• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:www.wolffphotography.nl, war crimes, Desert bred Arabians, Sheykh Obeyd and Babson Arabians.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

Dear all,

My name is Brigitte and usually I post at forums as "Nasheeta". which is also the name of my stable.

My main interests are various Asil horses like the rare Iranian Asil, Bahraini Asil and the Asils from Syria and so on but basically I like many kinds of Arabians, also the partbreds like the Shagya Arabian. My favourite Arabian bloodline in Egyptian breeding is the Babson one.
On top of that I surely like so-called Baroque breeds like the Spanish horse and Lipizzan horse.

Currently I do not breed but enjoy my horses by riding, training and competing with them and basically I like all aspects of taking care of horses and daily horse life.

Hope to meet you and talk with you on the forum.

Brigitte

Attached Files

Nasheeta Arabians

home of
Abu Dhabi (Djinn x Pax), Manara Samira r.i.p. (Masada Massoud x Matara Saafana), Zabira Atya (Ebony Rumaadi x Bach Raisa),
Fadra (Neapolitano XXIX-22 x Maestoso XLVI-3), a), Kuhaylat Imzaa (Antar el Elamal x Impress CS), Shennah BLA (Renoir MBI x Suraha KSI)

Proud owner of miniature mare NOVA stables Carissa (Falabella)

Have a look at www.nasheeta.com

and home of

The Samira Foundation, a sacntuary for old, formerly abandonned and abused arabian mares. Currently offering a home to Ber Parabola, Razade des Belles, Sarafeh, Aronda Star r.i.p. , Prinses Dalmea r.i.p., Dizzy Devil, Impress CS and Flaxman's Ophelia. Donations most welcome!

www.facebook.com/stichtingsamira

co-author (with Ms Saskia Klaassen) of "Impressions" a manual to arabian bloodlines in The Netherlands

#2 Heidi

Heidi

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

:1233_hand_clapping:

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#3 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

Dear all,

My name is Brigitte and usually I post at forums as "Nasheeta". which is also the name of my stable.

My main interests are various Asil horses like the rare Iranian Asil, Bahraini Asil and the Asils from Syria and so on but basically I like many kinds of Arabians, also the partbreds like the Shagya Arabian. My favourite Arabian bloodline in Egyptian breeding is the Babson one.
On top of that I surely like so-called Baroque breeds like the Spanish horse and Lipizzan horse.

Currently I do not breed but enjoy my horses by riding, training and competing with them and basically I like all aspects of taking care of horses and daily horse life.

Hope to meet you and talk with you on the forum.

Brigitte

der brigitte

you are so welcome here, joining all of us. you are riding a beautful horse and look good in that saddle. let us hear lots more and thanks for the lovely photos. and what a smile, eh! :1233_hand_clapping:

take care
hansi
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#4 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:www.wolffphotography.nl, war crimes, Desert bred Arabians, Sheykh Obeyd and Babson Arabians.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:55 AM

Dear all,

Thanks very much for your kind words of welcome.

Taking care of horses and riding is my biggest passion.
It's because of this I chose not to breed because we simply can not do both. Especially regarding the current world wide recession. Which is a real pity in my eyes because having horses and investing in your hobby gives much pleasure.

I am competing currently in endurance at the shorter distances with my SE mare (Babson/Sirecho/Ansata Ibn Halima bloodlines), the grey one.
My black SE mare is a descendant of Folla through JK Blue Hamda.

With my first partbred Arabian, a chestnut Crabbet mare, I competed at advanced level in endurance up to 90kms. I also did this with the Hispano-Arabian gelding of my husband. My husband won a TREC event in The Netherlands in 2006 with this horse.
Because of these two fantastic horses, I like partbred Arabians too.

At this moment I am starting a riding school and training stable but it is of course not easy in the current economical situation.
Nevertheless it feels great to be with and work with horses all day.

Attached a pic of my daughter riding my first Arabian mare Abu Dhabi. My daughter is six years old and grew up with our horses. She loves to "ride".

Kind regards to all,
Brigitte

Attached Files

Nasheeta Arabians

home of
Abu Dhabi (Djinn x Pax), Manara Samira r.i.p. (Masada Massoud x Matara Saafana), Zabira Atya (Ebony Rumaadi x Bach Raisa),
Fadra (Neapolitano XXIX-22 x Maestoso XLVI-3), a), Kuhaylat Imzaa (Antar el Elamal x Impress CS), Shennah BLA (Renoir MBI x Suraha KSI)

and home of

The Samira Foundation, a sacntuary for old, formerly abandonned and abused arabian mares. Currently offering a home to Ber Parabola, Razade des Belles, Sarafeh, Aronda Star r.i.p. , Prinses Dalmea r.i.p., Dizzy Devil, Impress CS and Flaxman's Ophelia. Donations most welcome!

