• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Tracey

Tracey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Raising and Training Egyptian and Egyptian sired horses... We ride the river trails, local gymkhana's and love to just get together with a group of people and ride where ever.... I grew up with horses, our 3 children grew up with horses and now on to the next phase of our life where we are hoping our future grand children will grow up with horses...

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

I know this is really not unusual for Alberta, But it's a little frustrating... Mowing Grass one day and this the next.... Just had to share my frustration... LOL

Thanks

Tracey

Attached File  DSC_0003.JPG   1.16MB   0 downloads
Attached File  DSC_0004.JPG   1.44MB   0 downloads
Attached File  DSC_0031.JPG   1.64MB   0 downloads

Straight Egyptian Stallions

Ibn Ben Malik (Ben Malik(Malik x Nil Nour) x MB Marammena (Tammen x Marrida)
Supreme (True Colours x Bahiyaa (Imperial Saturn)

Mare & Filly Band

Shakara Dani (Rasmoniet RSI X Daniya (Haniya x Ameer Albadeia)
Shamoniet Nasheeta (Nasralle Moniet (AK Na Moniet x AK Nasrafa) X (AK Shamara (Moniet El Sharaf x *Shams El Sabah)
FTA's Jassirah 2010 SE Chestnut Filly (Supreme x Shamoniet Nasheeta)
FTA's Aneesah 2010 SE Chestnut Filly (Supreme x Moniet's Egyptian Dream)
FTA's Jaide 2010 SE Grey Filly (Supreme x JM Dream Venture)

#2 tstormwing

tstormwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

Gypsy sends her love... and condolences! LOL She's not real sure about the high 80's weather here this week, although she did finally dump the winter coat about 3 weeks ago.

Kimberley

#3 Nadj Al Nur

Nadj Al Nur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Horses
    Art (painting and teaching)
    Writing

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Tracey, we got it too...........are STILL getting it as a matter of fact !!! My tulips and daffodils are very sad, and my horses are still in the barn............
Cathy

Posted Image

#4 Aimbri

Aimbri

Jeannette

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hi Cathy and Tracey,

Sorry to see what you ladies are dealing with. We had snow last Thurs and Fri. It melted almost immediately here, but a bit farther north, it stayed for a while.

No snow here right now, but there is a COLD wind, and I'm afraid that it's a comin'

Global warming! Isn't it terrible???

Jeannette
Aimbri Arabians
Visit My Website

All horses at Aimbri Arabians are SE and AK, and all mares and stallions are LFS, CA and SCID Tested Clear!
Colt:

Aimbri El Kaream (REA El Kaream+ x Tal Imdal by Imperial Imdal+) 2013 grey colt LFS, CA and SCID tested Clear.

Mares:

Tammens Nadira (Tammen x ADH Nadafe by Shukri) 1995 Bay  
Aimbri Ansarah (Aseffa Moniet by Rasmoniet RSI x Zahara Basharah by Ramses Maris) 1996 Bay
MB Faheena (Safeen x AK Bint Fatiha by Moniet El Sharaf) 1997 Ches. 
Aimbri Amira Matrabb (El Matrabb x Dorian Mon Amie by AK Na Moniet) 1998 Ches/Flax 
Aimbri Zaafinah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2004 Ches/Flaxen 
Aimbri Amurra (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2005 Ches. SOLD!
Aimbri Fawzia (Moon Sheine x Tammens Nadira) 2005 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Zakirah (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Ansarah) 2006 Bay SOLD!
Aimbri Amira Alia (Moon Sheine x MB Faheena) 2006 Ches/Flaxen
Aimbri Bint Bint Matrabb (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb) 2011 Ches.

2 SE/AK Sweepstakes Nominated Chestnut Geldings by El Matrabb  SOLD! $
Aimbri Emir Hilal (Moon Sheine x Aimbri Amira Matrabb by El Matrabb) 2007 Ches. $

#5 hansi

hansi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Interests:straight egyptian arabian horse breeder since 1967.
    researcher, author of 24 book puplications on arabian horses, the straight egyptian index and others,
    quarantine staton and manager okayed by florida depeartment of agriculture.

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hi Cathy and Tracey,

Sorry to see what you ladies are dealing with. We had snow last Thurs and Fri. It melted almost immediately here, but a bit farther north, it stayed for a while.

No snow here right now, but there is a COLD wind, and I'm afraid that it's a comin'

Global warming! Isn't it terrible???

o boy, so sory, looks nice though

last week we had it 112F in the sun, 92F in the shade and in the last two days rain and down to 60F
nusty,nusty and wet. did some one say the globe is warming? well, looks like getting into an ice age, eh.

never ever in florida during our 32 years did we have this kind of temperature end of may.
i guess st.peter is on vacation. wait when i get up there dome day, i have a strong talk with him.

take care
hansi :1233_hand_clapping:
Hansi-Heck Melnyk
Serenity Arabian farms, Florida, USA

Posted Image

#6 desertfire7

desertfire7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Everything horse, art, gardening, music, biology, history, politics.

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Beautiful photos Tracey!! :1233_hand_clapping:

Straight Egyptian Arabians~
Moomtahza WWA (Thee Desperado x SL Alicia by Alidaar) Grey Mare
Azizi El Nil ZHR (Sheikh El Nil x Moomtahza WWA) Grey Stallion

Quarter Horses~
Texans Only Hope (Golden Caantender x Flowers In Crystal) AQHA/PHBA Dunalino mare
Two Eyed Red Cupid (Two Eyed Red Skipper x Ms Two D Perfect) AQHA / Foundation Bred Perlino stallion
Mae West N Diamonds (Two Eyed Red Cupid x Texans Only Hope) AQHA Cremello Dun Filly

#7 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Tracey, I always liked the Shamruk on Rasmoniet RSI daughters and visa versa. Good compliments.

