• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nancyrobert2011

nancyrobert2011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

We all have different learning techniques. Some may enjoy reading, which helps them to progress. Others simply sit in front of the TV and watch everything in English, and are able to understand the language perfectly (
 Read blogs or news which are important for you in English!

I knew absolutely nothing about the online world. I didn’t know how to make the website popular or how to use social media.
At first I started to look for information in my language (Hungarian), but when I didn’t find enough information, I had to check the things in English.
Since then I read everything that interests me and that contains useful information for me, in English. One or two articles per day. I have made tremendous improvement, as now I can understand anything that I read. Isn’t that what you want?

#2 curly02

curly02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

I too was not a native English speaker. Luckily for me, English was a required subject in school beginning in the third grade and when we immigrated to the US after the sixth grade, I had a working understanding of the language! It was for me, a very easy language to learn. I also read everything I could get my hands on! Books, magazines, newspapers and then refining my accent to be almost imperceptible. I tried very hard to become American! Both in habits and voice.

Joe Linzner
CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users