co-author (with Ms Saskia Klaassen) of "Impressions" a manual to arabian bloodlines in The Netherlands

#5 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:pedigrees, sport horse, music, movies

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hello Brigitte,
Welcome to EB.com. Good luck with your riding & training ventures. Saw on your website that you are in Tilburg. Have client that spent the summers there, she was head groom for a grand prix jumping farm here in Virginia, USA. There is a large Hippisch center there?(did I write the word right?). We have a small car- Impreza Subaru & my husband had the license plates made to say - paardje. People are all the time asking us "what's that?"
In 1995 we stayed adjacent to Vondelpark in Amsterdam & I took a riding lesson at the beautiful manage there - since I had been on the back of a horse about 10 hours in my whole life, I'm sure it was pretty entertaining to watch - especially since I think we did w/t/c - more credit to the horse than anything else!
Look forward to hearing about what you are doing as time goes by! How lucky you are to have a photographer in the family - your children are beautiful.
JacqueB

#6 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Thanks Jacque!

Do you mean a large Hippisch centrum in Tilburg? We have several riding schools in the area, one is Bien Venue, a more professional stable. They are the neighbours from Smaroel Arabians owned by the Smarius Family, the best known breeders of Straight Egyptians in Netherlands. They imported quite some SE's from the US and Egypt (Fikri for instance). Bien Venue is a large dressage stable though, a very beautiful facility.

How cute about the plate! I can picture the people reading Paardje and then eyebrows up.. :PerspectMA19366318-0001:

So you rode at the Amsterdamse manege? Wow, with those historical ceilings and all? That's a memorable event.

I still have my dayjob so my riding school adventures are not very risky economically speaking. People here tell me in these times it is completely impossible to start any business, especially a horse business.

I have quite many new clients now, but just not enough horses!!

My husband just took new photos of all our horses. I am busy cutting them so I can upload them here.
I just love to watch horse photos any time.

Take care,
Brigitte

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#7 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

Thanks Jacque!

Do you mean a large Hippisch centrum in Tilburg?

So you rode at the Amsterdamse manege? Wow, with those historical ceilings and all? That's a memorable event.

Probably the Hippisch centrum - they bring over warmbloods/irish sporthorse stallions mostly

Yes, those ceilings are amazing, I took lots of pictures there - in my scrapbook - loved the old standing stalls,too. Got some pictures of horses with really big butts :PerspectMA19366318-0001:
JacqueB

#8 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Those are very nice photos to post here too!

I have visited some ancient riding schools, where they still practise classical dressage with precious and majestic Baroque horses. I enjoyed to walk around there at such an historical place as much as I enjoyed to watch the show.
I have been to the Real Escuele del Arte Ecuestre at Jerez de la Frontera (Spain) and recently to the Portugese equivalent at Queluz.
I recently also enjoyed a dressage clinic in Netherlands by an Ober Bereiter of the Spanish riding school in Vienna. But did not visit the school in Vienna yet.
There is something magical about persons and things that have had such a cultural and historical impact.

Unfortunately I never visited the Amsterdamse manege myself but I will certainly do this in the future!

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#9 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Well Brigitte,
You'd enjoy Het Loo, too. I spent a whole day there - read every plaque - all my photos predate digital - so in my scrapbook

My Momma saw the Lippazaner's at the Spanish riding school in Vienna - she lords it over me - sat in the seat real close to the horses - my grandma was a penny pincher & fussed & fussed with my Moma about how much she paid for the tickets - $50 back in the 1960's, but once the show began Grama shut up and bragged on the experience repeatedly.

Do you go to Aachen for the Sept Nation's Cup?
JacqueB

#10 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Brigette,

All the very best with your new venture.

As a teen, I was fortunate enough to go to Europe with my grandmother, and a couple more visits a few years later, once alone, and once with my daughter. I recall my riding lessons there with fondness. The strict German instructor! Wow, those are some special memories.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Tammens Nadira (Tammen x ADH Nadafe by Shukri) 1995 Bay  
Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
MB Faheena (Safeen x AK Bint Fatiha by Moniet El Sharaf) 1997 Ches. 
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 
Aimbri Zaafinah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2004 Ches/Flaxen 
Aimbri Amurra (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2005 Ches. SOLD!
Aimbri Fawzia (Moon Sheine x Tammens Nadira) 2005 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Zakirah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2006 Bay SOLD!
Aimbri Amira Alia (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2006 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Bint Bint Matrabb (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb) 2011 Ches.

2 SE/AK Sweepstakes Nominated Chestnut Geldings by El Matrabb  SOLD! $
Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#11 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

Well Brigitte,
You'd enjoy Het Loo, too. I spent a whole day there - read every plaque - all my photos predate digital - so in my scrapbook

My Momma saw the Lippazaner's at the Spanish riding school in Vienna - she lords it over me - sat in the seat real close to the horses - my grandma was a penny pincher & fussed & fussed with my Moma about how much she paid for the tickets - $50 back in the 1960's, but once the show began Grama shut up and bragged on the experience repeatedly.

