Classical Dressage trainer short youtube video.  His point was that it takes one year of developing muscling over the topline to begin to develop collection -lowering the rearend as you put it.  Lifting the back as you noted doesn't take that long to achieve. Here's the video link see if his teaching is in line with your instruction/understanding.  Everything he describes is consistent to what I've been exposed to, I just needed to be reminded how long it took.

• Cheryl L likes this
JacqueB

#36 mar

mar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Some news:

Wilma is not listed on nominated entries for WEG in Normandy herself, but Frisia Shaheen is listed as one of the two horses nominated with Jeremy Reynolds. There are 10 riders and 13 horses on nominated entries for USA, only 5 are allowed to compete for each country, so lets see, what will be the final selection

For Spain, Jaume Punti Dachs is nominated with Ramses de la Rotja, 9 years old gelding by "my" Ghazal Imdal (Imperial Imdal x AK Ghazala by Ibn Moniet El Nefous out of Bint Bint Moniet). I leased Ghazal Imdal for 2007 and 2008 breeding seasons, this year I have his first grandaughter born. Ghazal Imdal´s offspring is alreadyproven on world´s level - his SE son Menacer won 1st place in teams nd11th place in individuals at World Endurance Championship for juniors ad young riders in Babolna in 2009.

Jaume Punti Dachs won European Senior Championship last year in Most, is for a long time one of the best UAE trainers and his wife Maria Alvarez Ponton won 4 World and European Championships in a row (2008 Malaysia, 2009 Assisi, 2010 Kentucky, 2011 Florac) and came 4th in 2012 in London. It means that when HE will ride Ramses de la Rotja, it must be very good horse and high expectations are placed on him.

On a lower level, Fiery Diamond, Anglo-Arabian mare sired by my late SE stallion PVA Baahir (Ruminaja Ali x Imperial Sonbolen by Moniet El Nafis out of Serenity Sonbolah) won CEI* 86 km competition in Trestina last weekend and also Best Condition award and is now qualifed for Young Horses World Championship.

#37 paelmchen

paelmchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

@Hansi

the historical video is mady by the UFA and you find it on you tube :-) !

10285784_10152382915474684_6345253861955

A truly good trained horse has learned to carry hisself, even on loose reins :-) ! Newel (AAF Absolut x Amun Bint Kaishana by Gharib)

I think the GHARIB line is one of the best RIDINGHORSE producers !

ciao Roland Palm

SRS_rider.gif
Gustav Steinbrecht

#38 nihal88

nihal88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:SE Arabian horses
    Classic cars
    Grandchildren

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Having owned a Gharib son (NihalGRSB) for over 20 years I could not agree more. He has taught most of our grand babies and great grand babies how to ride and is still at it at 26 yrs. young.  Most wonderful equine we have ever owned.

Gerry 

• Nadj Al Nur likes this

#39 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Well, Roland, now compare your good seat with the others, which are awful.

Wir sagen" pferd muss ruecken hergeben- aber da braucht man einen gefuehlvollen, experienced rider.

Auch hier fahren die meisten ueber den parcus..

Hansi

Roland I was a bit to hard on the riders. Actually they are not doing that bad, just have to relax a bit more I think. Sorry for what I said.

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

#40 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Having owned a Gharib son (NihalGRSB) for over 20 years I could not agree more. He has taught most of our grand babies and great grand babies how to ride and is still at it at 26 yrs. young.  Most wonderful equine we have ever owned.

Gerry 

I agree with you and Roland. Have seen numerous Gharib get and grand get and all were very functional and also beautiful Gharib left many excellent half arabians, when mated with warmbloods in Germany.

I guess pedigrees and breeding does not lie, eh

Hansi

Hansi-Heck Melnyk

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users