#8 Tracey

Tracey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Raising and Training Egyptian and Egyptian sired horses... We ride the river trails, local gymkhana's and love to just get together with a group of people and ride where ever.... I grew up with horses, our 3 children grew up with horses and now on to the next phase of our life where we are hoping our future grand children will grow up with horses...

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

Awe Thanks Guys....It's Still Snowing and Windy... Not too cold though. I'm Feeling pretty sorry for my self right now....LOL this has been on and off now all Spring...

Good thing I only put my Potatos and onions in the garden so far... LOL

I have a mare due right away, and we don't have a barn , She is bedded down right now in a Shelter made into a foaling shelter... She should be fine..I Always make sure we breed late enough in the season that we are generally safe, LOL, that one back fired in my face this year one foal on the ground and one to go... It's just so frustrating...

OH Well took on all of unfinished painting projects yesterday and today... Weather man is calling for it to be spring again tomorrow.. We will see...

Thanks Everyone
Tracey

Mare & Filly Band

Shamoniet Nasheeta (Nasralle Moniet (AK Na Moniet x AK Nasrafa) X (AK Shamara (Moniet El Sharaf x *Shams El Sabah)

#9 sdlarabians

sdlarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Very pretty pictures ... but you can keep it!! LOL
Alison

Shear D-Lite Arabians
Breedres of PERFORMANCE Straight Egyptians
http://sheardlitearabians.com/

Standing at stud: El Rashiid MA (El Majiid x Maar-Riana [*El Mareekh])

"El Rashiid MA is bred generations deep to sire beautiful athletes" ~ Arlene Magid

#10 deettah

deettah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

I know, what a bummer! I was supposed to do a photoshoot in Ontario next week and we had to postpone because of the snow. Here's hoping for warmer weather!

#11 JacqueB

JacqueB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:pedigrees, sport horse, music, movies

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:02 AM

Your story reminds me of coming over the Rocky Mountains in Colorado in June with my family as a kid and we barely made it thru the pass before they closed the road - blowing snow - IN June!
JacqueB

#12 ponygirl

ponygirl

SLC CAMELOT FARMS advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:My interest mainly focus on my children and horses. Single mom of three grown children. I discovered my first arabian in 92 and have been hooked since. I have spent my life with many breeds and Arabians are the best. Their beauty never ceases to take my breath away

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:16 AM

I would be making snow angels
SLC Camelot Farms
Sherry

#13 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Interests:My Family, friends and our beautiful Arabian horses.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

Yeah we woke up to frost on the windshields this AM, thank gosh we didn't get snow. Boy I feel for you.
Good luck with the mare you have due. We had one born on March 17th 2 yrs ago during a blizzard, mare was bedded down in a nice private stall barn, we had heat lamps & foal blankets on hand, everything worked out well in the end. We wish you luck & hope it all melts fast. We will never breed so early again, oh the South is calling me...

Rising Phoenix Arabians is located in beautiful Chester Mass. U.S.A. in the foothills of the Berkshire's.
http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com

We are A family dedicated to breeding our Arabians for performance and family enjoyment. Our Arabians are full of type, kindness, versatility, excellent temperament, athleticism and noble intelligence with World Class proven pedigree's. Feel free to contact us anytime, Sincerely Stephen W. Piispanen, Lisa M.Piispanen, Karina E. Piispanen & our grandson Noah Alenander.

We have 5 Arabian mares, our 2 Straight Egyptian mares are listed below.

MB Zareena ( Safeen X AK Shezara)- Dam of two superb Straight Egyptian foals. Dam of numerous X's SHIH Champion Straight Egyptian Stallion Amir Al Ahlam. "Amir" is doing excellent in his new home and competes in many open shows against all breeds. We are pleased to say he is an EXCELLENT performance stallion!  Amir will be doing his first Hunter Pace this coming weekend.

Ali's Zaafinah ( Achaean Ali X MB Zareena)- Dam of Bashyr Ali Safeen, Top Ten Egyptian Event colt.

http://risingphoenixarabians.webs.com BLACK PUREBRED COMING 4yr. OLD DOMESTIC BRED, ( HAS HIGH % EGYPTIAN) FILLY OFFERED FROM RISING PHOENIX ARABAINS.

#14 LMG

LMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied - too many to cram in one life time or maybe that's just an attention deficit problem. Am waiting for a new definition of the term.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

Beautiful pictures. All those of you, who live in this type of weather conditions, my hat is off to you. You are all better men/women than I ever want to be. It's probably was due to my "outhouse" experiences as a farm kid in Iowa.

Lorriee

#15 Tracey

Tracey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Everyone... Updating.... The weather is a lot nicer, We have Sun and a little heat with it, Wind is up though but that will dry everything, The mare is still preggo's .... , My painting is done, So things are a lot nicer.

Lorriee, We did the outhouse thing too, and had now power (Mom and Dad homestead a quarter of bush) Melted snow for drinking and wash water....Coal oil lamps to do homework by... My uncle made a wood stock tank heater for the horses, So all we had to do was fill it with snow every morning and night...
We did that until I was 14, once we got power and water We were totally up town... LOL

Thanks again everyone for letting me share my frustration the other day....

Tracey

Mare & Filly Band

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users