Do you go to Aachen for the Sept Nation's Cup?

Het Loo! We'll do that this Summer then, I never went there. This time we stay in the Netherlands for a Summer Holiday.
50$ back then! Wow, I do not want to think about today's prices then! But it will be worth while I am sure. I own a Lipizzan mare (pic attached) and they are truly special. Sometimes not really easy but very powerful and elegant riding horses they make.
Also, the Ober Bereiters travel around the world to spread their knowledge about dressage. Their clinics are very interesting.
Arthur Kottas did this and now Andreas Hausberger.

I do not think I have time to go to Aachen. In September I have 3 distance rides scheduled but we'll see how it goes.

Brigitte

Attached Files

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#12 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

Brigette,

All the very best with your new venture.

As a teen, I was fortunate enough to go to Europe with my grandmother, and a couple more visits a few years later, once alone, and once with my daughter. I recall my riding lessons there with fondness. The strict German instructor! Wow, those are some special memories.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

Thanks very much! I have been to the US twice but that was already ten years ago. Time flies!
When the children are a little bit older I think we can go again.
I was so fortunate to be able to visit Masada Farm and enjoyed the company of Walter Schimanski for an entire week. I saw so many gorgeous SO and Babson Egyptians then.
I have around 1000 photos from that trip.
If I find time I scan them in and post them here.
Here's a photo of my own Babson related mare: a friend is riding her at the Emerald Egyptian Event.

Brigitte

Attached Files

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#13 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Welcome to the board Brigitte!

I love your Babson and Andalusian mares! Of course they are all lovely.. I too have a soft spot in my heart for Baroque horses lol.

#14 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:23 AM

Thanks Janessa,

I love them very much too and they go well together with Arabians.
Only thing to watch is that they eat so much! My Babson and Crabbet Arabian mares also were very good eaters and had to watch their figure but my Lipizzan mare is worse, she stops moving and only eats eats. She is now on a diet. Our Andalusian gelding is the same, also needed extra care and with our pastures growing like bad weed, we can not risk anymore to put them on grass day and nights.

Brigitte

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#15 janessa

janessa

Secret Oasis Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

I have never had the privilege of owning or caring for one, but in your experiences are they usually pretty easy keepers?

#16 Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses. Breeding Straight Egyptian, Classical Spanish and Golden Cross.

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

:th_roflol: I'm so happy you've decided to join us! Thanks for sharing those great photos and telling us something about yourself.

#17 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:58 PM

I have never had the privilege of owning or caring for one, but in your experiences are they usually pretty easy keepers?

Very! yes. I have 2 Arabian mares that are easy keepers too and one is hard to get in shape, she is the very opposite, only thrives well on summer grass. But the Baroque horses we have, one Andalucian and one Lipizzan are very easy keepers. Hard to make them loose weight without being on a permanent diet or high level endurance training (which we do not practise year round).
I have been told that the Lipizzan horses of the Siglavy (!yes!) bloodlines are more like the slender kind of Arabians, they do not easily become weighty.

Brigitte

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#18 Nasheeta

Nasheeta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

:lurk: I'm so happy you've decided to join us! Thanks for sharing those great photos and telling us something about yourself.

It's a pleasure to be here Ray!

I love to hear and share stories and photos.

Brigitte

Nasheeta Arabians

home of

and home of

#19 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:17 AM

Welcome Love the native costume pictures
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#20 SE Legacy

SE Legacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:SE Legacy Boodstock breeds, shows and promotes Straight Egyptian Arabian horses with a an emphasis on perpectuating the bloodlines of Imperial Egyptian Stud. We stand the 2012 EE Unanimous Class Champion, Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) and always welcome visitors.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:27 AM

It's a pleasure to be here Ray!

I love to hear and share stories and photos.

Brigitte

Brigitte,

It is so refreshing to have someone join us who is genuinely passionate about the horses in such a positive way. When I was in Central America, the Costa Ricans (also known as Ticos) told me the people in the US needed to La Vida Dulce, or "Live the (sweet) Life"....I believe that is true. So much pressure here in the US -- do you feel it in your country or no?

SE Legacy Bloodstock

Straight Egyptian Stallions at Stud:

Amer Shahed (Imperial Shehaab x Imperial Kameesha (Imperial Al Kamar) - 2009, SE, AK Grey Stallion
Ibn Glorieta Gazaal (Alfano Mystall (Imperial Imdal) x Glorieta Gabriela) 2009 SE, AK Grey Stallion

Straight Egyptian Bloodstock Sales:

Please visit our web site www.selegacy.com for an updated sales list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users